soft buttons not working...sort of

Search This thread

st3ch

Jul 12, 2011
hopefully someone knows about this
so I bought an HTC Desire C for my mother
1.5 y later the soft buttons don't work
because I had installed recovery before, just in case, now I can see that they work in the recovery but do not work in the ROM

any ideas how to fix this

so far hard and soft reset, updates, stock ruu flashes and virus checks are a no go

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
because I had installed recovery before, just in case, now I can see that they work in the recovery but do not work in the ROM

so far hard and soft reset, updates, stock ruu flashes and virus checks are a no go

Just factory reset the device and try flashing it again... if it doesn't work make sure you used the latest RUU and if that doesn't work I don't know what's wrong!

PS I see you have a Xperia SP too ;)

Reactions: st3ch

maniknarang

Sep 1, 2013
San Diego

Go for this application:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androguide.pimpmyrom&hl=en

Download and navigate to tools...
Then select navigation bar>reboot... This would enable navigation bar, then no need of the softbuttons...
Hope this helps... Any queries, feel free to ask!!:)
BY THE WAY, it works great with MINICM!! Check my signature

Reactions: st3ch

st3ch

Jul 12, 2011
didn't expect this was possible but...
my mother now has a new smartphone but she keeps the desire C because she likes it and as a backup, so I took it and asked her why when it is broken and old...and it turns out that a year later the touch buttons work, and this is after I installed different recoveries, RUUs, made tests and so on and nothing helped, now they work without a glich...wtaf...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just factory reset the device and try flashing it again... if it doesn't work make sure you used the latest RUU and if that doesn't work I don't know what's wrong!

PS I see you have a Xperia SP too ;)

Go for this application:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androguide.pimpmyrom&hl=en

Download and navigate to tools...
    Then select navigation bar>reboot... This would enable navigation bar, then no need of the softbuttons...
    Hope this helps... Any queries, feel free to ask!!:)
    BY THE WAY, it works great with MINICM!! Check my signature