[ROM][32B/Dream][Dec23][Dwang][Donut][Speed and Stability][v1.17.1]

Search This thread

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
Tried fix_permissions and didn't work. This time I was able to capture a logcat (attached).
Will try formating everything from sd but that requires a bit of preparation so I can reinstall everything :(

yeah these are the same errors I saw when I was testing out a2sd. formatting the 2nd partition will fix it.

pascanu

Jan 22, 2009
Tg. Mures
yeah these are the same errors I saw when I was testing out a2sd. formatting the 2nd partition will fix it.

Is there a quick way to format and then copy/reinstall all my apps that you think should work? I have a few ideas (including tricking switchrom) but most of them will probably fail. It's not the apps themselves (I can figure out how to backup and then reinstall them) it's their data and settings that I don't want to loose.

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
Is there a quick way to format and then copy/reinstall all my apps that you think should work? I have a few ideas (including tricking switchrom) but most of them will probably fail. It's not the apps themselves (I can figure out how to backup and then reinstall them) it's their data and settings that I don't want to loose.

I don't know. I just format (or rm -R *) and just reinstall from scratch.

discohero

Aug 28, 2009
Have installed the ROM but can't get google maps to acquire my location gps icon runs but no lock on location. Location is only acquired through the network. Also, location not showing up on weather widget donate. Anyone else having these probs?

Last edited:

vlcchan

Jul 15, 2009
i have problem with my keyboard on dream. alt-j become [ instead of : for example. all the alt keys are messed up. i am using English(UK) locale

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
i have problem with my keyboard on dream. alt-j become [ instead of : for example. all the alt keys are messed up. i am using English(UK) locale

ROM only supports US keyboard layout for now. I'll look into adding different layouts over the weekend when I have more time.

MrMind10

Jan 20, 2009
question Dwang, Do i have to install this rom in order (1.0-1.1-1.2) or can i just go straight to 1.2? Ty in advance.:)

ma401

Jun 8, 2006

I ran into this problem too.. except I have a North American dream (Rogers) and I was using English(US) as the locale.

ma401

Jun 8, 2006
I ran into this problem too.. except I have a North American dream (Rogers) and I was using English(US) as the locale.

Just posting to say that the 1.3 update fixed this for me.. and WOW does this ROM fly! Thanks man this is my favorite 1.6 ROM yet!

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
v1.4 is out

v1.4 http://drop.io/cyhgit3#

* Update build.prop files to stop ota update. Still may need to download the update to complete stop the it.
* Re-compiled kernel and removed all debugging output. Should speed things up a bit.

If you are seeing slowdown and constant data usage. The phone may be trying to download the OTA update. To stop this go to:

Settings -> About Phone -> System updates

and click on software download. After its done, reboot and verify that your system is currently up to date. This should stop the ota updates.

vlcchan

Jul 15, 2009
i flash 1.4 on top of 1.2 and error msg appear. i then wipe first and screen remain black after the android icon for half an hour. have to roll back to 1.2

vlcchan

Jul 15, 2009
forgot the error msg when i just update. here's the logcat for wiped. it keep looping and screen remain black after android logo

W/SurfaceComposerClient( 144): lock_layer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) layer=0, lcblk=0x4030c020, state=00000042 (was 00000042)
E/System ( 157): Failure starting core service
E/System ( 157): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/System ( 157): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:1875)
E/System ( 157): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanDirLI(PackageManagerService.java:1771)
E/System ( 157): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.<init>(PackageManagerService.java:497)
E/System ( 157): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.main(PackageManagerService.java:266)
E/System ( 157): at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:112)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service
I/SystemServer( 157): Starting Status Bar Service.
E/SystemServer( 157): Failure starting StatusBarService
E/SystemServer( 157): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/SystemServer( 157): at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.getIcon(StatusBarIcon.java:143)
E/SystemServer( 157): at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.<init>(StatusBarIcon.java:65)
E/SystemServer( 157): at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.makeStatusBarView(StatusBarService.java:306)
E/SystemServer( 157): at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.<init>(StatusBarService.java:237)
E/SystemServer( 157): at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:194)
I/SystemServer( 157): Starting Clipboard Service.
I/SystemServer( 157): Starting Input Method Service.
E/SystemServer( 157): Failure starting Input Manager Service
E/SystemServer( 157): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/SystemServer( 157): at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiverInternal(ApplicationContext.java:782)
E/SystemServer( 157): at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiver(ApplicationContext.java:757)
E/SystemServer( 157): at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiver(ApplicationContext.java:751)
E/SystemServer( 157): at com.android.server.InputMethodManagerService.<init>(InputMethodManagerService.java:437)
E/SystemServer( 157): at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:209)
I/SystemServer( 157): Starting NetStat Service.
I/SystemServer( 157): Starting Connectivity Service.
W/dalvikvm( 157): threadid=25: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001da38)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): Uncaught handler: thread ConnectivityThread exiting due to uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): *** EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS. System will crash.
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.app.ActivityThread.getProvider(ActivityThread.java:3938)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.app.ActivityThread.acquireProvider(ActivityThread.java:3967)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationContentResolver.acquireProvider(ApplicationContext.java:1514)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.content.ContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContentResolver.java:579)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:147)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getString(Settings.java:472)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getString(Settings.java:1649)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getInt(Settings.java:1689)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.getPersistedNetworkPreference(ConnectivityService.java:182)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:47)
E/AndroidRuntime( 157): at com.android.server.ConnectivityService$ConnectivityThread.run(ConnectivityService.java:87)
I/Process ( 157): Sending signal. PID: 157 SIG: 9
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'batteryinfo' died
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'telephony.registry' died
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'usagestats' died
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'SurfaceFlinger' died
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'entropy' died
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'power' died
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'clipboard' died
I/ServiceManager( 48): service 'netstat' died
I/Zygote ( 156): Exit zygote because system server (157) has terminated
E/installd( 55): eof
E/installd( 55): failed to read size
I/installd( 55): closing connection
W/SurfaceComposerClient( 144): lock_layer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) layer=0, lcblk=0x4030c020, state=00000042 (was 00000042)
D/AndroidRuntime( 222):
D/AndroidRuntime( 222): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
I'll look into the black screen more over the weekend. This issue only seems to affect a2sd. Doesn't happen on the magic where I don't implement a2sd.

If you ever see a black screen, you can do this to fix it every time.

go into shell and run:

cd /system/sd
rm -R *

reboot

Last edited:

vlcchan

Jul 15, 2009
i did clean up dalvik-cache folder after wipe, i do have app folder but it was working on 1.2 and others roms too.

Top Liked Posts