[ROM][Gingerbread 2.3.3] Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 [NEW TWEAKS APP & FEATURES!][10.22.2011]

Search This thread

jcbofkc

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas City
That's odd. YouTube is working great for me. Just watched an 8 minute video of a dad talking about his lazy spoiled daughter and then he fired a full clip from his .45 into her laptop. What apps have you added since the problems started?

Last edited:

shane1diamond

Jun 18, 2011
Hawaii
That's odd. YouTube is working great for me. Just watched an 8 minute video of a dad talking about his lazy spoiled daughter and then he fired a full clip from his .45 into her laptop. What apps have you added since the problems started?

+1 used Weapon for about 5months total never any "bugs" youtube etc. That video looked interesting. now that i know what happens it makes it even more interesting.

hhwong

Jan 31, 2012
You know, this rom really isn't working for me anymore. Every time I watch a YouTube video, it would randomly freeze and then it'll stay frozen until I force close it. I rebooted like several times, same problem.

I thought then maybe it was because it was stock kernal..nope! I flashed Dragon and overclocked it, still freezes randomly. It's such a nuisance to force close it everytime, rebooting didn't work, so I guess I'll have to try another rom.

Weapon was good, I've used it for about 2 months, no problem, now maybe its been developing bugs and devs been too busy, not complaining though, just saying.

did you try to reinstall youtube apps? After I switched from weapon to Hellfire phoenix, i had the same problem of youtube crashing. Simply reinstall and problem was gone.

bg1906

Jul 29, 2011
I'm new to the whole Rom thing and I flashed Weapon. I really like it. I have it themed with Mixer and I also flashed Faux123 0.1.3 SV kernel. I also tried the OC/UV Kernel. However no matter which one and whether I overclock or not, I get a random reboot or 2 per day.

Is this the best kernel for Weapon? Also what are the best settings around 1.2 GHz in SetCPU should I set UV settings? I'm a total n00b to all this so please pardon my ignorance. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
I'm new to the whole Rom thing and I flashed Weapon. I really like it. I have it themed with Mixer and I also flashed Faux123 0.1.3 SV kernel. I also tried the OC/UV Kernel. However no matter which one and whether I overclock or not, I get a random reboot or 2 per day.

Is this the best kernel for Weapon? Also what are the best settings around 1.2 GHz in SetCPU should I set UV settings? I'm a total n00b to all this so please pardon my ignorance. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've been running Weapon with the Faux123 0.1.3 SV kernel at 1.2 GHz with no undervolting for months without any problems and it works excellently. I have tried running at 1.5 GHz but it caused overheating and reboots. Some phones are more capable of overclocking and undervolting than others so you have to determine what settings run reliably on your phone. If there are problems, make a backup first then wipe and reflash.

Last edited:

bg1906

Jul 29, 2011
I've been running Weapon with the Faux123 0.1.3 SV kernel at 1.2 GHz with no undervolting for months without any problems and it works excellently. I have tried running at 1.5 GHz but it caused overheating and reboots. Some phones are more capable of overclocking and undervolting than others so you have to determine what settings run reliably on your phone. If there are problems, make a backup first then wipe and reflash.

Thanks. Maybe it was the UV settings. I now have the SV version of the kernel running at 1.2 with no UV settings (all set at 0). Hopefully no more issues. Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

shane1diamond

Jun 18, 2011
Hawaii

Thanks.

NM I should have read better

Last edited:

NekoNyapii

Jan 5, 2012
Mesa
It doesnt happen every video. But it'll happen like every few videos. Like ill be listening to some Skrillex, then two videos later, I would be listening to another Skrillex music video and it'll just freeze randomly.

jcbofkc

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas City
It doesnt happen every video. But it'll happen like every few videos. Like ill be listening to some Skrillex, then two videos later, I would be listening to another Skrillex music video and it'll just freeze randomly.

Some people have reported changing the setting to High Quality make a difference. Worth a shot.

bg1906

Jul 29, 2011

Thanks bro, this setup has been AWESOME! Stable, fast, and has good battery life considering its being OC'd. Also NONE of the issues that are present in Stock Rom. Love it!

okoto

Apr 25, 2007
wallpaper location

I installed this rom on my wife's phone and I really like one of the wallpapers included with the rom. I would like to use it as a wallpaper on my Atrix, but I have been unable to find where the wallpapers are stored. I spent an hour searching, but no luck.:confused:
Can someone please help me?

C16MkII

Apr 29, 2011
I'm ****ing done with this rom. I'm sick of the reboot and absolute **** battery. How do I revert back to the default state?

str8killinya

Sep 15, 2010
West Chester,Ohio
I'm ****ing done with this rom. I'm sick of the reboot and absolute **** battery. How do I revert back to the default state?

Ran great for me for months with 0% lag or performance problems. My girl still runs this till ICS stables out some and loves it with over 200 apps so it must be your phone. And dev gave us a great rom if you don't like it like then go away and use another not trash a great dev or his work.

Sent from my LG-P999
Hellfire Sandwich v1.2
Faux CM 49b5 UV

shane1diamond

Jun 18, 2011
Hawaii
+1
Ran great for me for months with 0% lag or performance problems. My girl still runs this till ICS stables out some and loves it with over 200 apps so it must be your phone. And dev gave us a great rom if you don't like it like then go away and use another not trash a great dev or his work.

Sent from my LG-P999
Hellfire Sandwich v1.2
Faux CM 49b5 UV

+1

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ

Sent from my LG-P999
Hellfire Sandwich v1.2
Faux CM 49b5 UV

Haha. I switched wife to ICS. Of course not for her to play with it, but me!! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][Gingerbread 2.3.3] Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 [NEW TWEAKS APP & FEATURES!][10.22.2011]

Hello everyone! I have been working hard to bring you a modified version of the official 2.3.3 Gingerbread that LG has recently released to us. A lot of time and effort went into the making of this rom and rest assured that only more features will follow this initial release. Please enjoy!

FEATURES
    ~ Based on LG official 2.3.3 Gingerbread
    ~ FIVE lockscreens: 4-Tab, Rotary, AOSP, Star Wars, Miui
    ~ EDT Tweaks: Lockscreen options, battery options, clock options
    ~ Quick Panel toggles ported from I9000
    ~ Power Menu
    ~ Music controls on all lockscreens (except Optimus 2x)
    ~ TouchWiz 4.5 Launcher (stock launcher also included)
    ~ LG Cam v3.0
    ~ CM7 MMS
    ~ Androidian theme from CM7 [green!]
    ~ Working A2DP!
    ~ Added full kernel version and mod version to About Phone
    ~ CRT ON & off animation
    ~ Colored settings icons
    ~ Debloated (not all, but most)
    ~ And probably more I'm forgetting!

Instructions on flashing
    1. Download zip and place on sdcard
    2. Reboot into clockwork recovery
    3. Perform a factory reset
    4. Navigate to mounts and storage and format /system
    5. Choose Install zip from sdcard
    6. Navigate to rom zip and flash
    7. Reboot
    8. ENJOY!

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 NO WIPE FULL

Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 MIRRORS

MD5: ED57206ED7CB87B992DB95CD11BE9CF0
    DOES NOT FORMAT /DATA! JUST WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK AND FLASH OVER TOP OF PREVIOUS WEAPON G2X VERSION. IF YOU WANT A CLEAN FULL INSTALL DO A FACTORY RESET PRIOR TO FLASHING.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HUGE thank you to Rascarlo for the new bootanimation. He worked very hard on it and I love it! I hope you all do as well. :android-smile:
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< STOCK GINGERBREAD MMS (can send mms over wifi! lacks CM7 mms features though)
    MD5: 2D751B0FF608001B2C6661C8D3537B6F

DOWNLOAD <<<<< STOCK GINGERBREAD CAMERA
    MD5: F506017501ABA0F837D3AA2A61F21EF1

DOWNLOAD <<<<< LG Cam V3.0
    MD5: FA582F3197807CE7C979648682DA214E
    THE ABOUT PHONE SECTION WILL NOT READ A WEAPON G2X VERSION NUMBER. IT WILL JUST SAY WEAPON G2X. THIS WAS DONE ON PURPOSE SO I DON'T HAVE TO UPDATE THE BUILD.PROP FOR THE CAMERA WITH EVERY NEW RELEASE.
    Older Releases
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.8 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: 67A9462DBB4C1B8CA7E498B7AB65FE16

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.7 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: ADD0C80AB12A6500E60EF0B4E26EB59B

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.6 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: 6B7F1E043B72C33CD28E04AF94089515

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.5 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: 165BA60780162FF819502390F547BBF4

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.4 NO WIPE FULL
    MD5: CBE67D4095DA6C7F23113E6EB7D1ABA9

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.3 FULL WIPE VERSION
    MD5: AD2132F2D70E8CA777FCADFA4245AB45
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.3 NO WIPE UPGRADE
    MD5: A04CA56DAE7B464B5C3DD5DFAF1C5FA6

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.1 FULL WIPE VERSION
    MD5: 0951BB94F44E9262148457CDBC452DE1
    DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 2.1 NO WIPE UPGRADE
    MD5: E83F258E1CFC1ED7D53A2C71AC6A8C5D

DOWNLOAD <<<<< Weapon G2x 1.0
    MD5: 59A16EB8A186C97B16095B511210D907

THINGS TO BE AWARE OF
    1. Not all of EDT Tweaks features have been implemented yet. If it's grayed out, it's because it's not available.
    2. Miui lockscreen highlights green ONLY when charging, fully charged and low battery
    3. Equalizer on Miui lockscreen does not animate
    4. You can set ANY CUSTOM APP you want to mms handle on Miui lockscreen AND 4-tab lockscreen.
    5. Customize TouchWiz 4.5 dock by going to app drawer > menu button > edit > drag/drop > save

CHANGELOG
    Code:
    10/22/2011
    ~ Fixed auto-color for battery text
    Only flash themes that are specifically for 3.0_R1 or you will break this again...

10/21/2011
    ~ Freshly compiled Tweaks app (only accessible via Settings menu)
    BIG THANK YOU TO @ROMANBB FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS!
    ~ Removed previous Tweaks features that were grayed out/not usable
    ~ New Miui battery bar feature (battery tweaks)
    ~ CRT animations can now be toggled on/off
    ~ New style color picker
    ~ Added new ICS Roboto font system wide
    ~ Progress bars are now green (matches default theme)

10/14/2011
    ~ Added 4 more toggles: Brightness, Flashlight, Reboot & Shutdown
    HUGE THANK YOU TO KWES1020 FOR MAKING ME A COUPLE OF THE NEW TOGGLE ICONS! :D
    [note: Quickpanel reboot does not show shutdown animation]
    ~ Killed battery full notification
    ~ Updated Superuser to 3.05

10/7/2011
    ~ Ported JKays 9 Quickpanel Toggles!
    ~ Long-pressing Quickpanel toggles shortcuts to settings!
    ~ New darker themed pulldown
    ~ Updated Superuser to 3.02

9/30/2011
    ~ Added init.d support to stock kernel (might be lost if flashing custom kernels)
    ~ Script: Auto-zipaligns + sets permissions at every boot
    ~ Script: Adjusted minfree settings to be more strict (better ram management/more free ram) *Could be lost if flashing custom kernel! Make sure to verify if from your custom kernel dev whether their kernels support init.d scripts!*
    ~ Gtalk video chat now uses FFC (recipients screen will show you sideways - still working on this!)
    ~ Reverted back to STOCK GB CAMERA (flashable for LG cam can be downloaded from OP)
    ~ Updated busybox to 1.19.2
    ~ Updated to Superuser 3.0-final
    ~ Added File Manager from CM7
    ~ Rotary lockscreen marked as unstable
    ~ Updated Market and Maps
    ~ New default wallpaper thanks to DustyVV!!! (also available in wallpaper chooser!)

9/05/2011
    ~ 15% shutoff bug FIXED FOR REAL THIS TIME - Epic Thanks to @romanbb!!
    ~ Updated LG Cam to version 3.0 - Refer to LG Cam thread for buglist - Thanks for the hard work Flak0!
    ~ Killed low battery warning
    ~ Modified stock browser to have UNLIMITED TABS
    ~ Removed Optimus 2x lockscreen - FOR NOW...

8/23/2011
    ~ Cleaned up battery code in SystemUI
    ~ New bootanimation courtesy of Rascarlo!!!
    ~ Optimus 2x lockscreen CLEARLY marked as [beta]. If you have issues, don't use it.
    ~ Completely zipaligned
    ~ Removed shutdown sound
    ~ Few build.prop edits

8/14/2011
    ~ CRT ON animation
    ~ Added LG Camera
    ~ Updated TW4Launcher
    ~ Updated LG framework
    ~ VM heapsize reduced to 48
    ~ Build.prop edits

8/10/2011
    ~ Added Recovery option to power menu

8/8/2011
    ~ Fixed status bar FC when unplugging usb at fully battery
    ~ Added Mms app from CM7.1 (more options!)
    ~ Added reboot to power menu options and a little color
    ~ Added ShareApp
    ~ Potential "insufficient space" fix
    ~ USB debugging enabled by default
    ~ Build.prop edits

8/6/2011 
    ~ Initial Release

PICTURES
    Uwc43.png

wCAVqm.png
    2VtHim.png
    tlIvJm.png
    bI5j7m.png
    fl6tEm.png
    S4kGGm.png
    jAlW2m.png
    rN0KRm.png
    Uysycm.png
    IuTmDm.png
    Kunu7m.png
    tDIGnm.png
    SHxxym.png
    LGarKm.png
    4IQ8wm.png
    lwHvBm.png

CREDITS
    Romanbb - My brother from another mother
    Untermensch - My lockscreen mentor
    Dreamsforgotten
    sbrissen
    Rascarlo
    Fr4gg0r
    XsMagical
    LG Camera Team - Flak0, Jface and anybody else that helped!
    theos0o
    Rascarlo
    DustyVV
    JKays
    Kwes1020
    lidroid
    Plans for the future
    ~ Gtalk with working video chat ... well kinda
    ~ Power Menu (reboot options)
    ~ MORE LOCKSCREENS!

Suggestions and ideas are welcome!
    I just wanted to say that I love the ROM-it works great with my G2x!

I was just wondering if there is any progress on making the FFC work with Gtalk?
    I would love to see that with this ROM as I use Gtalk very often to comunicate with my family overseas and since Skype doesn't work with our FFC(yet) I was wondering what the progress on that was.

Thanks in advance!

I'm about finished with 2.6 now. Changelog is as follows

~ Added init.d support to stock kernel
    ~ Custom scripts - auto zipalign + set permissions at every boot (/data/app)
    ~ Adjusted minfree settings via init.d script (better ram management/more free ram) < This should really help stabilize things
    ~ Reverted back to stock cam (sick of ppl complaining of camera; flashable for LG cam will be provided in the OP)
    ~ Gtalk video chat now works with FFC (not sure if LG cam will break this)
    ~ Added Superuser 3.0-Final

Gonna run it for awhile just to make sure it's golden. Should be posted sometime today or tomorrow though.
    Working on another update guys. I'm rebuilding a new EDT Tweaks for it. New options so far include the ability to toggle the CRT animations on and off (maybe you like off but hate on, etc). I also have the Miui top battery bar working (probably my fav Miui feature). Update will also include a new style color picker for the clock/battery. Pretty cool stuff. :)
    Im smellin a new release... =P

OP updated! :D

Hope everyone has a happy Friday! ^^