Search This thread

explodingboy70

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
I wonder how this works out since the work being derived is GPL-licensed. My impression was any GPL-derived work must also be licensed under the GPL, and as such any source code used to build said work must also be released freely to the public. (On another note, this means that while I have no problem donating to TW to use some of their donation-only ROMs and kernels, I don't think it's allowable under the GPL to not release the source code - or at least, someone could leak donator-only ROMs and kernels knowing the GPL specifically allows this to happen.)

Is this not the case? I feel like with the events of the past 48 hours and both Eugene and TeamWhiskey releasing fully working 2.2 ROMs, this little tidbit is being neglected. Furthermore, if the complete GPL-licensed leaked source code was released publically for all developers to use, I feel like such animosity that we've seen lately between developers would be mitigated.

I think the main point you're missing is that it hasn't been released publicly. I think the last line of the Op states that when it is released publicly publicly Tw will also release the source code.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

moonfire711

Oct 11, 2010
I've read all 500+ posts today. This thread is going to be a monster.
Loving this black hole called Obsidian. It's just sucking us all in.

blackoakx22

Sep 10, 2010
Another bug I noticed when I open my gallery It will open then say loading image rhen one it loads the images it will go black the show the thumbnails of my pics and keep repeating the process. Can someone pkease verify that they are having the same problem please.

Dragoth12

Sep 20, 2010
Orem, UT
I have a nandroid backup of stock 2.1.

Now that Ive been Froyo-ed, can I restore that 2.1 backup if I need to without any additional steps?

Thanks

Reasonable question. I soft bricked my phone earlier today because I didn't ask/research it. In order for you to flash successfully you will need to flash a rom that has a kernel baked into it already. Grab any rom you want (that has a kernel bundled with it) as long as it is 2.1 and flash it over the top. Once you are booted, go ahead and use your nandroid to get you back the way you were.

Nandroid backups do not include a kernel, so you would be replacing your ROM with a 2.1 ROM and leaving a 2.2 kernel. Not a good combo.

craig2000000

Nov 3, 2009
Reasonable question. I soft bricked my phone earlier today because I didn't ask/research it. In order for you to flash successfully you will need to flash a rom that has a kernel baked into it already. Grab any rom you want (that has a kernel bundled with it) as long as it is 2.1 and flash it over the top. Once you are booted, go ahead and use your nandroid to get you back the way you were.

Nandroid backups do not include a kernel, so you would be replacing your ROM with a 2.1 ROM and leaving a 2.2 kernel. Not a good combo.

Thanks for all the quick replies. I read all 52 pages of this thread and saw conflicting posts about what happens. Thanks dragoth12 for clearing it up, as I was hoping someone here had some first hand experience with this issues.

Thanks

Apexsilverevo

Sep 2, 2010
Victorville
Just for my own clarification, I am stock with Ryanz lag fix.... Do I still have to undo it? It said I can just flash over it, but flash the lag undo or the rom?

Also, I just made a nandroid backup, should it be saved anywhere special so it doesn't get overwritten?

Will flashing this ROM erase all my media/contacts/apps?

Thanks for all the help!!!!

offdutyninja808

Jul 19, 2010
Augusta
It won't soft brick your screens just gonna be rotated 90 degrees

The first time I went from 2.2 back to 2.1 I forgot to reflash a 2.1 kernel. When it rebooted it wouldn't boot past the vibrant boot up.

But hey, anything can happen. I have screwed myself plenty of times and reading these forums were my saving grace!

shabgard

Aug 20, 2010
Thank you for all you do, juat a quick question any chance we gonna have thia with OC kernel soon?

offdutyninja808

Jul 19, 2010
Augusta
Just for my own clarification, I am stock with Ryanz lag fix.... Do I still have to undo it? It said I can just flash over it, but flash the lag undo or the rom?

Also, I just made a nandroid backup, should it be saved anywhere special so it doesn't get overwritten?

Will flashing this ROM erase all my media/contacts/apps?

Thanks for all the help!!!!

You can flash right over this. No big deal. Your nan wont get wiped if you flash this. Your contacts/apps will on the other hand. The easiest way for contacts is to just make sure you save them to your google account. Just re-add your google account after flashing and that takes care of your contacts.

As far as apps, I would just do a titanium backup. Then simply restore your apps after flashing.

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006
logmein Rescue

Hmm, I just ran across this while using my google search-fu. Sounds like it may be causing the FC's I see some people posting about regarding LogmeIn. http://recombu.com/news/app-friday-logmein-rescue-the-future-of-mobile-customer-service_M11456.html

If it's the same thing, it is basically an app that allows remote access to your device, mainly used for technical support and the like.

Yea ..This is something I removed. Im not Comfortable with...
"LogMeIn's remote desktop access software (Rescue) by allowing an operator to access your phone and control it." I don't anyone on my phone controlling it. Im my own control freak ..LOL.. going, going...gone
Yo yea TeamWhiskey Thanks !
Oh come on eugene373 we love your ROM baking.

Apexsilverevo

Sep 2, 2010
Victorville
You can flash right over this. No big deal. Your nan wont get wiped if you flash this. Your contacts/apps will on the other hand. The easiest way for contacts is to just make sure you save them to your google account. Just re-add your google account after flashing and that takes care of your contacts.

As far as apps, I would just do a titanium backup. Then simply restore your apps after flashing.

Thank you for the quick help! What was the answer on my media (Songs,custome ringtones etc)? Thanks a ton again!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg
    All of Team Whiskeys roms perform a full system wipe​

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

Beta 3 is the most stable build yet. Technically, it should be out of beta, but I still have a couple more modifications to throw in. You won't have any problems with this build. PLEASE run this rom as is and report bugs. DO NOT flash this and then flash other kernels or modifications and then post bugs because we'll have no idea if its the rom or the other kernels or mods you've installed causing the problem.

Nero Beta 3:
    - Updated Market
    - Updated VoiceSearch
    - Fixed blurry mms issue
    - Mounting issue fixed (hopefully)
    - Added multiple lock screens and Power menu options (HUGE thanks to Jocelyn for her contribution!)
    - New shutdown sound
    - New livewallpaper
    - New status icons
    - init script edits for a little extra speed (still tweaking to get it just right)
    - Framework edits

Please check out our forum for tons of extras, and don't forget to visit us in our IRC for any help you may need, we're happy to assist.

Nero Beta 2:
    - Full JL1 base with our modifications of course
    - Heavily modified to look and feel like the nexus s (gingerbread)
    - Fixed the black text on black submenu issue. its not white text on black as it should be.
    - Modified init scripts for added speed
    - Updated Maps
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated YouTube
    - Additional Framework edits
    - New Bootanimation

Download:
    Nero Beta 3
    me too #nohomo
    I replaced the background of the stock Nexus LWP to the background of the gingerbread Nexus LWP made by the3dman. It completes the gingerbread look :cool: Clockwork flashable zip included.

nexus.jpgsnap20101210004741.jpg
    Thanks for the tip. But are you sure resetting the battery stats after flashing a new ROM won't mess up the battery life in any manner? Wanna be sure about this before I start doing this.

when you flash a new rom, it alters the current battery reading, in other
    words, it doesn't read it correctly. that's why you have to reset battery
    stats to have a correct info through the rom.. resetting the stats doesn't
    ruin your battery's life. it simply corrects the reading. Thus reconditioning
    your battery brings more life to your battery and is healthy to do twice in
    a month...

here's how to correctly recondition/reset your battery stats:

1. make sure you drain the battery completely to the point when it shutdowns
    by itself.
    2. charge it without turning it on for about 4-6 hours.
    3. after you've done that, go to cw by the key combinations (leaving the connection plugged in)
    4. reinstall packages, go to advance, reset battery stats,
    5. reboot
    6. wait for it to finish scanning media then unplug.
    7. reboot one more time.

p.s. cheers to TW for this lightning fast rom :)
    sorry to bother you guys. can anyone please help with a functional link for downloading stock T959UVJFD.. need to odin it before upgrading to nero beta 2. all the links on xda so far are broken and been unsuccessful trying to download.

here you go my friend:
    http://www.multiupload.com/IFSJECTS3L

full odin package, comes with pit and ODin ;)
    T959UVJFD