[TOOL] iAPK Suite v0.9 - Drag & Drop APK Installer

Search This thread

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
Awesome! I can't wait to give it a try. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my Eris using XDA App

Thanks!

OMG, I also found a more efficient and FASTER method to install APK's with the use of ADB! The next version will be 0.5. I'm skipping 0.4 entirely because of the programs speed increase. Especially it's nice connection with windows as a default filetype! This is siick. Fully fixed directory installing, multiple APK installing, no more adb copying to the current directory, and no more windows shell freezing that adb always causes. A new algorithm that makes everything super fast!

decepticon

Mar 6, 2004
Backwoods Louisiana
Nice app, if anyone wants to make a Mac version some of us would appreciate it :)

What I use right now is AppManager or AppMonster whatever it's called now. I backup all my apps to the SD card then push the AM apk to the device after a restore then it's just a matter of telling it to reinstall them.

This here would save some time and clicking though.

tnpapadakos

Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice app, if anyone wants to make a Mac version some of us would appreciate it :)

What I use right now is AppManager or AppMonster whatever it's called now. I backup all my apps to the SD card then push the AM apk to the device after a restore then it's just a matter of telling it to reinstall them.

crapple version

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net

I could recode everything for Mac.. Ofcourse.. that would take a bit longer, and you would not get most of the good features like, default filetypes (double clicking to install). But everything else should work just fine. And for Linux users.. I could'nt say how well that would turn out, but if enough people want me to recode things for a different OS, it'd be my pleasure.

decepticon

Mar 6, 2004
Backwoods Louisiana
Anything? Lol (I won't go there!) What is the advantage to this verses using su file manager to just copy and paste within the phone? I guess I should just try it out, but didn't want to waste my time cause I have no problems with adb commands, but some of my friends might like it! Thanks! :)

I could recode everything for Mac.. Ofcourse.. that would take a bit longer, and you would not get most of the good features like, default filetypes (double clicking to install). But everything else should work just fine. And for Linux users.. I could'nt say how well that would turn out, but if enough people want me to recode things for a different OS, it'd be my pleasure.

Would it be possible to do it in Java? That way it is cross platform.

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
I figured as such. Thanks, that would be a big help across the board for us.

No problemo!

Scheduled timeline:

v0.5 - Have default filetypes, fixed directory installing, fixed adb copies
v0.6 - Multi-OS Release(Windows, MacOSX, Linux)
v0.7 - Suttle detailed additions + stabilization

... Should work out as planned hopefully.

ChrisAC84

Nov 11, 2009
Clinton, TN
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I need some help. I am using an Evo 4G, and have the phone connected, but when I try to install it tells me "Please Connect Phone" I have tried connecting as Disk Drive, and also tried it as Charge Only. Anyone have any clue how to do this?

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
I need some help. I am using an Evo 4G, and have the phone connected, but when I try to install it tells me "Please Connect Phone" I have tried connecting as Disk Drive, and also tried it as Charge Only. Anyone have any clue how to do this?

You need to have USB Debugging enabled on your Android phone. Upon plugging that sucker in your computer, you should get an "Add New Device" window which you need to guide through to install ADB drivers for your device for this program or any ADB powered program to work.

Find USB Debugging in the Applications Settings within 'Settings' itself (Your phone will tell you when you have Debugging enabled and will show and extra icon beside the USB disk drive/charge only)

ChrisAC84

Nov 11, 2009
Clinton, TN
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You need to have USB Debugging enabled on your Android phone. Upon plugging that sucker in your computer, you should get an "Add New Device" window which you need to guide through to install ADB drivers for your device for this program or any ADB powered program to work.

Find USB Debugging in the Applications Settings within 'Settings' itself (Your phone will tell you when you have Debugging enabled and will show and extra icon beside the USB disk drive/charge only)

Thanks! Worked like a charm!:D

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
I use this as my main stay app installer, but the only thing missing is a running log as it's going on..so if it say's "failed install" i know what it failed on so i can just throw that one in again and see if it works, or manually install that one...

Noted! thanks. Check out http://0m3ga.net/blog. I'm developing a complete revamp of iAPK. I intend to incorporate as much as I can from user feedback to make something amazing.

rooie60

Jun 17, 2009
please expleen how it works,chould i instal the APK installer on the phone first?? en drag and drop the APK application in it?
Please help me i am from holland and does not understand so good
thanx

qberty

Aug 16, 2009
0m3ga.net
please expleen how it works,chould i instal the APK installer on the phone first?? en drag and drop the APK application in it?
Please help me i am from holland and does not understand so good
thanx

iAPK runs on a Windows operated machine. Download iAPK, run it on windows. Plug in your phone, then drag an APK onto iAPK.

MicroMina

Sep 14, 2009
This is great really..
I'm waiting for the "double-click to install"

Thank you for making my life easier!

vercetti

Oct 25, 2009
hey qberty!

tried this app (version 0.3) but it doesn't work with me:

- android sdk is installed (been flashing roms for 1year already), usb debugging enabled of course
- phone is attached and enabling it as "charging" or "harddrive" gives me identical errors
- i drag 2 apps to the window, then it says it's flashing 2 apps but with each app it just says "installing apk", then "install failed, skipping...", in the end the process complete window says "0 successfull apk installs. 2 failed apk installs."
- i'm on win7, 64bit (running it as administrator i can't even drop apks onto the window)

can you please help?!

thx,
v.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, straight to it.

This is iAPK Suite 0.9. The newest incarnation of iAPK. It's functions have been vastly increased, while keeping it's sole purpose still unique.

The new version of iAPK merits it a new name, iAPK Suite. This means it not only installs APKs, it is a full fledged manager. It installs, deletes, backups, and restores APKs from your respective Android devices. Aside from being drag 'n' drop friendly, i've incorporated a tremendous amount of useful features. Hell, it even signs APKs with a simple click.

There are currently two versions. iAPK Suite and iAPK Mini. The Suite version allows full APK management, while the mini just has simple drag and drop as well as the docking panel without any other APK functions which makes the file size practically cut in half.

Mind you, the usage of this application gets a lot easier when you learn all of the shortcuts I implemented to making things a lot quicker. A wiki will be made to explore everything about iAPK and how to use every function i've built into it, even the not so obvious ones ;)

..:: Screenshots ::..

untitled_k26.png
    2_00f.png

3_99L.png
    4_9F8.png

5_pa6.png

..:: Features ::..
    - Sleek Drag n' Drop User Interface
    - Docking Panel
    - File Type associations with .apk files
    - APK Management
    - Signs APKs
    - Drag Multiple APKs for installation
    - Drag Folders containing APKs for installation

..:: Wiki ::..

iAPK Suite 0.9 Wiki *DOWN*

..:: Download ::..

Download iAPK Suite for Windows (LINK UPDATED JUNE 2012)

..:: Issues/Todo ::..

- adb sometimes has an issue with apks installed from folders with spaces in their name. (Working on a fix)
    - small animation glitches tend to appear depending on the environment. (Does not pose any functional problems)
    - a system tray icon needs to be added to allow for easy configuration of certain adb options/switches. (Working on)
    - several adb switches need to be added to allow forced apk installed (-r) and other various tags. (Working on)
    - deleting apks has not been testing thoroughly. (Waiting for feedback)
    - iAPK needs an installer instead of being just compiled into a zip. (Working on)

..:: Changelog ::..

v0.9
    + Added quicker docking panel
    + Added File type associations with .apk files
    + Added APK management through the Android Device Bridge (adb.exe)
    + Added APK manifest dumping using the Android Asset Packaging Tool (aapt.exe)
    + New UI built from scratch
    + New Information panel notifier
    + Added a mini version for smaller file size

v0.3
    + Added Update Checker(Now notifies the user if an update is available)
    + Added Directory APK Installing(Not tested)
    + Now checks to see if adb is in $Path or already specified instead of always making a copy of adb locally(Not tested)
    + Added a configuration panel(Intended for internal use, otherwise no use right now)
    - Taken out some un-needed functions(may work a little faster for some people)

++ Will be available for Mac OSX, Linux in the next release.
    ++ Will incorporate a default filetype & shortcut for windows(allows auto-install on doubleclick)

v0.2
    + Added Multiple APK Installing functionality (Drag and Drop multiple APK's)
    + Cleaned up some more code
    + Operation manager for internal use (Allows for batch calculation and apk management)
    + Added small tool tip for future use
    + Added an operation summary at the end of each..operation.
    - Taken out 99.9% of the popups
    - Taken out clunky option gear graphic

++ Coming soon... Just mention it.

This application works globally for ANY Android Device. Posting it in here is just because i'm in this sub-forum a lot. But this application will work with ANY Android device. It would be nice if this thread was pinned for easy access :D
    Just like my other project, I will be restarting this with a new an improved version.

The reason I began this again is because I am now integrating an android application that would let you install your app without having it plugged in (over lan or the internet, but NOT wifi-adb). The reason for this is because it will allow people to use the android app in combination with iAPK to do mass APK backups and restores a lot more easily. Plus a lot more features.
    Terribly Sorry, I had left these forums to the HTC Vivid area. I thought XDA would've notified me when someone posts in this thread. Well anyway. It's not down.

Get iAPK 0.9 here @ 0m3ga

*EDIT*
    I'll update the first post as well.

This thread will be in a better place for this wonderful app @ Android Software Development