9/6 Mandatory Update Official Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 5.8.4.0

Search This thread

broncogr

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 17, 2005
XDA Central
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Hey guys.
Koush has been hard at work with his new recovery for The One-x.
A lot of his testing is done in our own IRC Channel #HTC-one-X on Freenode

Link to the latest Official recovery:
http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img
MD5: 147B081A8FD9216FA62244031E44DF88

You need to flash in fastboot by using the command fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Charging Issues Fixed !!!

ALL USB related issues fixed !!!

Make sure you are on 5.8.4.0 or later (Check from recovery!!)

All stock recovery versions can be found here:
Stock HTC Recovery Use right mouse click > save as! otherwise it will just open in your browser
Thanks to ARHD Team for hosting.

Known Issues:

Led light might be off in recovery but device charges
Cant flash Recovery from OS
Cant flash boot.img from recovery

Enjoy

Thanks To:
Koush for the recovery.
RichardTrip for patching the kernel to allow usb in recovery.
Dees_Troy for the Mount USB Storage toggle fix.
Toastcfh for the charging fix and overall involvement in fixing all issues

Last edited:

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Great news!

OP, after fastbooting the official CWM recovery image, does this mean we can use the ROM manager app already and we can start those flashing/backup/restore from there?

Also I noticed in their site, it is still version 5.8.2.3, the one you posted is more updated version 5.8.2.4.

Reactions: wirelesswing

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Awesome to see some official love :) Whilst it doesn't do a whole lot more than the interim recoveries,, I assume we will be getting more work done on it too!

M.

Reactions: wirelesswing

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
Yuss! Great news!!

Still gonna hold out for few weeks, though...pretty sure S-Off will be just around the corner and then it'll really be on for young and old!! :D

broncogr

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 17, 2005
XDA Central
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Great news!

OP, after fastbooting the official CWM recovery image, does this mean we can use the ROM manager app already and we can start those flashing/backup/restore from there?

Also I noticed in their site, it is still version 5.8.2.3, the one you posted is more updated version 5.8.2.4.

Yes you can use Rom manager for that. It isnt able to flash a new recovery yet, but other options work. 5.8.2.4 is the latest beta version not yet posted on clockworkmod site.

Awesome to see some official love :) Whilst it doesn't do a whole lot more than the interim recoveries,, I assume we will be getting more work done on it too!

M.

It is much more stable than the interim recovery and more work will be done to it.

Reactions: birdsax and Rycon33

Dougi

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 7, 2008
Aix en Provençe
This recovery has problem with AROMA installer ROM ...

ROM does not install otherwise on other none AROMA ROM it works

just so you guys know ...

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Hey guys.
Koush has been hard at work with his new recovery for The One-x.
A lot of his testing is done in our own IRC Channel #HTC-one-X on Freenode

Here is a link to his latest recovery:
http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.2.4-endeavouru.img

You need to flash in fastboot by using the command fastboot flash recovery (name of recovery.img)

Also a full list of recoveries for most devices can be found at:
http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager

Issues being examined:

Cant mount USB in recovery
No charging while in recovery (It could be working but needs confirmation)
Cant flash from Rom Manager

Enjoy

EDIT 1: Next step is to enable USB support in recovery. As soon as that is done and ADB is working it will be easy to enable mount USB. Koush is on this. More testing later tonight.
EDIT 2: Problems flashing some roms flashing fails with assert failed. Looking into this later today, till then use interim recovery..
EDIT 3 : Every Rom that checks deviceid on install will fail as deviceid is wrongly stated in recovery as endeavouru rather than endevoru which is the right name. Will tell koush and we'll have a new build shortly after

for ur EDIT1:
the USB gadget is slightly different, i am working on fixing this... if u guys have something on ur mind ping me (via p.m.) so i can test it asap...

EDIT2/EDIT2:
u need to edit default.prop in recovery ramdisk and change the ro.board or ro.product.board or somethign like that to fix this

i was busy with recovery for Xperia S, but now that its ready i will get back to fixing this adb/usb mounting issues

Reactions: KRiZ-R and pondikos

Top Liked Posts