unloack storage memory

Search This thread

saransoft

Aug 30, 2005
Hi
one time i run harrir extrom unlock and this will loack my storge mamory and i can not unloack it i download unlock cab but this wasent work
when i want to unloak this message will show :
FL_IOCTL_BDTL_HW_PROTECTION

please help me what shold i do to unlock my storage memory :cry: :cry:

DAz999

Aug 13, 2005
South-West
RE: Extra Storage

Another method I used.

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Alpine/Extra Storage unlocker

Copy the exe in the zip file to your Alpine, then tap to run on pda. It doesn't show a finished message.
I use 'resco explorer', with show hidden etc in the settings, I haven't tried to vew with only the standard file explorer, it may work as well.
Goto Windows on your pda and you should see a folder called 'shared' it should show 60.9mb free. If you do use Resco Explorer and hold your stylus on the shared folders and select properties, you can change all the attributes (Hidden, Archive, Read, Write and ROM), although I haven't needed to. :lol:

apoujade

Dec 6, 2004
Hello

I'm be happy that a way seems to be real, but it do not work on my 2020I.
I select unlock Extrom, but the Extrom is no visible, so i select Unhide and it say to me to do soft reset. After it, i don't see any Extrom. Only way is to use original LoadVisk, but it is writeProtected.

Where i am in fault ?

Thank's

QTEK 2020I ROM 1.124 French

DAz999

Aug 13, 2005
South-West
Confused loadvisk does not access ext rom?????

I'm confused about loadvisk. I thought it unlocked the ext ROM, but no it only gives access to your RAM not to extended rom.

I tried the other tool on here unhide, unlocked, where do I access the rom in my file explorer?

so please ignore my previous posts about loadvisk.

How can I reverse loadvisk to hide the shared folder again?

sorry if this is a bit jumbled, I'm just finding out about this stuff myself :cry:

apoujade

Dec 6, 2004
Thank's for reply

But it do not work.
If i use loadvdisk_493.exe, it show Extended_Rom as entry, that is the same result as LoadVdisk.exe that exist in Windows directory. I can't modify files inside Extended_Rom and it as this name, not Shared folder. It is not a folder but new media and with resco 5.22 i can't change attributes because it do not permit to media, only with files or folder.

Secondly, if i use Exttrom_200_250.exe, i can't write to in Extended_Rom.

Is this write for you ??

QTEK 2020i ROM FR

DAz999

Aug 13, 2005
South-West
RE: EXT Memory

Hi,

Loadvisk has nothing to do with extended memory, it creates a virtual disk of your Program RAM (see 'Memory' on you PDA). This shows as a folder called 'shared' in Windows, when you copy files to this folder, the look at your memory, you will see that it stores in your program section of your memory and so I wouldn't bother with it.

I have had a good look around and I can find nothing to unlock the true extended memory, only the tool you used to unhide it.

You can flash your extended memory with the 2577 method, but this is not ideal for users who just wnat to access and write to ext memory.

Full details link below

http://en.pdamobiz.com/en/forum/PDAforum_posts.asp?TID=373&PN=1

pug

Jul 25, 2005
There is another method to write to the extended rom but is far more involved than the method DAz mentioned. It does actually write to the Extended ROM so it therefore survives a hard reset and allows you customise the ROM with programs and remove stuff you don't use like the bloody annoying O2 active crap.

I've used it and can say that with a little patience it is fairly easy to do, although trial and error is required sometimes. Some programs don't seem to install from a hard reset however most do (Pocket Plus, Resco Explorer, TCPMP etc work fine).

Here's the link:

http://en.pdamobiz.com/en/forum/PDAforum_posts.asp?TID=373&PN=1

Happy modding.

yakupg

Dec 20, 2010
Perfect! Exttrom_200_250.exe
It works ! I can´t beleve it !
my XDA IIi storage write protect 3 years