V21Y OTA update starting April 23rd

Search This thread

RobBull69

Oct 9, 2009
Chicago
I think there's a pretty good chance that you'll be happy with the GPS performance under V21y. I've seen a number of reports that it's better. My own experience is that it's better but not perfect. I have gotten a number of 15-second fixes, which happened only extremely rarely under other ROMs. However, it does occasionally take 2-3 minutes, which is just what I was seeing before I installed V21y.

I hope so, because I do like the phone. The performance, camera, screen quality and form factor are all very good imo.

blkmz3

Jan 17, 2009
When ever I try to do this update, I just get the Software Update msg; Connection failed caused by authentication error.

Any good advise would be greatfully appreciated.

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
LG promised is a "update" in the second quarter, I hope this is not the update they are talking about.

SefEXE

Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Same thing here, all week...

"Over the air (OTA) update: T-Mobile will push the update to your device sometime between 4/23 and 5/14. We cannot expedite how soon we send the OTA to individuals."

"OTA Update

1 The G2x will receive a notification that the update is available.
2 Select Update.
3 The update will install.
4 Once complete the phone will restart. "

And from what I've heard it's more like,

"Don't call us, we'll call you."

EDIT:
The update schedule is a bit different, but is as follows:
o 4/23 – 10k – Released at ~8am
o 4/24 – 10k – Released at 11pm PST
o 4/25 & 4/26 – Soak
o 4/27 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST
o 4/28 & 4/29 – Weekend (no pushes)
o 4/30 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST
o 4/31 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST
o 5/1 – 25k – Released at 11pm PST
o 5/2 – 40k – Released at 11pm PST
o 5/3 – 100k – Released at 11pm PST
o 5/4 – 100k – Released at 11pm PST
o 5/5 & 5/6 – Weekend (no pushes)
o 5/7 – Remainder (~15k) – Released at 11pm PST

Last edited:

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
tmoroadmapmay12.jpg

No ICS.
The "ch" you see is probably like Gingerbread patch that was in April, and it's already out.

nightf0x

Apr 28, 2011
The OTA was available for me this morning. I click update and the download starts. After it finished downloading, it started validating the package and after 5 min or so said the downloaded package was invalid... Now if I click check for software update it says that my version is the current version.. Any solution to this? I am running xboarder's stock rooted.

unique77

Apr 22, 2011
Oddly enough I just woke up to a notification that said "invalid software package " and when I checked for update it said the same... current is the latest. Rather frustrating. Hopefully it gets pushed to me againagain

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

nightf0x

Apr 28, 2011
Oddly enough I just woke up to a notification that said "invalid software package " and when I checked for update it said the same... current is the latest. Rather frustrating. Hopefully it gets pushed to me againagain

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Were you rooted by any chance? I was, maybe that was an issue. I am going to flash a stock nandroid and see what happens.

EDIT: nvm. I flashed a stock nandroid and same result. :(

Last edited:

nickcuban

Feb 25, 2012
DeLand
I've had it try to download the update twice on two separate days and both times it failed. It's been about 3 days of saying the current version thing. It's bs and it's just another reason I'm going to order the nexus early next week.

nightf0x

Apr 28, 2011
Looks like I'll have to update using LG tool starting may 14 then. :(
I don't understand why it would say invalid package and not let me try to update again.

Solace50

Jul 17, 2011
anyone using the new update did it contain a newer baseband? or just a newer RIL?

nvm the other thread answered this lol.

Last edited:

mrsixonetwo

Aug 29, 2010
How would I do that?

Download adw and add a custom shortcut to the home screen then choose activities and find odadm test menu in those activities it will make a shortcut. You can then click the shortcut and click on connect dm server

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:

nightf0x

Apr 28, 2011
Download adw and add a custom shortcut to the home screen then choose activities and find odadm test menu in those activities it will make a shortcut. You can then click the shortcut and click on connect dm server

I clicked connect to server, it prompted me to select one. There was only one option. So I clicked it and it connected. But it still says my version is current when I click check for update. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Funny that people were saying we'd never see another update for the G2X since it had been EOL'ed. Then, when V21Y appeared, people started saying we'd never see it pushed out as an OTA. Just goes to show that nobody knows what they're talking about.

I'm glad that LG finally stepped up to the plate and delivered a usable stock Gingerbread ROM, although I'm not sure I should be too congratulatory considering this is the ROM the G2X should have launched with. One can only hope that the G2X does receive an ICS update.
    Hello, I just want to ask something...Prolly been asked already...

If I were to update we stuck on stock ROM correct?

Haha, now that I went cm on this phone, I kinda dont wanna go back =P

Correct, until the alternative ROMs are updated to support the new baseband, you won't be able to use them and still make phone calls.
    Probably a noob question but should I remove cwm to get OTA or it's not necessary? Being on stock unrooted ofc. Thx in advance

You should get stock recovery and be on stock rom in order to update.
    Probably a noob question but should I remove cwm to get OTA or it's not necessary? Being on stock unrooted ofc. Thx in advance

This is completely unnecessary. Just load up your stock rom/nandroid and run the update. CWM will be wiped regardless.
    Funny that people were saying we'd never see another update for the G2X since it had been EOL'ed. Then, when V21Y appeared, people started saying we'd never see it pushed out as an OTA. Just goes to show that nobody knows what they're talking about.

I'm glad that LG finally stepped up to the plate and delivered a usable stock Gingerbread ROM, although I'm not sure I should be too congratulatory considering this is the ROM the G2X should have launched with. One can only hope that the G2X does receive an ICS update.

Say the G2X won't get ICS and, according to you, it will. Consequently, the G2X won't get ICS.