Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Yes, and had to reflash full stock

Votes: 21 9.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Tablet UI Update 4

Sorry everyone, been going out too much and had to make up for the lost school work time some how... I haven't read the thread yet but before I do, I shouldn't keep you all waiting any longer for the next tablet ui update. Just compiled it a few minutes ago. Tested and working with the February 16 nightly. Running it right now.

And now, to read the 2 weeks of the thread I've missed. Unfortunately, there's still 1 crucial personal factor effecting the next kernel update. I have no idea when it will come out at this point :( And no, I don't have hectic school work but I still need to make up for the time lost from going out.

Attachments

• services.jar
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • android.policy.jar
    261.8 KB · Views: 67
  • SystemUI.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

eddai

May 15, 2012
Sorry everyone, been going out too much and had to make up for the lost school work time some how... I haven't read the thread yet but before I do, I shouldn't keep you all waiting any longer for the next tablet ui update. Just compiled it a few minutes ago. Tested and working with the February 16 nightly. Running it right now.

And now, to read the 2 weeks of the thread I've missed. Unfortunately, there's still 1 crucial personal factor effecting the next kernel update. I have no idea when it will come out at this point :( And no, I don't have hectic school work but I still need to make up for the time lost from going out.

Everything is normal with CM10.1 3G 16.02.

But i want bigger clock,signal,wi-fi icons etc.,any ideas ?

crazycage

Oct 23, 2007
hi AAcount,

I have a P7500R (GSM) and currently have an older version of CWM as recovery but I hate it and it has bugs.

I want to switch to latest TWRP. Can I just use your twrp2410-3G.zip? Will that work for me? Do I just flash it from CWM recovery to get TWRP?

Sorry if these are noob questions.

Any help is greatly appreciated of course.

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Re: [Kernel/Recovery/MOD][P75XX] A1 Kernel V1.8.4/TWRP2.4.1.0/TabletMode

hi AAcount,

I have a P7500R (GSM) and currently have an older version of CWM as recovery but I hate it and it has bugs.

I want to switch to latest TWRP. Can I just use your twrp2410-3G.zip? Will that work for me? Do I just flash it from CWM recovery to get TWRP?

Sorry if these are noob questions.

Any help is greatly appreciated of course.

Yes, you flash the twrp2410-3g zip from recovery to get a new recovery. I know it sound weird.

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Everything is normal with CM10.1 3G 16.02.

But i want bigger clock,signal,wi-fi icons etc.,any ideas ?

I can't seem to figure out where the clock and wifi signal icon size configurations are stored. I tried searching the res folder for "clock", "tablet", and comparing those files to the CM10 versions. In either case, any mention of the word "clock" appears to be configured the same in CM10 and CM10.1. I'm sure there must be one obvious thing I'm overlooking or skipping over. Any insight would be nice.

In a messier version of the tablet mod, I did get it to work but it was way too messy to keep as a viable solution for the tablet mod. I've tried using ls and grep to find all files modified on that day but still, no insight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: SpinTX

Denfic

Mar 4, 2011
Deadpool City

Oke i am using the Tablet wifi 7510 Rom ... does this work on it ?? And how to install ?? the Jar. files i mean ! What the files do ... if i may ask ??

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
It should work n wifi too. Try my Zip here. Flash it through recovery. Or put the files from AAccount manually into the right folders. A How-To for that is still in this thread, click

rihui

Oct 4, 2009

the 1.8.4 cm 3g kernel breaks the 'data usage' feature in settings in pershoot's jan 22 build of cm10. any idea for a fix? thanks

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Tablet Mode

Here's the next tablet mode update. Should work on the Feb 22 nightly when it comes out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------Edit----------------------------------------------------------------
Looking into the missing data usage feature. Testing on the Feb 22 nightly I made at 10:56pm yesterday.

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • services.jar
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • android.policy.jar
    261.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Sep 21, 2010
feature request pls...
ext3-4 support
ad-hoc support
and ntfs doesn't mount automaticly in cm10 and4.1 gtp7500
i'v should use paragon mounter to do this
thank's

coalee

Aug 23, 2010
Palmerston North

Ok here we go. Try it out.

It also work with 24th nightly too... Cheers

Edit: i cannot make any backup in twrp. It said "updating partition details" and done nothing even I leave it on un-touch for one hour. Then i force reboot my tab and check out twrp directory in internal memory and found out that it was empty. Has one succeed on backup in latest twrp (2.4.1)?
Cheers

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

CNPalmer

Aug 17, 2010
TWRP update?

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but I don't see an updated TWRP for 2.4.2. Are there plans to recompile the recovery to the newest build and update the OP with it?

Thank you in advance. :good:

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Ext3/4 support is already there. Otherwise, the system, data, cache partition wouldn't be able to mount at boot. If you're trying to mount an ext4 formatted hard drive, I think you might have to use the terminal. I can't verify this as I do have a 2TB external hard drive but no usb adapter. NTFS doesn't work? Does it work from the terminal? I think ad hoc is a Cyanognemod thing and not a kernel thing.

I made a backup on Feb 23rd with EFS and compression turned on. It worked.

Yes, I have tried doing TWRP 2.4.2.0 but I ran into an issue. The recovery image produced is too big to fit on the partition. I'll look into removing unnecessary files like the splash screen or the super user auto injector. (Do a google search for the zip.) That will happen at some point.

As for the kernel updates, I know I've been dragging out the update for a while. There are really only 2 small minor updates that need to be done: incorporate touch screen death fix, data usage fix. The first fix shouldn't be a problem for most people since I doubt many people do grep searches in the /sys folder. Please be aware I haven't forgotten about it but this comes down to certain *personal factors*.

And lastly, the tablet UI update is here.

Attachments

• android.policy.jar
    262 KB · Views: 15
  • services.jar
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • SystemUI.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: hanspampel

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Initial TWRP 2.4.3.0 for Wifi

After a bit of tinkering, I managed to get TWRP 2.4.3.0 on the wifi only tablet (since mine is wifi only, that's what I started working with first).

Tested and working:
  • Flash my kernel
  • Flash rom update zip
  • Use TWRP file manager to erase old CM zip
  • Screen timeout (give E:A: Render request failed error but seems to be harmless)

I had to take a few steps to shrink down the size:
  • Replace curtain.jpg with dummy file
  • Replace twrp lock with dummy file
  • Replace superuser.apk and su with dummy files
  • Remove curtainraise, and related functions from gui.cpp
  • Remove curtain functions from action.cpp
  • Disable exfat

Because of these more "severe" steps required to work the new version of TWRP, I am putting up an img file instead. This is so that if you aren't comfortable with dd flashing, you shouldn't be trying this since if the recovery isn't working well, you might need to dd flash an older version. And of course, sources are up with my changes too. Maybe somebody else with more free time can come up with some suggestions? The BoardConfigCommon.mk has some new variables specifically for TWRP2.4.3.0 so check that out too if you're interested in my tinkering.

One last thing to note: the exact size of the recovery partition is 5242880 bytes.

Attachments

• twrp2430-wifi.img
    4.8 MB · Views: 12
  • twrp2430-sources.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

coalee

Aug 23, 2010
Palmerston North
AAccount, Thanks for your effort to support the old TAB1. However, could you please give some guide what is the full dd command I should run to flash this img file? Also, have you try make a rom backup within this TWRP? The last version(2.4.1) didn't work for me (struck with "updating partitions"). When the TAB start and loading TWRP it took almost 45 sec to load into the menu screen, is this normal?
Cheers.. :fingers-crossed:

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010

AAccount, Thanks for your effort to support the old TAB1. However, could you please give some guide what is the full dd command I should run to flash this img file? Also, have you try make a rom backup within this TWRP? The last version(2.4.1) didn't work for me (struck with "updating partitions"). When the TAB start and loading TWRP it took almost 45 sec to load into the menu screen, is this normal?
Cheers.. :fingers-crossed:

dd if=twrp2430.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2

I've found the time to boot twrp varies depending on if it's done from the reboot menu or adb reboot recovery. I've never actually timed it but it can feel like it takes a while sometimes. I'm keeping my tab1 for a while so I'll try and make twrp if it doesn't get too ugly.

Reactions: coalee

coalee

Aug 23, 2010
Palmerston North
dd if=twrp2430.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2

I've found the time to boot twrp varies depending on if it's done from the reboot menu or adb reboot recovery. I've never actually timed it but it can feel like it takes a while sometimes. I'm keeping my tab1 for a while so I'll try and make twrp if it doesn't get too ugly.

According to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28051448 MapleSyrup has modified source of bootable/recovery/gui/gui.cpp to get the curtain effect for the bootscreen loading faster. Please take a look at post # 31 and 33.
Hope this might help reduce loading time.
Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :good: First of all :good: Thank you for your patronage!!! :D:cowboy::laugh::victory:

Before you do anything: This is purely at your own risk and I will not be responsible for anything that happens to your tablet. I flashed it on mine at my own risk.

Compatibility Information: There are 2 different versions. 1 for stock and 1 for Cyanogenmod. Even though the kernels are intended for the 3G tablet it will work just fine on a WiFi only tablet (like mine). This makes the build process less messy.

**Sources Fully documented v1.9 beginner friendly sources now available including the build script. If more explanations are required, please say so. However, remember that the explanations are not intended to be a blind step by step instructions of going from samsung source to A1.

TWRP V2.6.0.0: Please read: do not worry about any kind of "E:A: Render Error". This is a side effect of removing some image files to save place on the recovery image so it will fit on the 5MB. The error simply means it failed to show (render) and image file that it is looking for. This is not harmful at all. If you can't flash the recovery please try the dd method.

TWRP V2.6.3.0: There are no more E:A Render errors. All graphics that were removed are there. Also, the recovery will install supersu if no root is detected. That feature has also been restored. The kernel has been stripped of anything not recovery related to shrink it down. It also has selinux support which allows the "set_metadata" zip installation to work. The download is in the attachments below.

Changelog:
    Changelog:
    • Voodoo sound <-- new to version 1.0
    • USB charging enabled as well as charging from other chargers *** fixed V1.5.4 thanks to pershoot
    • Overclock to 1.2GHz <-- new to version 1.2
    • NTFS modules enabled, ondemand default frequency scaler, noop default disk io scheduler <-- new to version 1.2.1
    • GPU overclock from 333MHz to 400MHz. <-- new to version 1.3
    • Overclock to 1.4GHz <--new to version 1.4
    • Support for Current Widget <-- new to version 1.5
    • CIFS enabled in kernel config, 1.4GHz attempted stability fix (thanks to jaswinky) <--new to version 1.5.2
    • Wifi driver compiled as module <--new to V1.5.3
    • More voltage anomalies fixed, updated battery driver to pershoot's 3.1 <-- new to V1.5.4 and V1.5.5XE
    • Fixed charging boot bug <--new to V1.5.6SE
    • (In case you were wondering 1.5.7 had an issue in it.)
    • Disabled frequency lock, added 1GHz default max (you can change it to 1.2GHz or 1.4GHz after boot), 216MHz default min CazeW's suggestion <--new to 1.5.8SE+XE
    • Enabled pershoot build/vfp optimization commit, added 150MHz minimum frequency <-- new to 1.5.9SE+XE
    • Boot script support (put yours as /data/local/a1init.sh) <-- new to V2.0
    • Smarter ram disk that only initializes 3G on 3G tablets<-- new to V2.1
    • 1.5GHz && 1.6GHz OC available, cifs utf8 kernel module available <-- new to V2.2
    • Support for CM9 <-- new to V2.2CM
    • Enabled xbox controller module as xpad.ko <--new to V2.2.1
    • NTFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, CIFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, enabled option.ko and usb_wwan.ko for connection of 3G dongle, all nls charsets/codepages built as modules <--new to V2.2.2
    • V1.6.3 is pretty much V2.2.2 but without my custom ram disk. I've also tried a boot script method proposed by Toldo but haven't had time to test it yet. Please flash the CM9 stock kernel or Samsung stock kernel before trying V1.6.3.
    • Applied git patch to disable mmc_cap_erase <-- new to V1.6.4
    • Voltage control, cifs built in again <-- new to V1.7
    • Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific fix <--new to V1.7.1
    • Cyanogenmod charging mode fix <--new to V1.7.2
    • Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific feature <--new to V1.7.3
    • CM10 compatibility fix, enabled Samsung's powersaving governor <--new to V1.7.4
    • followed pershoot's "-defconfig: jb: unset TEGRA_CONVSERVATIVE_GOV_ON_EARLYSUPSEND" change to fix odd 450MHz capping issue <--new to V1.7.4b
    • Copied in pershoot's keyboard dock driver <--new to V1.7.5
    • 801MB RAM enabled <-- new to V1.8
    • Rebased on pershoot's November 17 source <--new to V1.8.1
    • Back to samsung base, follow pershoot's suggestion of Nexus7 mtp drivers to fix mtp, enabled zRam <--new to V1.8.2
    • Reduced RAM to 785MB to prevent intense 3D games issue, enabled KSM (check in settings --> performance --> memory management)
    • (CM Version only) works on CM10.1 <--new to V1.8.4
    • Incorporated touchscreen death fix. Thank the user who reported it. <-- new to V1.8.5
    • Used part of pershoot's kernel config to get data usage working in CM <--new to V1.8.6
    • Added CM's version of the ROW (read over write) disk IO scheduler for GT-I9300<-- new to V1.8.7
    • Added XDA's grzwolf's solution to the hsic wakeclock problem <--new to V1.8.8
    • Added frandom kernel module <-- new to V1.9
    Credits:
    Supercurio: voodoo sound
    Pershoot: voodoo port, usb charging, flashable zip, OC template, current widget setup
    XDA forum's CazeW: used your replace suggestions to patch up wm8994_voodoo.c and wm8994_voodoo.h so it will compile properly, and finding the missing link for 1.4GHz OC, and disabling frequency locks
    Task650: providing a nice, clean deodexed rom for me to try this on
    XDA forum's RaymanFx: OC instructions
    Me: GPU OC
    XDA forum's jaswinky for valuable hints and checking my work over.
    Xoom ICS kernel: for getting an approximate idea of voltages
    (If I missed any credits, please forgive me as this is my first attempt at any kind of development)
    XDA forum's motley for voltage control
    XDA forum's Unknownzd for mmc_cap_erase patch
    XDA's grzwolf for the hsic wakelock fix
    Very Good News

So it looks like CM10.2 is actually alive and in testing on my tablet. Big thank you to user epinter for helping me with the graphics issue. I will play with CM10.2 to see how it is. First 10 seconds impression: buttery smooth, wifi works, bluetooth works, sound works, A1 kernel with SELinux firing on all cylinders! Unfortunately it has the 2 bar UI... time to search for that post on how to make tabletui.

Please donate to epinter for CM10.2. He gets the credit for making it work. I just did some minor tweaking to the fstab and audio flinger.

Gotta go to bed. Just check out the screenshot zips to see it working. I have no time adjust the sizes for xda.

THE ZIP IS THE SCREENSHOTS, NOT THE ROM. I will post the rom later this week after testing.
    Honeycomb Tablet Mode Partial Fix

Hey everyone,

I managed to figure out how to get the classic honeycomb tablet mode to work in CM10.1 (mostly). You know, the one where you get 1 status bar for the soft buttons and tray. Simply move the jars to /system/framework and the apk to /system/app. Do this with any root explorer or the terminal.

I tried to make a flashable zip, but I managed to screw the permissions in the process and accidentally pull the plug on my computer, corrupting its data partition. I did setup my Linux install to have a system (/) and data partition (/home) like android.

The only down side is that you can't customize the power widget but, on the upside, the UI seems noticeably less laggy than the stock CM10.1 UI with the 2 bars. Why??? Who knows. I think this benefit more than justifies the small annoyance of unchangeable toggles.

Here are the instructions I followed: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28957307&postcount=1, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36319776&postcount=974.

Last gotcha, it's for wifi only since that's what I have and I don't really want to wait for my computer to compile a whole other rom for the 3G version. (Have mercy on the Core2 mobile).
    Great to see someone else kernel developing, could be the start of something here... Lol, I wanna give this a try but I think It'll stop 3G working if I flash the 7510 kernel.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Care to try the 3G version I just uploaded? I don't own the 3G version but I followed the same idea for compiling the 3G kernel.
    Please do not advertise your roms in my kernel thread. This thread is mainly for bug reports and feature requests. Thank you for your understanding. (I did not advertise my A1 in pershoot's kernel thread saying "hey you want some of these features on stock rom, try my kernel". ) I will fix V2.0 to use a 3G ramdisk so 3G tablets will be able to use boot scripts later today.