[Q] Superuser Problems Help!

Search This thread
B

brewsterj98

why don't you try too reroot your phone

I tried that and the same thing still happened. It's something in the rom because the developer made two versions of it the Alpha 1 is a rooted rom and the first one he came out with for the device and it has more bugs than Alpha 2 which i am running but it has less bugs. Alpha 1 gives root access with no problem while Alpha 2 roots but for some reason refuses to allow access to the root. I am trying to figure out how to change the files around in Alpha 1 to give me the fixes that the developer made in the Alpha 2 version so i can have root and the fixes to kinda make a combination of the 2 versions.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
I tried that and the same thing still happened. It's something in the rom because the developer made two versions of it the Alpha 1 is a rooted rom and the first one he came out with for the device and it has more bugs than Alpha 2 which i am running but it has less bugs. Alpha 1 gives root access with no problem while Alpha 2 roots but for some reason refuses to allow access to the root. I am trying to figure out how to change the files around in Alpha 1 to give me the fixes that the developer made in the Alpha 2 version so i can have root and the fixes to kinda make a combination of the 2 versions.

i mean simply factory reset the phone
and then root using cwm recovery by installing super su zip

B

brewsterj98

SD & Wifi fixes for Alpha 1

OK so since Alpha 2 refused to grant me root permissions i decided to go back to Alpha 1 and see if someone could help me fix the SD card issue as well as the WiFi issue. The SD card wont mount and the WiFi gets stuck on the searching for networks screen. In Alpha 2 the developer(Lucky 76) managed to fix the SD card and get the WiFi to where it at least shows your networks. He didn't have a change log for the changes he made so i cant go by that.

Help me fix the SD card first. that's my priority, Thanks. :)

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston

I would recommend politely contacting the developer explaining your problem. After doing some research your error relates to how Android deals with the Busybox runtime specifically the run-parts applet, and an error with the libc library. The developer likely changes various files that broke things that handle context switching (Allowing you to switch from the normal user to root), which is why your device is technically rooted but context switching needed for root applications isn't working correctly. This post in this thread deals with a similar issue I recommend checking it out.

B

brewsterj98

what Cwm recovery says after flashing binary

Oh sorry you posted when i was typing so i didn't see it. It says it was successful and that it installs binary and all that but when i boot up there's nothing. I went back to the Alpha 1 version of the rom because i think its issues might be easier to solve. Can you help me try to fix that?(the issues are listed in my last post)

B

brewsterj98

I would recommend politely contacting the developer explaining your problem. After doing some research your error relates to how Android deals with the Busybox runtime specifically the run-parts applet, and an error with the libc library. The developer likely changes various files that broke things that handle context switching (Allowing you to switch from the normal user to root), which is why your device is technically rooted but context switching needed for root applications isn't working correctly. This post in this thread deals with a similar issue I recommend checking it out.
would recommend politely contacting the developer explaining your problem. After doing some research your error relates to how Android deals with the Busybox runtime specifically the run-parts applet, and an error with the libc library. The developer likely changes various files that broke things that handle context switching (Allowing you to switch from the normal user to root), which is why your device is technically rooted but context switching needed for root applications isn't working correctly. This post in this thread deals with a similar issue I recommend checking it out.

I dont know how to contact the developer. He's not apart of XDA I dont think anyways and he abandoned the project of the developement of the rom so i dont know if he will even discuss it. I'm gonna try fixing Alpha 1 since its rooted and the problems are somewhat simple from what i've researched. Do u have any idea how to fix the sd card and the wifi? I'm gonna check the website for a changelog just in case i missed it.

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Do u have any idea how to fix the sd card and the wifi? I'm gonna check the website for a changelog just in case i missed it.

For sdcard fixing I would start by looking at your device's fstab partiton layout,which can be edited by de-compiling your boot.img. Wifi is a kernel issue, one suggestion would be to make sure that the Wifi kernel module is being loaded. Another would be to download the kernel source for your device and compile it, that way the Wifi kernel module should be compiled with it.

B

brewsterj98

For sdcard fixing I would start by looking at your device's fstab partiton layout,which can be edited by de-compiling your boot.img. Wifi is a kernel issue, one suggestion would be to make sure that the Wifi kernel module is being loaded. Another would be to download the kernel source for your device and compile it, that way the Wifi kernel module should be compiled with it.

ok well can you help me understand that because all my knowledge is manly based on recoveries, root and a little about roms. How would i go about compiling and de-compiling my boot.img and how will i even begin with the kernal stuff? I've been meaning to expand my knowledge of all this stuff but never really got the chance. So can you please explain how to do what u said or can u point me to a place that does and i could let you know how it goes?

B

brewsterj98

Cant i just put the boot.img from Alpha 2 and switch it with Alpha 1's?

B

brewsterj98

ok so i took the boot.img from Alpha 2 and switched it with the one from Alpha 1 then i flashed Alpha 1 with the boot.img from A2 and now i have root, my sd card is fixed and the wifi has improved. The only thing wrong with the rom now is the wifi just wont connect to a network. I'm gonna do more research on the bug and let you know what i find. It seems to be a common problem in android 4.4.2

Edit: ok so i have partial root apparently. :/ terminal emulator gets root and so does other apps but link2sd and root explorer wont obtain root. it gives me that one error again. the char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on Android char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on Android mount: Invalid argument

any idea on how to fix it?

Last edited:
B

brewsterj98

Anymore Help?

Another would be to download the kernel source for your device and compile it, that way the Wifi kernel module should be compiled with it.

Can you tell me how to do this? I know where to get the kernal source but i dont know how to compile it.