[INVITES] Rheti- Build native Android apps on your phone

Search This thread

Rheti

Dec 6, 2013
Durham
Hi Everybody,
This is the Rheti dev team. If you haven't heard about us we've created an app that lets you build native Android apps on your phone, without coding. We've just launched a major update to our free private beta and we'd love to know what you think. If you sign up for our beta at http://www.rheti.com and mention XDA in the reason for your application we'll make sure to let you in.

An overview of some the changes (there were quite a few):
-Integrated Blockly, the open source javascript visual programming language maintained by MIT. You can now build features (events/automation on the way) with Blockly and add them to the app.
-Backend feature redone to make it easier. We have tutorials on the site for how to do this as well.
-Added a bunch of components like augmented reality, youtube feeds, and so on.
-Added some templates. We're adding several more each day this week.

If you have any ideas or constructive criticism please let us know! We are adding lots more components and relying on your feedback to know what to add, so if you give us an idea there is a good chance we will use it.

Thanks!

Rheti

Dec 6, 2013
Durham
Also, I forgot to add some images :cool::
f286.png

lq2v.png

ak71.png

mr_sparkles

Mar 19, 2014
Hi I want to ask you,
Can I make a app for my youtube channel with this like with andromo? I ask because I want an app that looks different than the andromo ones.

Reactions: sidsandro

Rheti

Dec 6, 2013
Durham
Hi I want to ask you,
Can I make a app for my youtube channel with this like with andromo? I ask because I want an app that looks different than the andromo ones.

We recently added a Youtube feed feature so yes you can. You can customize the UI through the feed editor and it will look different than the Andromo ones, which do all look the same. We are currently fixing a small issue with the full screen features but that should be done later today. There is also a YouTube login/upvote/comment feature.

Other feeds we have are RSS feeds, Parse feeds, and Google Doc feeds. Using parse you can do some pretty advanced stuff like add augmented reality, create signature forms (for things like petitions) and there are a couple more that aren't coming to mind.

Thanks for your interest

fd99601

Aug 26, 2010
Oh my god!

Only yesterday was I searching for a similar app. And my quest was unsuccessful. I clearly see why xda rocks and subscribing to this feed can be a god send :)

satsmagic

Feb 26, 2012
Mumbai
Hi Everybody,
This is the Rheti dev team. If you haven't heard about us we've created an app that lets you build native Android apps on your phone, without coding. We've just launched a major update to our free private beta and we'd love to know what you think. If you sign up for our beta at http://www.rheti.com and mention XDA in the reason for your application we'll make sure to let you in.

-Integrated Blockly, the open source javascript visual programming language maintained by MIT. You can now build features (events/automation on the way) with Blockly and add them to the app.
-Backend feature redone to make it easier. We have tutorials on the site for how to do this as well.

If you have any ideas or constructive criticism please let us know! We are adding lots more components and relying on your feedback to know what to add, so if you give us an idea there is a good chance we will use it.

Thanks!

Hi, i visited the url and also, sent a request for get added to the group.
Where to download and apk and try it ??

Vetala

Dec 15, 2012
Sent a request for the Rheti VIP Testers Group. I'll try it with great pleasure.Thanks!

deathblade

Dec 19, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus One
Sent a request, I've tested many apps and roms while they were in beta (and a few that were in pre alpha) I'll be happy to help in anyway I can to further development and squash bugs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everybody,

Thanks!
    Also, I forgot to add some images :cool::
    f286.png

lq2v.png

ak71.png
    Thanks to everybody for joining our testers! We are going to be letting everyone in within the next couple of hours, after we finish an update we've been working on. We just ask that you keep in mind that it is a private beta so we are frequently making big changes. If you have something you'd like us to change or add, or if you find a bug, it really helps us out if you tell us.

@Rheti - Is there any way to output Java source for apps created this way, instead of just APKs? I'm thinking this could be a great way for people to quickly put 90% of an app together and only have to write a few lines of code to finish the functionality. (For cases where your framework just doesn't support what a dev wants to do.)

This is something we do want to do but we haven't started implementing yet. Our ultimate goal is to be something like the WordPress for apps, and access to the code is a big part of what we think makes WordPress a good tool. Once we feel the platform is solid enough and we have a big enough user base we're going to do this.

We're also going to make it possible for developers to create individual components and themes, and share or sell them directly through the app, just like WordPress does.

Thanks again
    Hi I want to ask you,

We recently added a Youtube feed feature so yes you can. You can customize the UI through the feed editor and it will look different than the Andromo ones, which do all look the same. We are currently fixing a small issue with the full screen features but that should be done later today. There is also a YouTube login/upvote/comment feature.

Other feeds we have are RSS feeds, Parse feeds, and Google Doc feeds. Using parse you can do some pretty advanced stuff like add augmented reality, create signature forms (for things like petitions) and there are a couple more that aren't coming to mind.

Thanks for your interest
    Hi I want to ask you,