Meego on HTC HD2!!!

Search This thread

kaziklubey

Nov 22, 2011
Mer+Nemo

Meego has now turned into Mer(core)and Nemo(UX)
More information about this can be found on channels #mer #nemomobile @freenode on IRC.

According to some folks in #mer it might work with mer and qtdesktop.
Although there might be problems with gles driver.
Search Youtube: n810-mer-QtDesktop.mts (im not allowed to post links since i´m new here)

I wonder if if would be possible to put these two on the HD2, or mer+ another UX?

min0me

Nov 25, 2011
why... my opinion...

Whats so great about this OS?

You just have to try it.
Its hard to explain what is so good about
I use it on a Nokia N9 and i get a lot of stick for not having an iphone or an android device or even a Backberry because i don't have "apps" or it doesn't have a dual core processor, but it feels so natural to use that all the short comings don't' really matter. When i first opened up the box and turned it on, it felt like i had being using the OS for as long the mobile phones have been in my life, yet still exciting and fresh to use.

Then on a technical point, it is relatively fast on a signal core processor (some programs/games can bog it down) and its interchangeable with some of the Debian repo.

Its not committed to the grave just yet, there should be 2 years support for the software from Nokia (if i remember correctly) and there are roumers that there could be 2 lower end devices for their next billion phone project.

Windows phone 7/8 doesn't make a device cheap, apart from licensing costs, there is also the choice of hardware and generally its favored that it should be on the higher scale to get the "rich" experience that the user wants from the software. Where as Meego, being Linux will run on just about anything.
(I do know Android is based on Linux, but its gotten a little boated and is more a canvas the real access to the OS)

(Personal note: I wish Windows mobile would just step aside and let Meego be the third way)

jacktackle

Jan 28, 2009
London
You just have to try it.
Its hard to explain what is so good about
I use it on a Nokia N9 and i get a lot of stick for not having an iphone or an android device or even a Backberry because i don't have "apps" or it doesn't have a dual core processor, but it feels so natural to use that all the short comings don't' really matter. When i first opened up the box and turned it on, it felt like i had being using the OS for as long the mobile phones have been in my life, yet still exciting and fresh to use.

Then on a technical point, it is relatively fast on a signal core processor (some programs/games can bog it down) and its interchangeable with some of the Debian repo.

Its not committed to the grave just yet, there should be 2 years support for the software from Nokia (if i remember correctly) and there are roumers that there could be 2 lower end devices for their next billion phone project.

Windows phone 7/8 doesn't make a device cheap, apart from licensing costs, there is also the choice of hardware and generally its favored that it should be on the higher scale to get the "rich" experience that the user wants from the software. Where as Meego, being Linux will run on just about anything.
(I do know Android is based on Linux, but its gotten a little boated and is more a canvas the real access to the OS)

(Personal note: I wish Windows mobile would just step aside and let Meego be the third way)
Well Said. me too was waiting for someone to port a fully working meego to HD2 but it never happen and hopefully will never happen as meego is no longer meego.
WP7 is not bad but the sync process is stupid as Iphone. no access for your sd card. simply stupid and un acceptable. i think symbian is beter atleast you have freedom to do what you want to do and not that you are slaped with restrictions.
taking into consideration all these minus points, Android is the leader a true leader. what'so'ever whether it lags,shags,fags who cares. we love our droids cuz it gives us wings to fly :p Viva Android!

tagizadeh

Sep 15, 2009
thank you very very much
plz uplode all needed download faile in other server
i can not download....
thank

[DarkGUNMAN]

Nov 15, 2012
I'm wondering if the current Nemo adaptation for N900 (previously MeeGo CE) could be updated with the kernel from the last version of MeeGo to get an up to date image running on the HD2 - current release is looking really good, with a new UI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whats so great about this OS? ... I've been using Android for awhile now...

it's a full-fledged linux distro, unlike android, and it's designed for mobile phones, which will make it more usable for our phones than ubuntu. It has a lot of major companies like intel and nokia putting a lot of money and time into developing it. Not many phones run it now, but there will be a lot of high end phones running it in the future. I can see it becoming a lot more popular with developers and the phone modding community in the coming years. I'm definitely looking forward for meego phones coming out and hope to see meego running well on our hd2s....though it will probably be a while before they get the graphics driver situation solved on the hd2 port, so it will be very sluggish until they solve that.
    Why question more OS choices for the HD2? The greatest thing about the HD2 is that it can run many os's because of the great development community we have.
    We need to make a petition to DFT put meego in our HD2.:D
    Having looked at Jolla's new SailFish OS based on Mer core which originated from MeegoCE, there is every possibility of porting the new OS to the HD2.
    I don't know if u guys know already or not, but Meego 1.2 have been released for netbooks/notebooks yesterday, while Meego for smartphones will be released on May 24th a.k.a. next week during the Meego conference :eek:
    lololol......wow.....a 400.00 dollar phone running a 5.00 OS.....omg...I hope they are just kidding with this.....although it is nicer looking than wph7...lololol.....please dont bash me...to each its own...lol.....Dirty