Skype for HTC HD2

Search This thread

SOLRAC13

Nov 20, 2009
I been doing a deep search on Google and haven't found nothing about skype for windows mobile 6.5.

Wish leave me to the conclusion that only Fring and Nimbuzz be our only alternative and in my cases been in China i only have Nimbuzz winch does well on wifi but very bad on 3g, since fring has be blocked recently.

I would appreciate of other alternatives or if by any miracle in how to run skype mobile 3 on Leo thanks :)

SOLRAC13

Nov 20, 2009
skype mobile for htc hd2

Oh that is good news, for what i read i thought there was no skype mobile application running on windows mobile 6.5 !

Be nice if you tel me which version of skype mobile you are talking about :cool:

By the-way I will love to hear your comments about Skype on Leo, I am tented in buying one and I do a lot of use of skype for my work.

Thanks

Last edited:

hyellow

Oct 27, 2006
The latest version of Skype from their website is working well.
However, the internal speaker is not working for me.

the xperia has a special version of skype, wich uses the internal speaker, however, installing it on any other device is not a problem, only when running it, it says that it's not compatible with this device..... so only for xperia.

AgentBignose

Jun 17, 2006
Aachen
Jep, Skype is working.

Bad sadly, as usual on Windows Phones, only with Loudspeaker not with Earpiece.

the xperia has a special version of skype, wich uses the internal speaker, however, installing it on any other device is not a problem, only when running it, it says that it's not compatible with this device..... so only for xperia.

So does Earpice activation work with xperia Version?

SOLRAC13

Nov 20, 2009
Skype experience on HTC HD2

Still, it should be possible to use bluetooth headset with Skype.
Didn't checked with HD2, but got it working in HD.
Can wait you tel us how is the chating interface, for me is the must important issu the call option i dont use it as offten i,m interested in file sharing and chating window.

Some pictures be great thanx :D

Sky Forever

Nov 15, 2006
SPb
run attachment and all sounds will be in ear speaker. Solution for me to talk via Skype.

Attachments

• TROCA2.zip
    8 KB · Views: 2,597

gareth824

Dec 11, 2007
Manchester
:D It's brill on the HD2. Miles better than what I remember on the iPhone. You can actually keep it running in the background :eek:

and it works with the bluetooth headset.

Sky Forever

Nov 15, 2006
SPb
Does this actually work for the HD2 or perhaps even other phones like the Diamond 2?

I tested it with Diamond 2, Touch Pro 2, HD 2 - it works. Just run it and while programm runs in background - all sounds via earspeaker. But don't forget close it after all or you miss callring :)

Last edited:

eskasi

Apr 25, 2006
What does this file do? and why is it in an exe not a cab? :confused:

You run it... the leave it open and open Skype. All audio is then routed through the earpiece. You speak like you would on a normal phone.

Running skype alone without this would mean needing to use BT headphones or the headset or sound comes from the loudspeaker... THis app is extremely useful if you use Skype!!

astralmistral

Nov 20, 2009
i have the same problem on HD2, this sounds like a solution, i will try it. thanks for the file. otherwise i might just use the headset came with it.

chimpsinties,
Is this your GPRS Monitor capable of showing GSM RF related parameters like Field Test? Where did you download it? Is it capable of Monitoring UMTS too?

and a few more things with Skype:

I have S2S lock and I like it as many times I forget to lock my phone, but it kicks during a Skype call and kills audio... dont want to disable S2S, nor want to put my phone on charger.

There is a option in Skype's Menu/Setting, namely "Prevent device stand-by mode when online". Changing this parameter does not seem to make any difference...

How can I get Skype to remember my password? However I dont want Skype to start up automatically

auto change between landscape and portrait modes based on G-sensor is possible somehow?

thanks!

chimpsinties

Nov 24, 2008
HTC U11
Moto G9 Play
chimpsinties,
Is this your GPRS Monitor capable of showing GSM RF related parameters like Field Test? Where did you download it? Is it capable of Monitoring UMTS too?

thanks!

The GPRS traffic monitor has the following options that are not configurable. You can select between what's there but you can't add more yourself. I guess it auto detects what's available cos when I had the TMobile shim in it knew to look for that connection instead. This is just a trial version but does what I need it so I've not looked into what the pro version gets you.

GPRSMonitor.jpg

You just select the connections you want to monitor and what your limit is, when your billing date is.

GPRSMonitor2.jpg

Then it lets you know how much you've used that day/month/total etc

You could look into it more at http://www.efficasoft.com