Play .flv on the Surface RT

Search This thread

Paschinski

Mar 4, 2009
Hi guys!

Due to the extension restrictions on the RT it is not yet possible to natively play .flv files in the video player. But the RT ist very well capable of playing .flv as we all know, in form of flash video on websites.

It is possible to edit the whitelist and I just saw that someone even released an app with which you can edit the whitelist quite comfortably.

With all that said: Isn't there a possibility to play .flvs? Maybe an app, that opens them in IE and adds the local address to the whitelist automatically?

Paschinski

Mar 4, 2009
No, it doesn't. The page in IE just stays white.

Maybe you can add something to the whitelist that all local files are allowed to be played in the Browser with Flash?

Edit: I found an app in the store called "PressPlay Video" which plays .flvs after converting them.

Last edited:

evil2desire

Aug 5, 2013
you can play flv. on surface rt. just follow my instructions

first in control panel change location setting to China. now you will get app store of china (try to restart if it not works). after travelling all the way to china now copy this 迅雷看看 and just paste it in search box . you will get an app with blue and white color icon, some circular arrow. install it and enjoy.