[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
great work, thanks a lot!

Is it possible to get widget to contact carroussel without any lag too :) ?
Just updated the Ultimate Edition to add the Contacts Carousel to the Spb Menus list. I will change the upload links for the new cab and post a cab with just the new update for people who dont want to uninstall their existing cab and install the new one. Both cabs will accomplish exactly the same thing and if you dont need or want Contacts Carousel link on your screen then you dont need to do anything.

Mark :)

EDIT: Updated the Ultimate cab in the main post with the added Contacts Carousel link. Also updated the cab for the custom backgrounds version.

Attached file is to update the existing ProPlus Ultimate Edition with the new links ONLY. Its not a full installation.

Attachments

• WidgetsProPlusUltimate_Update_062309.cab
    10.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Saket

Jun 9, 2008
Thanks buddy for sharing your hard work......

It's really superb..... n very useful......

Those changes really working fine on my cell....

Regards...

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Are you working on an ulitmate version for vga also?
Im resizing all the new widgets and will release a basic and ultimate version for VGA/WVGA in the next few days hopefully. There shouldnt be any need for an Extras version now since the Spb Menu Links work perfectly now on Pro Plus Ultimate.

senzas

Apr 25, 2009
Hello All,

Can someone tell me how i can enlarge the agenda widget on my lifestyle screen. Now it only displays 3 appointments. Altough its set to show as many as possible. The agenda is the only widget on that page.

Thnx!

Greetzz Senzas

I've found out how to do it. I created a new agenda plugin in the widgets.xml file. Located in qa_layouts.dat. Now my problem is that I dont know how to put the new widgets file into the dat file. Can annyone help me please.
Winrar does open the .dat file... but I dont know how to create the new dat file.

Tnx...

Nicaragüense

Oct 21, 2008
dat files are just renamed zip files, so just rezip the files(remember to use the same password when rezipping) and the rename the extension to dat

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008
Alignment of home screen

Hi,
First of all great wk with the pro widgets addition Mskip, impressive stuff.

I was trying this for a couple of days and then all of a sudden after a call the home screen alignment was out of wack, the background i was using moved to the right by a few cm's, enough to look annoying.
soft reset, uninstall, install etc, i just couldnt get it to correct itself.
I have it working now but whenever i install the pro widgets cab again, eventually the background goes out of alignment or i lose the 2 main tabs (launcher/contacts) as well. Cant figure it out???
Any ideas?
Ps. I have a HTC Touch p3450 and installed the correct version being QVGA.

Last edited:

ali1010

Nov 25, 2008
Just updated the Ultimate Edition to add the Contacts Carousel to the Spb Menus list. I will change the upload links for the new cab and post a cab with just the new update for people who dont want to uninstall their existing cab and install the new one. Both cabs will accomplish exactly the same thing and if you dont need or want Contacts Carousel link on your screen then you dont need to do anything.

Mark :)

EDIT: Updated the Ultimate cab in the main post with the added Contacts Carousel link. Also updated the cab for the custom backgrounds version.

Attached file is to update the existing ProPlus Ultimate Edition with the new links ONLY. Its not a full installation.

hi mskip!
is the button 1x4 ( text clear) and w/ colors included?
tnx.

Bogy54

Jan 14, 2009
mskip, the new cab works great. No lag at all. Now I just have to decide which widgets I want to use on which pages. I've always wanted the agenda button because keeping track of my calendar is one of the primary reasons I have my device. But obviously I don't need the agenda button on the page with the large calendar. Now I can put a different button on that page. Thanks to both you and RustyOmnia for your great work.

f0ster52

Jul 16, 2008
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to setup ms3 lifestyle panel with the famigerate clip="0" mod, to put widgets in the menu area.

I think I've done anything and read anything on the matter, but can't reach my goal.

I'm using MS 3.0.1 correctly registered and configured, withou any other mod, I only put the clip="0" in the menubar.xml file as specified but it doesn't work.

Please smbdy knows if there is any other mod I must apply to reach this?

Thanks

Nicaragüense

Oct 21, 2008
you need to also edit the dimensions on the lockscreen2.xml file.. the dragrect needs to be made larger since that is the area that contains the widgets. depending on your device the dimensions will be different.. usually you will add 50 to the height for the portrait and 50 to width for landscape, but thats on my device since i use wqvga.. just make sure you edit the values for the proper resolution.

Blue Note

Feb 22, 2009
Hi all, sorry for annoyance,
how to modify the association of contact manager in SpbMS professional layout??

i would like to associate these to the resco contact manager .ink files
without go to "display today" and then click on contacts.
I think i'd need a plugin like that linking SpbMS with Thumbcal......
Tks for an answer

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
thanks mskip.

I currently have MS301WidgetsProPlusExtras_QVGA_061909 installed, which file should i go for the update?

BTW, this latest release of your is freakin' great man...

yo da man mskip!!!
If you want to clear the bottom section so you can put different buttons at the bottom of the screen (in the menu bar) then you will need to uninstall Extras and install Ultimate_062309.

If you dont need to change your bottom buttons and just want to put spb menu links on the main screen then you can install the update cab which will put the links in the spb menu screen for you to add as applications.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to setup ms3 lifestyle panel with the famigerate clip="0" mod, to put widgets in the menu area.

I think I've done anything and read anything on the matter, but can't reach my goal.

I'm using MS 3.0.1 correctly registered and configured, withou any other mod, I only put the clip="0" in the menubar.xml file as specified but it doesn't work.

Please smbdy knows if there is any other mod I must apply to reach this?

Thanks
If you have a QVGA device then just install Widgets Pro Plus Ultimate (from my signature) which has that tweak incorporated and set correctly.

You have to remember if you do it yourself that just editing the screen dimensions isnt good enough because the menubar at the bottom of the screen is an Overlay, meaning it lays on top of the main screen and even if you manage to do the clip tweak correctly anything you place at the bottom wont be selectable because the existing menubar buttons will always be on top. Thats why in Pro Plus Ultimate I deleted all the menu buttons so they didnt take priority over the space.

If you want a hasstle free existence then install Ultimate :D

If you have a VGA/WVGA device then I will be releasing Pro Plus Ultimate for your device hopefully tonight or tomorrow as long as my internet doesnt crap out first lol (stupid cheap dongle).

Mark :D

f0ster52

Jul 16, 2008
If you have a VGA/WVGA device then I will be releasing Pro Plus Ultimate for your device hopefully tonight or tomorrow as long as my internet doesnt crap out first lol (stupid cheap dongle).

Mark :D

Great news mskip, I indeed have a Diamond, so VGA, looking forward for your work, It'll be much appreciated.

Note: If smbdy want to update the first two posts, they should mark out this thing, now they only say that is sufficient to add the "clip" value.

baldoski

Mar 13, 2009
Manila
If you want to clear the bottom section so you can put different buttons at the bottom of the screen (in the menu bar) then you will need to uninstall Extras and install Ultimate_062309.

If you dont need to change your bottom buttons and just want to put spb menu links on the main screen then you can install the update cab which will put the links in the spb menu screen for you to add as applications.

Thanks.

Will install the update... fiddle... and try the Ultimate afterwards.

then will decide which one to keep. or can i have it both at the same time!! lol. greedy me!!!

thanks again.. been up late a couple nights playing your widgets.

and now i have more to play with.. haha, life is good....

ali1010

Nov 25, 2008
Hi!
Can anyone help me how to change these spb menu category icons?

thank you.

Attachments

• Screen006.jpg
    Screen006.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 142

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.