[ROM-DEV] 04/16/10 | Back from the dead | Coming soon

Search This thread

tvrvic

May 17, 2007
anybody else notice these messages while debugging :

<6>[ 152.034210] pmem: requested data from file descriptor that doesn't exist.<
3>mpd_ppp: could not retrieve src image from memory

I think this is inside the boot.img file some way.

Edit: should be inside the boot.img file...

Last edited:

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
sensors, compass keeps spazzing and crashing even though ive yet to even launch an app to use it. g sensors. i havent been testing things like headphones or and stuff. so feel free to. still tryin to get this damn data worked out. i think we are in need of a radio maybe and for the love of god we need a proper kernel!!!!!!!

So I'm working on fresh rom 0.7 for the time being but I stumbled across something for you or anyone else to look in to if you want to try it:

From 1.5:
Code:
# compass/accelerometer daemon
service akm8973 /system/bin/akm8973

And from 2.0:
Code:
service akmd /system/bin/akmd

You can either edit the boot.img/ramdisk/init.heroc (that's where I found it) or take the easier way out which should also work (if it's going to even work) and just delete /system/bin/akmd from the phone, copy over akm8973 from 1.5 and create a symlink that points to it from akmd.

chuckhriczko

Inactive Recognized Developer
So I'm working on fresh rom 0.7 for the time being but I stumbled across something for you or anyone else to look in to if you want to try it:

From 1.5:
Code:

And from 2.0:
Code:

You can either edit the boot.img/ramdisk/init.heroc (that's where I found it) or take the easier way out which should also work (if it's going to even work) and just delete /system/bin/akmd from the phone, copy over akm8973 from 1.5 and create a symlink that points to it from akmd.

I tried this. Basically I renamed the akmd file to akmd-old and copied the akm8973 file and renamed it to akmd. Phone booted up but when setup loaded it gave me a com.process.phone force close and when it got to the homescreen it completely locked up. It may have been another change I made but I don't know.

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
My IQ raises slightly everytime I visit this thread. I am still new to the droid scene and reading my old Linux stuff from college. PLEASE IF YOU GUYS NEED ANYTHING FROM ME LET ME KNOW! I am not above bricking my phone. I have insurance, worse case scenario is I go run it over with my car and send in the pieces and a Fifty dollar check.

In the mean time, I will be hacking into HTC to get the rom :D

EDIT:
Not sure if the Civic will do much damage....

Last edited:

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL

From 1.5:
Code:

And from 2.0:
Code:

I'm gonna try to manually put it in. The strange thing is... that when I'm trying to compile the .29 kernel akm8973 causes me issues. I wonder... lots of work tonight for sure. I'm gonna stab every module into this thin and see what happens. Fun fun

chuckhriczko

Inactive Recognized Developer
I'm gonna try to manually put it in. The strange thing is... that when I'm trying to compile the .29 kernel akm8973 causes me issues. I wonder... lots of work tonight for sure. I'm gonna stab every module into this thin and see what happens. Fun fun

Makes you think that has something big to do with it. Good find.

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
The issues I had with frying loxdevs 2.6.29-hero kernel to compile. Is that when I would do the whole unzip deal to get the modules from our build it would miss a few. So I would pull them manually. But then it would say akmd(which I renamed to akmd) was out of date. Therefor it would try to rebuild it using another akmd and mine a@ templates. And ofcourse fail. I believe that's our issue with a few things. It's using modules ment for a gsm hero. Maybe swapping and renaming them will work. But if that were the case then doing the same to the gsm build with the 2.6.29 kernel may work too. I'm doubting this will work though but it seems to be worth a shot. If anyone wants to try great. It'll be hours before I can.

flipzmode

Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
I tried this. Basically I renamed the akmd file to akmd-old and copied the akm8973 file and renamed it to akmd. Phone booted up but when setup loaded it gave me a com.process.phone force close and when it got to the homescreen it completely locked up. It may have been another change I made but I don't know.

I had originally typed that up as a possible way to fix it however I realized that "akm8973" refers to itself over and over again within it. So that's why I thought that creating a symlink instead might have the best chance of working.

EDIT:
Not sure if the Civic will do much damage....

lol

Another thing that might help you out with that error that I noticed last night. It is in boot.img/ramdisk/init.goldfish.rc and exists in both 1.5 and 2.1. I'm not sure why it would be killing it (akmd) but if you were working on rebuilding the kernel then you might need to make sure you have that in there again. Good luck!
Code:
# disable some daemons the emulator doesn't want
    stop dund
    stop akmd

Andy_in_Indy

Apr 18, 2009
indianapolis<IN
i was told it was a gsm rom. but like u said its all hear say. the ril seams to be the issue at hand. now i have no clue as to how to build one. thats gonna take some research

Start by asking forum memeber DZO for directions to the RIL interface that was written for the android port to the Vogue. They had to write an RIL to get the GSM code in Android 1.0/1.1 to work in the CDMA phones. They also had to translate the GSM Text message format and GSM formats, but that seems to be OK here. The commits are all in the android-vouge kernel git.

Also, there are many experienced ROM cookers in the Vogue forums who have moved GSM versions into the CDMA versions. Someone there may have a good ideas which files cause GSM/CDMA incompatibilies.

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Start by asking forum memeber DZO for directions to the RIL interface that was written for the android port to the Vogue. They had to write an RIL to get the GSM code in Android 1.0/1.1 to work in the CDMA phones. They also had to translate the GSM Text message format and GSM formats, but that seems to be OK here. The commits are all in the android-vouge kernel git.

Also, there are many experienced ROM cookers in the Vogue forums who have moved GSM versions into the CDMA versions. Someone there may have a good ideas which files cause GSM/CDMA incompatibilies.

Yeah I've been talking with some of them. That's why I. Said lastnight that were gonna need a new ril. I started looking into building one but it was getting late. I've contacted a few members about this issue and posted up at the irc chats. I believe it shouldn't be to hard. Still looking into it though. Thanx

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/hardware/ril.git;h=ec4d0fac8aa81ac68a3153f782100ebd6730b46b

Looks like what we need

cteneyck

Jun 24, 2009
Dallas
can somebody mirror this for me. my company is blocks your host. i will also host this on my server when i get the copy

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
woot.... ifigured it out about the apks and .so.... well with the zinx as a guide. anyhow what apk s do i need to put in ths thing? postem if u know them. i just want provider stuff to get data working. i dont want any bullshiv apps. just what u need or can have service without.

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
woot.... ifigured it out about the apks and .so.... well with the zinx as a guide. anyhow what apk s do i need to put in ths thing? postem if u know them. i just want provider stuff to get data working. i dont want any bullshiv apps. just what u need or can have service without.

I was re-removing the sprint apps a minute ago and Noticed HtcCdmaAProvider.apk/odex

I am not sure if either of these files are important to anyone at all, just wondering if they are being overlooked, maybe key to something we are working on here.

EDIT
BTW - If you run cat on HtcCdmaProvider.apk it makes a really cool sound!

Last edited:

flipzmode

Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me

It's so hard to say what apk's might actually be needed considering a lot of the ones in 1.5 were just "hacks" that were needed to make CDMA work, but it's working out of the box with 2.1. I'd maybe look in to getting sync to work?

GooglePartnerSetup.apk and GoogleSettingsProvider.apk should be a good place to start. Although actually I saw that the gsm guys were able to get sync working on this. We should grab the new build and do a diff to see what they changed. I'll hit you up tomorrow to see what you did to get the .so's. :)

toastcfh

Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
It's so hard to say what apk's might actually be needed considering a lot of the ones in 1.5 were just "hacks" that were needed to make CDMA work, but it's working out of the box with 2.1. I'd maybe look in to getting sync to work?

GooglePartnerSetup.apk and GoogleSettingsProvider.apk should be a good place to start. Although actually I saw that the gsm guys were able to get sync working on this. We should grab the new build and do a diff to see what they changed. I'll hit you up tomorrow to see what you did to get the .so's. :)

alright man... i got about 30 apks and odex files to sort out. ive been side tracked all night with another dev trying to work on data. no dice though.... yet:D anyhow... i think ur right and i was thinking the same we need to put together a new build out of the latest hero 2.1 build. and from there insert the apks and lib files and or wtf ever else we need...lol. anyhow its late and i gotta get some zzZZzz. if u got time to put the build together that would be great if not ill just do it when i get off work before i getr started on the apks and lib sort out. its gonna suck. but i got high hopes

ps tried starting dns manually.... no dice.... its conecting but its bailing on the idea. think the apks are gonna give the NV its wanting

tvrvic

May 17, 2007
FYI guys, apparently a new test build(GSM again) was released today, I made the same changes to Lox 1.3 as we have made to this build and I can get signal/GPS and the phone app doesn't have the same mem leak/race condition from what I can tell. Still no luck on mobile data.

flipzmode

Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
Based on Lox 1.4, here is a (huge) list of what I think we need to look in to. Some are based on errors I've seen in the debug log, some are because I know they are important apk's in 1.5, and some are just because they sound important and are different from the version in 2.1.

AccountManager.apk (not in 2.1)
CertificateService.apk (not in 2.1)
checkin.apk (not in 2.1)
CheckinProvider.apk
ContactsProvider.apk
CustomizationSettingsProvider.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
DMPortRead.apk (not in 2.1)
DmService.apk
GoogleCheckin.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleSeettingsProvider.apk
GSD.apk (not in 2.1)
EPST.apk (not in 2.1)
HtcCdmaProvider.apk (not in 2.1)
HtcIQAgent.apk (when this crashes in 1.5 texts stop worrking, also not in 2.1)
HtcLocationPicker.apk
HtcLocationService.apk
HtcSettingsProvider.apk
IQRD.apk (not in 2.1)
OMADM.apk (not in 2.1)
Phone.apk
PCSCII.apk (not in 2.1)
SDSA.apk (not in 2.1)
SettingsProvider.apk
Sprint_Core.apk (not in 2.1)
Stk.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk
UploadProvider.apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    boot issue,

i had the same prob with the initaial install of 2.1 i booted into recovery then did a wipe again and installed it again and boot it worked maybe try that.
    sorry if its a waste of time,

FYI

my jammed at the HTC screen where the H then the T then the C all light up form left to right mine paused at the T so i knew somthing was up.

post bak if it works i want 2.1 damn it besides it being useless as a phone i liked it, it was dumb fast and i dunno a faw bat files to add apps well be good.
    sean