[STICKY] Feature Requests and Bugs List - READ RULES - No direct posts here.

Search This thread

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
I have* an idea for your application.*
I use it to listen to lectures and at times I need to note down something from the lecture. On Windows pc I use media player classic and take screen shots which are time stamped and naked after the playing file for quick reference at later time. Then I uses paint and using resize tool add some white space to pics and my comments on the pic. When I m drove with all I convert it to pdf and at later time I can do necessary commenting on it. So I have a digital notepad.*

I don't think it's impossible to add screen shot feature to this application (which automatically makes files as per above mentioned naming convention)* AND* integrate it with little ms paint sort of utility where one could quickly with a tap of button switch to and comments annotations etc to image.. And switch from paint back to media player to resume lecture watching.

Please if you can consider it.*

I haven't found this neat feature in any application.* This will be great lecture taking app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This is far outside the scope of a video player. Use Android's native screenshot feature + an external image editor. Building in an image editor is far removed from MX's function.

i suggest add frame limiter and quality changer of video ;)
to lag fix in hw , hw+ & sw in most devices ;)
enjoy more smoothness in playback ;)
even the best player for smooth playback :)
"Use speedup tricks" is meant to do just that; limit frames and drop if needed. If the device is under-powered, it is under-powered. Reencode the video with something like Handbrake to a lower bitrate.

[Bug?] Interface doesn't auto-hide when playback paused:
http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/bug-interface-doesnt-auto-hide-playback-t3504885
Thanks for your support.
Good find! This is added to the list.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
hard to handle high end videos 2981p even speedup tricks is enable:angel:

It's because of hardware limitations. It can't drop all the frames. In order to maintain the video content it needs to maintain the Optimum framerate.....:)

I am not sure what's the algorithm used to decide how much of frame needs to be dropped. Basically when audio & video goes out of sync beyond some level it needs to be drooped.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs

rony raj

May 1, 2016
N0WH3R3 1N S9A)E
It's because of hardware limitations. It can't drop all the frames. In order to maintain the video content it needs to maintain the Optimum framerate.....:)

I am not sure what's the algorithm used to decide how much of frame needs to be dropped. Basically when audio & video goes out of sync beyond some level it needs to be drooped.

i need it auto drop frames to speed up video with audio with perfect sync
60fps videos

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
[Bug?] Interface doesn't auto-hide when playback paused:
http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/bug-interface-doesnt-auto-hide-playback-t3504885
Thanks for your support.

Good find! This is added to the list.

It's looks like i intended behavior. In pause condition it will show the interface by default. The timeout is basically used to auto hide the UI elements when the video is running.

If you want to pause without interface either you may have to set touch action as either Show/Hide Interface or Pause/Resume. In Option 1, you can hide the UI by touching again after the pause. In Option 2, a small pause button will be displayed on the top left corner. Just tapping on Top/bottom edges will bring UI & tapping on the center will Play/Pause.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

i need it auto drop frames to speed up video with audio with perfect sync
60fps videos

It may not be possible all the time. For example, If your device can decode only 15 frames per second and you are playing a video of 60fps, it has to drop 45frames per second along with it's audio content. It will simply spoil the entire video playback & it's audio too.

Moreover HW+ decoder works completely different method. If feeds the audio & video frames individually to system decoders using seperate batch of buffers. So, it may not be possible to predetermine the frames to be dropped.

Same way SW decoder uses CPU. Depends upon the CPU speed & current CPU load number of frames decoded may vary. So, frame rate & frames to be dropped can't be predetermined. Only way is periodically drop the frames when it goes out of sync.

Ps24u

May 21, 2016
It's looks like i intended behavior. In pause condition it will show the interface by default. The timeout is basically used to auto hide the UI elements when the video is running.

If you want to pause without interface either you may have to set touch action as either Show/Hide Interface or Pause/Resume. In Option 1, you can hide the UI by touching again after the pause. In Option 2, a small pause button will be displayed on the top left corner. Just tapping on Top/bottom edges will bring UI & tapping on the center will Play/Pause.
Thanks for your input ktsamy. I had already tried all modes and "Show interface + pause/resume" is by far the most convenient to me. I use A-B repeat a lot and this makes it ideal.
I understand the logic, that timeout is used to auto-hide when video is running.
Would you consider, then, a way to hide the interface manually when the video is paused? (a derived idea to what you describe at Option2), here's my thinking:
[With "Show interface + pause/resume"]
Current behavior: when video is paused, touching the center of the screen -> playback is resumed + interface auto-hides again., all good.
I suggest to add the following behavior too:
When video is paused, touching the top-center part of the interface would hide the interface manually. (currently touching the top part of interface is unused/does nothing, so I think it could work).
In this way we have the best of both worlds: "Show interface + pause/resume" setting + a way to manually hide interface in paused mode when needed.
Then, from this state (video paused + interface hidden), touching the screen would just resume playback.
And after that, touching the screen again would give us back the current behavior (video paused + interface displayed.
In other words, unless the user touches the top-center border to hide the interface manually, the current behavior is maintainted entirely).
Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Thanks for your input ktsamy. I had already tried all modes and "Show interface + pause/resume" is by far the most convenient to me. I use A-B repeat a lot and this makes it ideal.
I understand the logic, that timeout is used to auto-hide when video is running.
Would you consider, then, a way to hide the interface manually when the video is paused? (a derived idea to what you describe at Option2), here's my thinking:
[With "Show interface + pause/resume"]
Current behavior: when video is paused, touching the center of the screen -> playback is resumed + interface auto-hides again., all good.
I suggest to add the following behavior too:
When video is paused, touching the top-center part of the interface would hide the interface manually. (currently touching the top part of interface is unused/does nothing, so I think it could work).
In this way we have the best of both worlds: "Show interface + pause/resume" setting + a way to manually hide interface in paused mode when needed.
Then, from this state (video paused + interface hidden), touching the screen would just resume playback.
And after that, touching the screen again would give us back the current behavior (video paused + interface displayed.
In other words, unless the user touches the top-center border to hide the interface manually, the current behavior is maintainted entirely).
Please let me know what you think.

It may not be possible in portrait mode since there is no space. Anyway I will discuss with the develooer about other possibilities...:cool:

Ps24u

May 21, 2016
Thanks for considering.
I tried in portrait mode on my tiny Z5C and I find there is enough space, between the top-left "back" button and the HW+/HW/SW selector, to touch the top-center interface without trouble.

Top Liked Posts