Kk 4.4.2 uk 20b bugs

Search This thread

redhk886

Nov 15, 2011
Updated yesterday,found a few bugs already.hopefully,someone can help resolve.

1) screen keeps flashing when keyboard is active.
SOLVED : changed keyboard theme and problem is gone.maybe a bug in default theme.

2) music playback skips / jerks for a split second,not all the time,just every once in a while.i am using jetaudio.this never happened on stock 4.2.2

3)touch screen not as responsive.sometimes have to touch a few times.was working perfectly on 4.2.2. There is an app to fine tune screen which i used for my old galaxy tab,cant remember what it was called.

4)battery drain still a big problem.i had same problem with 4.2.2 maybe i have a dodgy pad.anyone notice an improvement in the battery on 4.4.2

Thats all i found so far,pls post if anyone finds anymore.
Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Updated yesterday,found a few bugs already.hopefully,someone can help resolve.

1) screen keeps flashing when keyboard is active.
SOLVED : changed keyboard theme and problem is gone.maybe a bug in default theme.

2) music playback skips / jerks for a split second,not all the time,just every once in a while.i am using jetaudio.this never happened on stock 4.2.2

3)touch screen not as responsive.sometimes have to touch a few times.was working perfectly on 4.2.2. There is an app to fine tune screen which i used for my old galaxy tab,cant remember what it was called.

4)battery drain still a big problem.i had same problem with 4.2.2 maybe i have a dodgy pad.anyone notice an improvement in the battery on 4.4.2

Thats all i found so far,pls post if anyone finds anymore.

What kind of battery drain?

redhk886

Nov 15, 2011
10% in under 20 mins,just internet and music.all background stuff off,sync,location,update,notifications.

ukzen

Oct 12, 2008
10% in under 20 mins,just internet and music.all background stuff off,sync,location,update,notifications.

Same here ,updated last night.
I had the screen flash but only when keyboard was used in conjunction with internet,using memo pad for instance it did not flash.
I use Poweramp and music is jumpy and has the static hissing noise that others with a Lg G2 have experienced,funnily enough not so bad with default music player,so could be a compatibility issue with Kitkat.
Touch screen ok for sensitivity ,but i have had a few crackles of static occasionally when touching the screen after a break ,watching a video for instance.
Battery drain is the same as yours ,but was with Jellybean also.
All in all don't know why i bothered so far no pluses at all just drawbacks

redhk886

Nov 15, 2011
It is much more snappier,feels more smoother.will try another music player.might also try dyn kernel ,if compatible.

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I did some testing with the leaked 018a KitKat I am using.

First of all, I experienced no static or sound issues such as the LG G2 headphone bug (BTW, the G2 ROM in my sig has no such issue). I also have PowerAmp, and checked with both loudspeakers and my G2 stock headphones.

I also checked the video, using a 1080p copy of Avatar played on BS Player Free (better than MX or others IMHO). I watched a half hour, with headphones, and saw not one single glitch, and about 5-6% battery drain (screen at 45% brightness BTW). Although no other program was running, things such as email sync and others were left running normally.

redhk886

Nov 15, 2011
I was just browsing xda thru app and music skipped again,but looks like its the pad thats freezing and not the music player. Because i was scrolling thru a thread and it froze for like a second and music stopped,when it came back,i was half way down the thread.

redhk886

Nov 15, 2011
i don't think so.dyn kernel good for battery life but,not sure it works for stock 4.4.2 .i actually did a factory reset earlier,and not experiencing random freezes.touch sensitivity and battery drain still exists.

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I was getting about 7.5 to 8 hours of screen on time with new kk.
Before in 4.2.2 was getting about 6 to 6.5. The difference is substantial. Lag is gone too

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

redhk886

Nov 15, 2011
After the factory reset the music /pad freeze seems to have gone.now video playback with mx player has that problem,was not a problem on 4,2,2. Is there a way to wipe cache,wipe dalvik before reset,like on custom recovery ? Also.i noticed the update centre app (brown box with android popping out ) is always auto updating,even though i disabled it,it just keeps showing up.maybe this is what is draining my battery.