Official LineageOS 14.1 Q&A thread

Search This thread

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Use this thread for questions, help and anything else about LineageOS that does not belong to the ROM development itself, thank you.

FAQs
  • Does LineageOS support VoLTE? YES
  • If I install LineageOS will I lose MotoActions? We have our own implementation of MotoActions configurable under Settings -> Gestures, so the answer is No
  • Your ROM is unrooted, can I install SuperSU? We discourage SuperSU usage, flash our su package (arm) and then enable root access from Settings -> Developer options.

Last edited:

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi @Alberto97, thanks a lot for your precious work for osprey. Just wanted to know whether dual sim is properly implemented in lineage OS? As posted by some users dual sim especially data switch is broken.

Data switch is not broken, simply when switching from wifi to mobile data sometimes you need a reboot to make mobile data working (it happened just twice here in months)

Fede79

Mar 9, 2010
Casilda
Moto G7
Excuse me, but what is the route to turn off led on charge? (Didn´t see this thread and post same question on original)
I've already figured it out. From the search option - enter (ba) - Battery light - turn off

Last edited:

amisvk

Oct 19, 2012
is audio fx operational?
I can't see any difference in audio.If it is not working removal from the builds is a good option or not?

vj9716

Dec 29, 2013
Dwarka
Use this thread for questions, help and anything else about LineageOS that does not belong to the ROM development itself, thank you.

FAQs
Does LineageOS support VoLTE? YES
If I install LineageOS will I lose MotoActions? We have our own implementation for MotoActions configurable under Settings -> Gestures, so the answer is No
Your ROM is unrooted, can I install SuperSU? We discourage SuperSU usage, flash our su package (arm) and then enable root access from Settings -> Developer options.

Hi I really appreciate your work. Although I would want to know if in future there will be an option to disable one SIM in dual SIM phones.

You have any idea how to disable single SIM?

Thanks

Reactions: JJamesC

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi I really appreciate your work. Although I would want to know if in future there will be an option to disable one SIM in dual SIM phones.

You have any idea how to disable single SIM?

Thanks
That feature generally relies on closed source qcom components though looks like motorola uses its own implementation. Additionally I have a single sim variant of osprey and I don't want to include anymore components that I can't test, I already did a big mistake with IMS/VoLTE support.

This may actually be a development question, but I'm going to err on the side of caution and post here first, then see if @Alberto97 thinks it's worth elevating to the dev thread.
I have an XT1540 2GB/16GB osprey on MetroPCS (T-Mobile MVNO reseller in the US), and I had successfully managed to get Pokemon Go working for several versions of the 7.1 releases.
Specifically using iSu by @bhb27 (thanks! :D), which renames the su binaries when toggled on, and then puts them back when toggled off. No Xposed framework (I know, I know; don't even think about it near a CM development thread), no Magisk, no Chainfire or phh SuperSU... always making backups with Titanium Backup then restoring things one at a time (and re-doing system settings, not restoring) after a full wipe & clean flash. Using TWRP 3.0.2-r5 and a known-good MicroSD card.

Versions where I think it worked:
CM 14.1 (Dec 25 & 27 builds)
Lineage Unofficial (Jan 12, 13, & 14 builds - I know those were supposed to be for just the CDMA variant, but they also seemed to have the side effect of making the GPS and PoGo work again)

Versions where it hasn't worked:
LineageOS Unofficial (Jan 10 and before): Would NEVER get a GPS fix, no matter how long I left it running. GPS Status was able to get a location properly, even in device-only mode; it just wasn't passing through.
LineageOS Official (Jan 25): Gets a GPS fix, but seems to fail SafetyNet attestation, both with official root add-on from lineageos.org applied then hidden with iSu, and with a fresh install that doesn't even have the root add-on package installed.
Again, that's with internal storage/data/system/cache/dalvik/your mom all wiped and a clean install.

So, CM/LOS used to pass SafetyNet, at least well enough for Pokemon Go to successfully sign in with my Google account credentials, merely by renaming/deleting the su binaries. Now it doesn't. Is that due to how the add-on package applies root vs. how it was baked-in before? Any recommendations on what to try? I know it's not everyone's highest priority, but my wife & I enjoy playing when we go for a walk, so being able to continue doing a favorite activity on my favorite ROM is something I'd appreciate immensely. :)

Reactions: SayantanRC

UtkKing

Jan 20, 2017
If I flash this lineage rom using twrp , will I lose root access?? If yes, then how will I root again? Pls help... And what are the things which are not working in this rom..?

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
If I flash this lineage rom using twrp , will I lose root access?? If yes, then how will I root again? Pls help... And what are the things which are not working in this rom..?
Yes if you flash lineage you will not have root access as the ROM does not have root built-in. You have to flash lineage provided root zip or SuperSU 2.79+ after flashing ROM+Gapps.

Last edited:
Reactions: msr.22 and UtkKing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FAQs
    • Does LineageOS support VoLTE? YES
    • If I install LineageOS will I lose MotoActions? We have our own implementation of MotoActions configurable under Settings -> Gestures, so the answer is No
    • Your ROM is unrooted, can I install SuperSU? We discourage SuperSU usage, flash our su package (arm) and then enable root access from Settings -> Developer options.
    Hi @Alberto97 I was having Night Light in quick tiles in your 14 Dec Unofficial build but I can't see the tile in Official One??

I did not release anything that day, that is a CM13 feature that is coming back anyway
    I just want to know why vowifi and 64bit not supported yet by this rom as the processor is officially supports both of the futures.
    @IronTechmonkey & @Alberto97
    our device (kernel, device trees ) library and driver is based on 32 bit.. so motrola need to release 64bit based driver or library for any sms8916 device, which is not possible...
    so technically ya our device is support 64 bit but practically our device is limited with 32bit..
    so its hard to port from 32 bit ti 64 bit...
    and alberto97 tried to port 64 bit... but due to lack for sensors drives he abounded that one...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Hi guy i have a problem with the memory management whenever i keep download in mobile after sometime it shutdown the browser i went to battery option and i did the do not optimize for battery for the browser but it didn't work still my ongoing download automatically close, please help me

@IronTechmonkey had reported on JIRA that he felt the low memory killer (LMK) defaults are overly aggressive for 1 GB RAM devices. You can tinker with the LMK settings using something like KernelAdiutor and see if it improves your experience.

I do intend to look at tweaking the defaults when I have more time to test memory management on a 1 GB RAM device myself.
    Nice to see an apology about this year's LOS April Fools joke, particularly regarding the fact that the joke included a persistent notification which confused people, and that LOS specifically apologized to the maintainers who were not involved in that decision but had to hear complaints about it in forums such as XDA and elsewhere.

https://lineageos.org/An-April-Apology/

IMHO, no such jokes have any place in development or any product testing (whether community or industry based) for the same reasons cited in the apology - the undermining of trust, and this one was worse than usual. Have a joke in a marketing or administrative department but don't prank the testers.

(P.S Please pardon my quasi spamming this note across a few threads for devices on which I test LOS)