Accelerometer? (Vegacomb)

Search This thread

mmace

Feb 11, 2009
Leeds
Hi guys, I'm on the latest Vegacomb, I can play Need For Speed or SpeedX using the accelerometer, however, if I try Turbofly 3D (Wipeout clone) or something like Satellites AR then the accelermoter doesn't work at all

UPDATE:
Krazy Karting - the cars just turn right
Riptide GP - even with graphics on lowest setting it takes nearly a second to respond to turning, this makes the game near impossible to play (works perfectly on highest setting on my Galaxy Nexus)

any ideas?

Last edited:

premieral

Aug 17, 2008
did turbofly work on any other rom , i have always played it with screen controls because even with a perfectly working accelerometer on all my other games it never worked on this game, and i have used all the available roms :)

pramanta

Mar 2, 2011
i think Turbofly 3D is also having problem on dropad a8 tablet, guess the game got bug.

mmace

Feb 11, 2009
Leeds
Krazy Karting - the cars just turn right
Riptide GP - even with graphics on lowest setting it takes nearly a second to respond to turning, this makes the game near impossible to play (works perfectly on highest setting on my Galaxy Nexus)

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Sorry for late reply.
You can try how precise the accelerometer is with this app.
If you can't access it thru the market (like me) I've extracted the apk from my phone and put it on megaupload.
Sorry I can't tell you how precise it is on my unit, because the accelerometer is broken and I will send my unit back for repair in few days/weeks.
This app is monitoring only z-position (green) and it's not moving, but it should go up/down if I move my tablet around.
On my phone all positions are jumping up/down when I move my phone.
I hope that this app works for you and you can see the latency, or how good your accelerometer works on your tablet.

Reactions: mmace

mmace

Feb 11, 2009
Leeds
Sorry for late reply.
If you can't access it thru the market (like me) I've extracted the apk from my phone and put it on megaupload.
Sorry I can't tell you how precise it is on my unit, because the accelerometer is broken and I will send my unit back for repair in few days/weeks.
This app is monitoring only z-position (green) and it's not moving, but it should go up/down if I move my tablet around.
I hope that this app works for you and you can see the latency, or how good your accelerometer works on your tablet.

Cheers, it force closes on mine :(

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
OK, I'm back with some news.
After 1 month my tablet's accelerometer just started working on it's own again. :D
And here are the results of my findings:

Riptide GP v1.0.1 and v1.3:
- With G-Sensor: it just turns right
- Without G-Sensor: it just turns left
That is all in normal tablet position (landscape).
But if I turn the tablet in portrait (90-degrees left), then I can steer left/right with 1 second delays but the game is not playable anyway because the picture is turned 90-degres. :(

Krazy Kart Racing v1.2.7:
- With G-Sensor: reverse steering
- Without G-Sensor: perfectly normal steering, no lag whatsoever
Only the graphics was a little bit low, but it's OK. :)

And the "Accelerometer" app I gave you worked flawlessly!
All three positions were jumping up and down and there we no delay, everything worked snappy (with or without G-Sensor enabled).

I tried all these on stock Android v2.2!
Hope that helps, but I know you have other problems with your tablet right now. :(

Reactions: mmace

slybunda

May 6, 2010
i have the exact same problem you described in riptide with the stock 2.2 rom. how did you manage to fix it? whats this accelerometer app that you mention?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for late reply.
    OK, I'm back with some news.
    After 1 month my tablet's accelerometer just started working on it's own again. :D
    And here are the results of my findings:

Riptide GP v1.0.1 and v1.3:
    - With G-Sensor: it just turns right
    - Without G-Sensor: it just turns left
    That is all in normal tablet position (landscape).
    But if I turn the tablet in portrait (90-degrees left), then I can steer left/right with 1 second delays but the game is not playable anyway because the picture is turned 90-degres. :(

Krazy Kart Racing v1.2.7:
    - With G-Sensor: reverse steering
    - Without G-Sensor: perfectly normal steering, no lag whatsoever
    Only the graphics was a little bit low, but it's OK. :)

And the "Accelerometer" app I gave you worked flawlessly!
    All three positions were jumping up and down and there we no delay, everything worked snappy (with or without G-Sensor enabled).

I tried all these on stock Android v2.2!
    Hope that helps, but I know you have other problems with your tablet right now. :(