2-13-13 MA5 updated/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

Search This thread

tgamer

Dec 30, 2008
You are the man thank you!!! I don't even care about group messaging lol!!

On CleanRom

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
worked on jellybomb 5.1 after figuring out how to get to system apps. did it on accident i think!! lol but works ..thanks

edit::::: scratch that couldn't get to stick. trying again tomorrow.

Did u use estrong file exolorer and enabled mount file system aswell?
I put up link to flashable zip so let me know if that helped

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Cyclonut

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando, FL
If I'm stock rooted, do I need to delete the odex file and apk before I flash or will it take care of that? TIA!

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II.

a454nova

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
If I'm stock rooted, do I need to delete the odex file and apk before I flash or will it take care of that? TIA!

I would delete the odex first and then flash zip or copy in the new apk over the old. Don't forget to wipe the dalvik cache. This process will save your messages.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Cyclonut

Cyclonut

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando, FL
I would delete the odex first and then flash zip or copy in the new apk over the old. Don't forget to wipe the dalvik cache. This process will save your messages.

Worked perfectly thank you so much!!

I've been wanting this mod since I received the first text message on this phone and the screen lit up !!

a454nova

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2008
Aurora, CO
www.a454nova.com
Yep, I use the flip case and my habit is to push the button before I open it. But if there's a message, its already on... dumb this wasn't there to start.

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Sorry was busy but tomorrow after work I should have a new modded sms up, if u guys have any questions dont hesitate to ask

Last edited:

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Hey guys been bussy but will upload a new build up after work, thanks for your patience
New build up everything seems working even groupmessaging
Hope u guys like

Last edited:
Reactions: ElJimmy and KB112

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Just use GroupMe if thats the case. iPhone group messaging will only work with guess what? iPhone :)

lbxmobbin,Great work!

Thanks
Am gonna start to make my own ROM so hopefully it will be good lol and any ideas you guys make have for mods or themes or styles let me know ill keep my ear open

Reactions: steezc

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Let me know. I'll release a purple-green theme soon :)

Thanks will do am just on break at work but im goin to start hopefully as soon as I get home and get ideas ..

I been in the android scene for a while but this will be my first project to make a rom so I know it wont be as great as the other devs with experience but I wanna give it a try and see what it can become..

Sigh :( just got some time to start on my project and get home today after work to find out my laptop CPu fan is dead and now I have to to replace it before I can start. .what a sad day for me when I actually got time today

Last edited:
Reactions: steezc and KB112

soapbox23

May 5, 2011
NJ
Thanks will do am just on break at work but im goin to start hopefully as soon as I get home and get ideas ..

I been in the android scene for a while but this will be my first project to make a rom so I know it wont be as great as the other devs with experience but I wanna give it a try and see what it can become..

Sigh :( just got some time to start on my project and get home today after work to find out my laptop CPu fan is dead and now I have to to replace it before I can start. .what a sad day for me when I actually got time today

Sory to hear about your CPU fan...

I'm running this mod on the T-Mobile GNII and it works great. I'm just wondering if either a) you'd be able to modify the apk to work on lower DPIs (i'm running it at 190dpi right now) or b) explain how to modify the apk to make the screen off

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Sory to hear about your CPU fan...

I'm running this mod on the T-Mobile GNII and it works great. I'm just wondering if either a) you'd be able to modify the apk to work on lower DPIs (i'm running it at 190dpi right now) or b) explain how to modify the apk to make the screen off

Im picking up a new fan after work so ill try tk have it done by tonight for you guys......

Installed new fan so my laptoo is good as new ..Im starting on my project so ill let u guys know when I need some testers but as for now I'm running into some litle hick-ups but ive asked for help already so hopefully I can finish it faster ..and then lets see what it can become. .thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Group message fixed
    New build up 2/13
    Screen off will work automatically you dont have to enable screen off...
    Hit the thanks button if it helps

MA5....
    NewBuild-2-13-13-MA5
    http://db.tt/Wnk8qOVg
    Just flash and enjoy not having annoying screen on....let me know of any issues I may have missed
    BUILD 11/17
    Recovery flashable zip.....
    report if u find any bugs
    http://db.tt/1ldppZnK
    Wipe cache
    Wipe dalvic
    Flash zip and your good to go

The picture is from the old build that had some bugs like group message forclosing ....so their is no option in settings just flash and it will be disabled automatically

Re: 11/17/ link up/Disable SMS screen-On Notification

You are correct it does work however some of the XML features don't work when placed in the ma5 ROM.
    He's got a copy of the ma5 messaging apk and working on it now. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II via Tapatalk 2.

Will have it done by tonight...sorry at work right now but will work on it when I get home

OK I'll get working on the new update

Anyone getting a fc when trying to send a group message?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks I didnt even bother to check group sms lol ill try to put a fix up after work so for now sorry for the wait

Hey guys been bussy but will upload a new build up after work, thanks for your patience
    New build up everything seems working even groupmessaging
    Hope u guys like