[FAQ] >> RBAP for miniCM7 by nAa, nAa's kernel X10mini/X8/x10miniPRO .: 03/12/2012 :.

Search This thread

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
andrux-and-me.blogspot.com
Moto G
Moto E
[FAQ] >> RBAP for miniCM7 by nAa, nAa's kernel X10mini/X8/x10miniPRO .: 03/12/2012 :.

Read Before Asking Please

FAQ for MiniCM7, nAa kernel, FXP (should be added soon) and any other custom rom maybe ;)
reading may answer to lots of your questions !

for X10mini, X8 & x10miniPRO

PresentationSmall.jpg

• since people do not pay attention at this FAQ linked in miniCM7 first post,
    [*]i decided to create a new thread dedicated to Q&A about miniCM7 and nAa's kernel ;)
  • this thread is the place of your questions, answers, tips about nAa's kernel and miniCM7 by nAa
  • so please, as usual, read FAQ, use search option or anything else before asking commonly answered questions ;)
  • the FAQ will be incremented when needed :)
  • the Q&A are in random order :p

before all the Q&A below : one is most important :
in order to install miniCM7 2.1.X you NOW need :
- to read this upgrade guide
- to read that post
- to unlock your bootloader (see also here)
- to flash nAa's kernel for X10mini, for X8, for x10miniPRO

if not, you will brick your phone. -> read this then, that may help you : !!!!
--> i think it is still too small ...

something else that is useful to read before asking :

Here we (nearly all? XDA members, regardless of being devs or only users [like me], me at least ) don't care about your good/bad English ;) the important is trying to be understood and to understand the content of the threads :)

only ask things you can't find, or you don't understand, please if you don't understand something in any process tell us exactly where is your problem : it will optimize the answer ;)

sometime rephrasing things can make you understand better, feel free to help us for making the most understandable sentence for anybody :)

i'm always trying to use a proper English (not so easy for a non native English ^^)
but if there's something misunderstood because of my English your are welcome to correct me :)

BUT if you don't make the effort to read, I won't make the effort to answer :p (ok, you can't read everything... but read the minimum ;) )

that's it :)

Instructions regarding miniCM7-2.1.X installation:
  • Download the latest all-in-one package from the release link that follows
  • Backup your /data contents: contacts, apps, sms, etc. or backup via recovery
  • Move the MiniCM7-xxx.zip to the root folder of your sdcard and rename it to update.zip. Optionally, download the suggested Google Apps for CM7 (check http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/ if you want to experiment with other gapps versions)
  • Unlock your bootloader, if you haven't already, using the stuff in unlock/ folder. Check http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254225 for a nice tutorial
  • Flash the nAa kernel using Flashtool. To to this:
    - Turn off your phone
    - Start the Flashtool\X10FlashTool.exe and select Flash. Then select the E10_nAaxxx kernel firmware (this flashes both the kernel.sin and the loader.sin)
    - Keep the back button pressed while connecting the usb cable. Flashtool should detect your phone and flash the kernel.
    - Once done, disconnect the usb cable and power on the phone.
    Once the logo appears, press the back button repeatedly to enter CWM4.x.
    - Select 'backup and restore -> Backup'
    - Select 'wipe data/factory reset' (SUGGESTED)
    - Select 'apply update from sdcard'
    - Flash gapps
  • Reboot (first boot will take ~2 mins)
  • Once your device has booted, you can navigate to CM Settings -> System -> Update notifications and select 'Register'. This way you can get update notifications on new versions of MiniCM7!

>>>IMPORTANT GUIDE FOR USERS WITH PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS. <<< by ronaldvalles, thx to him :)

miniCM website is now available
clic on the red text above ;)
Chatroom for support is now available

register, and then enjoy :)

tell your device's name, and the rom+kernel you are using

for quick search, use ctrl+f and enter keyword, you should find an answer to your question :)

1/ I can’t see incoming call number, what can I do ?
Change CM Settings -> Lockscreen -> Style options -> Incoming call style choose sliding tabs

2/ my LED is not blinking properly :( is there any way to change that?
If you’re using miniCM 2.0.5 you must delete delete /system/lib/hw/lights.x10mini.so
If you’re using miniCM 2.0.6 & 2.0.7, 2.1.0,2.1.1, 2.1.2or2.1.3 you must delete /system/lib/hw/lights.robyn.so with rootexplorer or any other file manager that allows you to explore and modify root files
handcent led settings does not work properly with lights.robyn.so :)
of course, you need to reboot your phone after that.
then : After the restart, go to CyanogenMod settings/Interface/LED notifications/Advanced make sure everything is unchecked, select Reset and then reboot again.
also try this : go to CyanogenMod settings/Interface/LED notifications/Advanced then tick and untick "random colors" this may solve everything :) if not :
By ticking and unticking everything a few times randomly, I probably triggered the random flag to update correctly, thus fixing the blinking color. Now I can select a color and have it blink normally.

you can"t delete the file? see q33/ ;)

REDELETE AFTER EACH UPDATE if you have the same problem SINCE THE FILE IS REWRITTEN;)

this Q/A2 is also True for all builds of MiniCM9 and 10

3/I want SE stock keyboard on this ROM !!
Just long press on any txt you’re typing on, “choose input method” then choose default input

4/ I’m already running an older version on miniCM7 (2.0.4 for example) do I have to perform a factory reset/ full wipe ?
There’s no need to factory reset in that case
you may have to perform this to avoid performance issue : here

5/ I’m already running an older version on miniCM6 (1.0.2 for example) do I have to perform a factory reset/ full wipe ?
Yes, absolutely, same as if you were under gingerDX, SE stock rom or any other non miniCM7 based. you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved

q4/ and q5/ : to upgrade from any version of miniCM below 2.1.X you need an unlocked bootloader, and to flash nAa's kernel !
all is explain in the first lines of this post ;)

6/ how can I activate overclock or undervolt ?
Open CMsettings/performances/CPUsettings/ then tick overclock OR undervolt, undervolt is automatically activated with overclock.
Remember not to tick “set on boot” option if you’re trying frequenies upper than 710 that could make your phone unstable or being damaged.
for miniCM7 2.0.6 you also need to flash the module hotfix to see overclock/undervolt working :)
no need to install that for 2.0.7, see Q 16/ :)

for nAa07+ and miniCM7-2.1.6+, Open CMsettings/performances/CPUsettings/,
Remember not to tick “set on boot” option if you’re trying frequenies upper than 710 that could make your phone unstable or being damaged.
Since OC is now embedded in kernel, no module to enable (so OC option disappeared!), if you want to OC only, just choose the freq, if you want to undervolt too, tick undervolt option !

7/ i'm actually using Xrecovery can i install miniCM7 directly ?
no, you can't, you first need to install clockworkmod recovery from the link given in the first post (put in on the root of your sd card, then reboot to recovery, "install custom zip", reboot : cwm recovery is now installed, you can flash this ROM :) )

8/ i can't download some apps from the market :(
download 'market enabler' and select T-mobile Usa as fake provider, then retry to search and download them. that should work

9/ random problems that are unknown for anyody?
  • reflash the rom, i.e. reinstall the rom zip trough recovery
    &/or
  • first backup, then do a factory reset, or restart from the beginning, it could solve lots of problem (you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved)
  • you may have to perform this to avoid performance issue : here

10/ i own a X10miniPRO (u20i) does this ROM suites to this phone?
NO,No, and No this ROM is ONLY for X10mini (e10i/e10a) not for any other phone [a version is also available for X8, in the X8 section.]
edit : there is a version for minPRO available here so the ROM suites to X10mini, X8 and X10miniPRO in their respective version :)

11/ my battery is draining so fast ... what should i do ?
first calibrate your battery by fully charging your phone, then reboot into recovery, select Advanced/Wipe Battery Stats and then unplug and reboot
if there's no improvement so far
- see if there's app running always in the background
- look in CyanogenMod settings/Interface/LED notifications/Advanced make sure radom is not ticked

12/ i have installed minicm7 when i power on the phone it stuck on cyanogen 7 logo. what should i do.
does your phone comply to the conditions of the first post ?
if yes and if you can access to CWMrecovery, then reflash the rom and/or factory reset (you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved)

if not or if you can't access to CWM use Sony Ericsson Update Service to recover your phone as if it was out of the box (you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved)

13/ in the default input method, when i scroll down/up the "-,?,!,@,_ ..." & emoticons menu until it stops itself, the keyboard remains froozen
rotate your screen and this will be fixed, and don't scroll this violently ;)

14/ app2SD and other features aren't working with 2.0.6, why is that?
for miniCM7 2.0.6 you also need to flash the module hotfix to see all the modules working (oc; uv; app2sd...) :)

15/

The radio starts playing on speaker instead of on handsfree.
you may first need to choose speaker, and then handfree to route radio correctly (may happen each tile the radio is started...)

16/ i want to install 2.0.7, do I have to install hotfix from 2.0.6?
no you don't : each hotfix is specific of each version
"module hotfix" was for 2.0.6 not 2.0.7 :)

17/ where are market, gmail and other google apps ????
you seem not have read carefully the first post : you need to flash gapps via CWM after flashing the ROM in order to use google services!

18/
With CM7 I need a ext partition? I have a standard 2GB card with the X10 MINI and I did not do anything with partitions, is that ok?
nAa's first post!!! said:
App2sd / Dalvik2sd compatible with 2.1 app2sd (storing to ext2/3/4 pre-existing partition is detected and mounted as such)
Gingerbread's native App2sd (storing to fat)
there is an app2sd storing to FAT feature.
so you don't need any ext partition
but if you have an ext partition on your SD, then it should be used automatically.

19/
Hi folks!

I have tried to find in this thread info on how to enable the sonyericsson version of android market, but i with no luck.
I reply to myself after getting help from matmutant.

I was looking for two different things: Getting the Sony Ericsson menu to the market, and enabling the Road Sync app that's free for SonyEricsson X10 mini users

To enable the SonyEricsson market, you need to edit the /system/build.prop file. Please be careful when you edit the file. If you mess up the file, you might get a phone that you can't boot (this can be fixed, cause i messed up a couple fo times ;) I explain this later).

You can either just change the keys, or do like below: comment the old values with a # as the first char on the row, and write the new below.
Code:
#ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sonyericsson
ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-sonyericsson
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-sonyericsson
ro.com.google.clientidbase.vs=android-sonyericsson
ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-sonyericsson

For enabling the RoadSync app (or i guess any other app that want's to verify that it's running on a real SE-phone), then do these changes:

Code:
#ro.product.model=X10mini
#ro.product.brand=SE
#ro.product.name=robyn
#ro.product.device=robyn
#ro.product.board=robyn
ro.product.model=E10i
ro.product.brand=SEMC
ro.product.name=E10i_1237-0392
ro.product.device=SonyEricssonE10i
ro.product.board=delta

#ro.product.manufacturer=SE
ro.product.manufacturer=Sony Ericsson

As I mentioned earlier, i messed up the /system/build.prop file at one point. To get this fixed, i just rebootet into recoverymode, and mounted /system. After this i could use adb (found in the android-sdk) to copy back an corrected build.prop (./adb push build.prop /system/build.prop)

I had also an other issue with the android-market app. It crashed and got stuck a couple of times, so i fixed this by uninstalling the recent update from manage applications->All->Market.

I hope my changes don't break anything for the CM7, so please if you know that CM7 needs any of these keys i changed in build.prop, then please inform me :)

20/ i can't pull off the notification menu by pressing the bottom of the screen after opening notifications... only for 2.0.7 and previous builds!
it is somewhat hard to close notifications like this (sometime easy sometimes not.) just press back button and all would be fine ;)

regarding 2.1.0+ and custom kernel :

my phone is laggy with 2.1.0 and crashes when screen goes off

it seems that on some phones, lockscreen is related to phone crash:
waiting for a fix,DustArma found a workaround :
To everyone who has the lockscreen crashing problem, just disable it.

Go to Menu > Settings > CM Settings > Tablet tweaks > Disable lockscreen.

Now it won't freeze, but of course you won't have a lockscreen, that could be fixed by downloading a custom lockscreen from market though
I can confirm that replacement Lockscreens from the market, such as WidgetLocker and Simply Lockscreen will work, so just follow my instructions to disable the lockscreen and then download a replacement one from the market, this will be a good enough workaround until nAa fixes the lockscreen reboot issue some of us are having.

---> reported to work. the phone won't freeze anymore, nor need reboots ;)

BETTER WAY : flash miniCM7-2.1.1 that seems to fix the lock screen problem with carrier.

21/ I notced weird behaviour of CWM recovery tool.

In some options, e.g wipe cache/factory data or install zip from sdcard i receive otpions like this:

- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- No
- Yes
- No
- No

Could You fix it please ;)
This is normal with CWM 4.x, this is to avoid that by mistake you choose YES if it have only 2 options!?!

That way, if you really want to apply YES it will be because you really want.... :p

22/ on 2.1.0 & 2.1.1 nAa kernel 02&03, at boot i don't have sony ericsson logo but a blue distorted image instead, is this normal?

attachment.php

Hi,
I've been loocking in the forum this problem but I can not find it.
>>> answered 2000 times, even after the answer being added here.
After unlock the bootloader, when the phone startup show a worng image with blue lines before show the boot animation.

yes it is normal, this is a kernel bug, don't worry about that :) it has been fixed since nAa_kernel 04
when you see that thing it's time to press back button if you want to access recovery :)

23/ offline charging doesn't work, and my phone boots instead when i plug it to charge, why?

for 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3,2.1.4 & 2.1.5 there is no offline charging due to kernel+cwm (not implemented yet ?), as a result, the phone boots up
fixed with nAa kernel07+miniCM7-2.1.6 ! :)

24/ "portable wi-fi hotspot" works fine.
while Charging it keeps connected.
However, when not on charge, the phone turns to sleep and disconnects

Is there a way not to make it keeping connected when idle ?
Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > Click the left button and choose advanced > Wifi sleep policy > choose never ( i think u chose never when plugged in )
waiting for a better answer... this one doesn't change anything since wifi hotspot and wifi are unrelated
for now there is no good answer, this issue should be fixed later

25/ where can i find themes for my mini? (theme chooser themes...)

themes that are fully compatible with our mini are called LDPI so look for LDPI themes !!
here are some themes : pedrocel85 thread
sensified theme : NTsense
sony blue
sony green
CM9 like theme : by ronaldvalles
theme reference : here

flashable theme : black HTC --> WARNING : this destroys stocktheme of CM and takes place instead !!

26/ i'have some problem for sending mms (data enabled) --> with CM7 you just CANT send mms without data enabled
in that case :
I think that this is a common issue with CM7 and not just MiniCM7 (I experienced it on my DHD too).
Here is a small workaround for now:
Before sending the mms, disable data traffic, then enable it again and then send your mms.
You have to do it every time, before an mms but it is working for me.

Regards, D_d

27/ i need to delete chargemon to boot up to the right recovery but :
i deleted chargemon but cwm 4.x can't mount sdcard!!!! please help!!!!!!

--> reboot normally and press back button, do not use the software way of booting to recovery
also try to reboot with the hardware combination : power+back , and then back multipress :)

each reboot rebuild the chargemon
so each time it fails you need to redelete it ;)

28/ for ext issue, read that :
It is failing to mount sd-ext, script /etc/init.d/05mountsd is failing with:

I/mountsd ( 1160): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 7 seconds...
I/mountsd ( 1164): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 6 seconds...
I/mountsd ( 1168): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 5 seconds...
I/mountsd ( 1172): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 4 seconds...
I/mountsd ( 1176): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 3 seconds...
I/mountsd ( 1180): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 2 seconds...
I/mountsd ( 1184): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 1 seconds...
E/mountsd ( 1189): SD not found (/dev/block/mmcblk0)

I added the following mknod lines to /etc/init.d/05mountsd:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# mount ext[234] partition from sd card

mknod /dev/block/mmcblk0 b 179 0
mknod /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 b 179 1
mknod /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 b 179 2

BB="logwrapper busybox";

and it is working now
i modified the script and pushed it into the phone with adb: now everything is fixed!!!
this is a small guide:

download android sdk
download the fixed script and unzip it then copy it into the sdcard
launch a command line and To start the SDK Manager, please execute the program "tools/android"

./android

from the graphic menu install the platform tools
after the installal,go in the platform-tool directory and give theese commands

./adb remount
./adb shell

cp /sdcard 05mountsd /etc/init.d/05mountsd

then reboot the phone
now all apps in sd-ext partition are back!

here is the file >> direct link
here is the flashable zip (EASY INSTALL)
original fix
go there to thank them :

rogeliodh's post
chicco's post
maxadamo

29/ strange output while unlocking bootloader?

read this ;) (may help you :) )

30/ after unlocking the BL, my no more recognize the SIM card... What should i do?
DarkestPriest said:
first, if you are not using stock ROM reflash stock ROM&kernel with SEUS then relock, re root etc ...

31/ CM native Screenshot doesnt work what can i do?
reboot once or twice :)
alternative (not validated for now)
with a root explorer app go to /system/app find CMScreenshot.apk ,
choose Install (replace) ,
system says trough a box: "APP not installed",
then Reboot and voila working again :D

32/ about miniCM7-2.1.2+ :
Guys I don't see the MIUI battery bar change...how do I apply it???

cm settings>interface>status bar tweaks>battery style? option "status bar".

33/ how to edit/delete stuff in /system using rootexplorer?
in the top of rootexplorer there is a button (mount r/w)
touch it, then it will say the /system is mounted as read/write and the button becomes (mount r/o) or something like that
you now can edit the files :)

34/ if you disabled the bootanimation, the first boot after applying update will seem to be VERY VERY VERY long with a black screen. don't be afraid ;)
for 2.1.6+, when bootanimation is disabled, the kernel bootlogo is displayed instead, after a purple led blinking once :)

35/ can i apply update 2.1.3 without flashing nAa kernel05 ?
you shouldn't try, 2.1.3 is dependent to kernel05 !

36/ how do i enable USB tether?
settings > wireless and network > network sharing

37/ i've got an issue with SDcard : i can't install the rom since CWMrecovery says that sdcard cannot be mounted !
download sdcard formatter from here and format the sd
then copy/paste update and CWMrecovery should mount sd and install update successfully ;)
(thx to r95)

37b/
Linkinsoldier said:
hi,
my wifi stopped working and i couldn't scan for any wifi!
Linkinsoldier said:
i removed my existing network and re-adding them solved the problem!

NEXT QUESTIONS ARE POST : #6

POST #3 : useful links, tweaks & thks

... read all this, again and again, ;)

Last edited:

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
Moto G
Moto E
I MADE THIS ONLY FOR X10mini, THIS MAY BE COMPATIBLE WITH X8/X10miniPRO BUT NO TESTS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED YET

1somes usefull links will be added here :

flashtool (use 0.2.9.1)
Flastool last version
SEUS found in MIN thread by dr.norton
optimal config & supercharger (thread by Pedrocel85)
unlock how to
unlock how to 2
what is the use of priority for settings in setcpu?
summary for x10mini/pro
debrick your mini
last chance debrick
miniCM wallpaper by D_d
SD formatter
flashplayer for X10 mini (use the download link for armv6) use it at you OWN risk.
[how to] change X10mini battery
IMPORTANT GUIDE FOR USERS WITH PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS. >>> and here !
Stock kernel for X10 mini ! (not pro)
denoobing, reference and help for x10miniPRO (mimmi) thx to static28

themes that are fully compatible with our mini are called LDPI so look for LDPI themes !!
sony blue
sony green

(nearly)-Safe to remove apps :

here is my list:
(these first ones thanks to pedrocel and his optimal config thread)
DSP Manager
Gmail
Google Maps
Latitude
FOTA KILL (gOOGLE OVER THE AIR UPDATES)
Pico TTS (text to speech program/interface - if ypu arent blind u dont need it)
Voice Dial
Voice Search
(these others thanks to bojler in lets free up some memory thread)
androidian - 4MB - useless theme for me, which even isnt ldpi
browser - 320 kb - really bad browser, i use dolphin browser
calculator - i use realcalc
cmstats
cmupdatenotify useful if you want to be notified fr coming updates
cmwallpapers - 2,5MB
cyanbread - 3,6 MB also useless theme
dspmanager - always drains battery in background, and i really havent see any difference in playing music with it
email -1,5 MB - there are better alternatives
file manager - i use rootexplorer
latinime - 13 MB - i dont use this keyboard, its really too hard to use it on our devices, when you delete it, automatically is used standard multitap sony keyboard
livewallpapers - 3,8 MB if you dont use them you can delete this too
livewallpaperspicker you need it if you don't use quickpick ...
orangehaze - 1,7 MB - also, i don't use this theme
protips - that annoying android guy what is providing you tips on first boot after flashing
quicksearchbox 1,0 MB - i also dont use this, on mini pro, when opening keyboard on launcher, that search box launches.
soundrecorder - also, i use different apps for this purpose
genie widget
google books
weather and news (or newspapers, i dont remember the exact name)
an app called car home or something like that...

I think that's all :)

some tests about my config :

Dithering is enabled (wiki) so my performance may be lower than yours ;)

values are reall unstable for each test;
if someone has some time to loose, he can make 10 tests for each settings :p

theses test have been made with an old version of miniCM7, will be updated later :)
ondemand
@ max691MHz
7.9MFLOPS
1659 antutu score

@ max600Hz (no UV, no OC)
7.6MFLOPS
1606 antutu score

smartass(v2)
@ max691MHz
8.1MFLOPS

1643 antutu score

@ max614MHz :
7.1MFLOPS
1517 antutu score

@ max600MHz (no OC, no UV)
7.5MFLOPS
1618 antutu score

interactiveX --> this cpu usage policy seems to be the best ratio atm

@ max691 MHz
7.1MFLOPS
1586 antutu score

@ max600MHz (no UV, no OC)
7.5MFLOPS
1550 antutu score

scary : with miniCM7 2.1.3
max CPU clock @691MHz
min CPU clock @122MHz
scary CPU governor
compcache disabled
JIT enabled
dithering enabled
transparency 16bits enabled
purging of assets (bitmap) diabled
home in RAm disabled
SMS/MMS in RAM disabled
VM heap size 32m
SDcard cache size 128kB

no tweaks like supercharged, OOM fixes, compache or anything else enabled

average score : 1782 (using antutu benchmark 2.4.1)

UPDATE:
antutu score : 2000!!@768MHz ondemand
(with no optimization add-on, all animations enabled, dithering, many apps installed and so on : this is not the optimal config for benchmarks...)
attachment.php
attachment.php

some more cool pics :
screenshot-1327342189281.png
screenshot-1327342321847.png

screenshot-1327342812868.png
screenshot-1327343187188.png

for more info : follow me on twitter ;)

for battery life i use interactiveX@691MHz, undervolt enabled!

you want to switch quickly between a battery saving mode and performance??
here is a somewhat simple solution >>>> CPU/governor easy and quick switching
it allows you to switch min/max CPUclock, CPU governor and enabling disabling undervolt just by pressing one widget

supercharger optimization that can be usefull ;) :

before updating to newer miniCM,
  • unsupercharge,
  • delete supercharger backups and
  • update to the new miniCM,
  • then resupercharge if you want
if you don't do that, you may experience some tricky problems if unsupercharging newer miniCM !

if you didn't, ofc don't complain about performance problem

SuperCharger v6 update9-RC1 ONLY for SuperCharger v6 update9 6.2.2 see the middle/end of this post!

first optimization:

• 1 Download SCRIPT MANAGER FROM MARKET
  • 2 Go to this thread and download SuPERCHARGER SCRIPT 6 update9-RC1
  • 3 Open program, load the script, Tick option run as ROOT.
  • in program dialog, type "1(fast)" and "enter"
  • 4 answer properly to asked questions by the script !!
  • 5 In main Dialog, type "4" "super UL (aggressive)" and "enter"
  • 6 type 30 (exit) and then "enter" -->at the top you see: running becoming exit code0
  • 7 press "close" (it was "kill" while the script was running)
  • 8 reboot
  • 9 now your phone uses supercharger, you don't need to run it again

another one that seems to be better for our phone (since miniCM7-2.1.3) :

another opti : (i tested and approve this to be somewhat working ;) )
After many tests, I've found the best setting for my phone!
Use only grouping fixes OOM + bulletproof launcher script v6 supercharger, compcache kickasskernelizer standard 18% and tweaks!
The CPU is 600MHz!
I confess that I never had my phone as fast and as stable at the moment!
Back to share more news ...

• 2 Go to this thread and download SuPERCHARGER SCRIPT 6 update9
  • 4 in program dialog, type "1(fast)" and "enter"
  • 5 In main Dialog, type "13" "OOM grouping fixes + bullet proof launcher" and "enter"
  • 6 type 30 (exit) and then "enter" -->at the top you see: running becoming exit code0
  • 8 reboot
then settings > CMsettings > performance > compcache > 18% ; reboot

do NOT use the two at the same time, i recommend the second for better results (at least it is better on my phone)

if you want to undo theses opti :

• 1 run the script
  • 2 choose 1 (fast)
  • 3 choose 15 (UnSuperCharger)
  • 5 wait
  • 8 reboot
  • 9 now your phone uses no more supercharger.

of course, if you have any comment about the tweaks, better tweaks or anything else (e.g comments about the way of introducing the process...), please tell me

____

third opti that yo may want to try :

Good combination with:
Spare Parts program:
Windows Animations FAST
Transition Animations FAST and this script http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111145
Compcache 18%

delete the languages that you dont need.
system/usr/keyboard-config-languages-delete all languages that you dont need...
/system/fonts delete arabic(1.1mb)fallback(3.47mb)japannese(1.12mb)
/system/media/audio-delete all the sounds that you dont need..

Feel free to ask me about adding new answers, or anything that could be useful for users.
this thread is made for this ;)

for my FAQ, i need to say thanks especially to :

Blagus
ChavitoArg
chicco
Dark_dog
Dettofatto
Doixanh
dr.norton
FrenchKoR
Gustavo RD78
Gx3
Linkinsoldier
maxadamo
Maxfron
Mrakoris/
NobodyAtall
Pedrocel85
pollob666
r3drogo
rogeliodh
ronaldvalles
Rooterdam
SpyderX
The_Laser
Yenkazu
yomiguy

for their help, their knowledge, or anything else they did that helped me to create this FAQ :)
and many many others that i can't remember (if i forget some names please notify ;) )

Last edited:

gallardo5

Apr 8, 2011
Glasgow
i have done everything fine (unlocked bootloader and installed custom kernel) and made 2nd partition on SD card but when i open LINK2SD i`m getting trouble. sometimes it`s making script but after reboot i need to make script again and again. it can`t mount second partiton. what i have to do to get app2sd working?

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
Moto G
Moto E
i have done everything fine (unlocked bootloader and installed custom kernel) and made 2nd partition on SD card but when i open LINK2SD i`m getting trouble. sometimes it`s making script but after reboot i need to make script again and again. it can`t mount second partiton. what i have to do to get app2sd working?

from which rom did you upgrade ?
I don't really understand why do you use link2sd since this feature is embedded in the rom ...
you should better delete the content of the ext partition and use gb app2sd feature :)

FAQ second part since there's a max number of letters(...) per posts

38/
The Sound icon on the Taskbar does not switch on and off the sound - it doesn't change the phone's state to silent, only vibrating, ringing or ringing with vibration. The other 3 icons work well - the BT, Wi-Fi and the GPS switch on and off with no problem, but the Sound and vibration... Why is that?
  • settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification widget status bar i.e option 2 ("gestion de alimentation" in French) , > widget buttons (i.e option7),
  • scroll nearly to the end to find sound (ring) modes,
  • tick the options you need, then accept
  • now it should work :)
if you have problem with any widget button try a similar solving way ;)

39/ if you have any problem with flashing using flashtool, theses posts may help you :
original explanation by hakanyildiz
rephrased by alex_gm

40/ why do i have an annoying pop up asking for unlock key when i boot up my phone?
after little talk with one my friend we figure it out why in some provider is asking this code and in some not( like my case)
The reason is: This ROM is not legal I mean the original one from the Sony who before opening to users in theirs regions firs will be sent to operators , operators check it and then when you use for example Vodafone.de Vodafone.de if aprove the Sony ROM send a notification to users for a update is ON. When users updates their phone with the operator passed ROM they can be ''seen'' by the operator what type of phone with what type ot Android they are use and can send them auto setings like the APN MMS and etc.

If you want see the truelles of this just call your operator and ask them for auto APN . Try it if you have x10 mini with stock rom and with x10 mini with this one ;)
In firs one operator say you : Ok i see in system you are using x10 mini vith android 2.1 i will send you the setings . But with this room she/he ask you what type of phone do you use bicoz I cant see it on system.
This is same wit the automated operator menus too : when you pres 4 (for example ) in voice menu and ask for a auto internet setings the autovoice say sorry we not support you phone yet will try again later.
This is not big deal for now bicoz the most of operators APN is already configuret but if you use operator who is not includet you cant use mobile data bicoz you not have APNs.

That is wy this code is asking for when you put some of providers sim some of them make theirs system in that way ... its more easy for them but for us is just annoing popup window :D
>>> thk him for this please :)

41/ how can i disable the network lock dialog after pin input? (miniCM7-2.1.5)
to disable the network lock dialog after pin input, add this line at the end of your build.prop (/system/build.prop)
Code:
ro.telephony.ril_skip_locked=true
then reboot
to re-enable change the value to "false", or delete the line :)

how to : use rootexplorer,
go to the right place,
then long press on the file,
choose "open in text editor" in the scrolling menu

and add the line at the end of the file​

42/
ETA: Estimated Time of Arrival i.e. when something is expected to arrive/be finished. :)

43/
BééHach said:
i can't find my wifi network but some other are discovered by the phone, how to fix it?
Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings and press the menu button.
Choose 'Advanced' and in the 'Regulatory domain' option, change the number of channels from 11 to 14.

44/ you feel wrong with autobrightness ?

maybe this can help you (i did not try, i prefer not to :p but instead of flashing blindly, open it and see what has changed :))

45/ problem with google precache?
Hi to denlille and all others,

to get Google Maps Precache working with x10mini / e10i
edit your /system/build.prop and add
Code:
ro.opengles.version=131072

I added that line above ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1
- reboot after editing and maybe
- delete app data of maps

Here is the link of the thread i found it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1158183

46/ if you have a instable connection, you may read the following :)
Hi everyone, my 3g conection was really unstable and i delete this lines in build.prop:

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Now my data start inmediatly and the conection is stable again.
Ps: it may not work for all, because my 3g works on other freq bands.

47/ What is exactly WLOD? :?

it is the led that turns on in white when a kernel panic happens (unix's BSOD [Blue Screen Of Death that happens on windows when a critical hard/software error happens and needs the system to freeze to prevent a data loss)

White Led Of Death is meant to help to see from where comes the bug (i.e. if it comes from kernel : white led!)

some more precisions about the LED : here !

48/ concerning wifi, if it stops working at all, first try to delete wpa_supplicant.conf in data/misc/wifi or read Qs 24, 37b and 43

49/
Dualtouch:

If you want to enable the fake DT by dx (instead of andrej456's which is the default), you have to insert the following line in the /system/etc/hw_config.sh file:

insmod /system/lib/modules/synaptics_i2c_rmi4_dt.ko​

If you want to remove the fake DT altogether, insert the following line in the /system/etc/hw_config.sh file:

insmod /system/lib/modules/synaptics_i2c_rmi4_no_dt.ko​

50/ Hmm... So the new a2sd is essentially data2ext? Will I have problems upgrading as I'm on ext2, which is not supported?

Sent from my E10i using XDA App

Here's a brief explanation for A2SD/DC2SD/Swap:

A2SD/DC2SD only makes sense if you have /data that is over 200MB i.e. many apps.
Swap is useful if you need to run memory-hungry apps or wanna have more apps loaded in memory.

Any size for swap should be good depending on your needs (e.g. 128MB). To verify a2sd is loaded, run df via adb shell. It should show /data/app and /data/app-private mounted in /sd-ext.
Also /data/dalvik-cache should be mounted to /sd-ext/dalvik-cache if DC2SD is chosen.
To verify swap is used, try the command 'free' via adb shell.

None of the above are for the everyday/novice users. You have to know what you are doing.

51/ A2SD, WTF? (bis)

explanation of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22505939#post22505939 for dummies:

A2SD

What is a2sd?

It's other metod to save applications in SD.

How prepare your SD?
In Windows: Use http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html or other tool partition. Create a ext4 partition in your SD.
In Ubuntu: Use gparted for create ext4 partition

How activate? (thanks to ferotakis)
1. Format SD and partiton it with CWM on phone make yor ext part and swap if yo want swap ig not live it 0
2. Install minicm7
3. Go to CM seting under performance put the a2sd (first show none till reboot)
4. Go to CM then hit apps and tick the "allow app moving to external "
5. Open terminal and type free
6. Go to CM again then performance again then to a2sd and chek there must no say NONE and must be a2sd
7. Install some apps then rootexplorer and browse in root dir on your phone you will saw ext folder open it and look your apps will be there
8. Thanks again if you missed to NAa
9. Learn some Linux
10. Go outside and show your fr and bbf your amazing phone

Last edited:

gallardo5

Apr 8, 2011
Glasgow
I don't really understand why do you use link2sd since this feature is embedded in the rom ...
you should better delete the content of the ext partition and use gb app2sd feature :)

i updated from MiniCM7 2.0.7. and I want to use link2sd because i`m installing a lot of apps on the phone and i need them to still work when i`m mounting SD Card to the PC. i`m trying to make it work from about 3 days but still nothing:(:(:(:(:(:(

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
Moto G
Moto E
i updated from MiniCM7 2.0.7. and I want to use link2sd because i`m installing a lot of apps on the phone and i need them to still work when i`m mounting SD Card to the PC. i`m trying to make it work from about 3 days but still nothing:(:(:(:(:(:(

but if you create an ext partition, it should be recognized by GB native app2sd... and you will be able to only mount fat part of your sd .. no?

gallardo5

Apr 8, 2011
Glasgow
but if you create an ext partition, it should be recognized by GB native app2sd... and you will be able to only mount fat part of your sd .. no?

i moved GMail with native GB app2sd but when i`m mounting SD Card to PC GMail and another apps are stopping to work:(:(:(:(:(

edit: i`m not sure to which partition native GB app2sd is moving apps but i tried to do this with ext2,3,4 and FAT32 and it didn`t work with any of them

Last edited:

pedrocel85

Sep 14, 2009
Rio de Janeiro
hey mat, check out this script, already added in my optimal configuration thread:

Supercharger v8 Memory optimize script.

1 Download SCRIPT MANAGER FROM MARKET
2 Go to this thread and download SuPERCHARGER SCRIPT
3 Open program, load the script, Tick option set on boot.
4 in program dialog, type "1(fast)" and "enter"
5 In main Dialog, type "2" agressive one" and "enter"
6 Hit back button, click in run in background.
7DONE

Reactions: matmutant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Read Before Asking Please

FAQ for MiniCM7, nAa kernel, FXP (should be added soon) and any other custom rom maybe ;)
    reading may answer to lots of your questions !

for X10mini, X8 & x10miniPRO

PresentationSmall.jpg

• since people do not pay attention at this FAQ linked in miniCM7 first post,
      [*]i decided to create a new thread dedicated to Q&A about miniCM7 and nAa's kernel ;)
    • this thread is the place of your questions, answers, tips about nAa's kernel and miniCM7 by nAa
    • so please, as usual, read FAQ, use search option or anything else before asking commonly answered questions ;)
    • the FAQ will be incremented when needed :)
    • the Q&A are in random order :p

before all the Q&A below : one is most important :
    in order to install miniCM7 2.1.X you NOW need :
    - to read this upgrade guide
    - to read that post
    - to unlock your bootloader (see also here)
    - to flash nAa's kernel for X10mini, for X8, for x10miniPRO

if not, you will brick your phone. -> read this then, that may help you : !!!!
    --> i think it is still too small ...

something else that is useful to read before asking :

Here we (nearly all? XDA members, regardless of being devs or only users [like me], me at least ) don't care about your good/bad English ;) the important is trying to be understood and to understand the content of the threads :)

only ask things you can't find, or you don't understand, please if you don't understand something in any process tell us exactly where is your problem : it will optimize the answer ;)

sometime rephrasing things can make you understand better, feel free to help us for making the most understandable sentence for anybody :)

i'm always trying to use a proper English (not so easy for a non native English ^^)
    but if there's something misunderstood because of my English your are welcome to correct me :)

BUT if you don't make the effort to read, I won't make the effort to answer :p (ok, you can't read everything... but read the minimum ;) )

that's it :)

Instructions regarding miniCM7-2.1.X installation:
    • Download the latest all-in-one package from the release link that follows
    • Backup your /data contents: contacts, apps, sms, etc. or backup via recovery
    • Move the MiniCM7-xxx.zip to the root folder of your sdcard and rename it to update.zip. Optionally, download the suggested Google Apps for CM7 (check http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/ if you want to experiment with other gapps versions)
    • Unlock your bootloader, if you haven't already, using the stuff in unlock/ folder. Check http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254225 for a nice tutorial
    • Flash the nAa kernel using Flashtool. To to this:
      - Turn off your phone
      - Start the Flashtool\X10FlashTool.exe and select Flash. Then select the E10_nAaxxx kernel firmware (this flashes both the kernel.sin and the loader.sin)
      - Keep the back button pressed while connecting the usb cable. Flashtool should detect your phone and flash the kernel.
      - Once done, disconnect the usb cable and power on the phone.
      Once the logo appears, press the back button repeatedly to enter CWM4.x.
      - Select 'backup and restore -> Backup'
      - Select 'wipe data/factory reset' (SUGGESTED)
      - Select 'apply update from sdcard'
      - Flash gapps
    • Reboot (first boot will take ~2 mins)
    • Once your device has booted, you can navigate to CM Settings -> System -> Update notifications and select 'Register'. This way you can get update notifications on new versions of MiniCM7!

>>>IMPORTANT GUIDE FOR USERS WITH PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS. <<< by ronaldvalles, thx to him :)

miniCM website is now available
    Chatroom for support is now available

register, and then enjoy :)

tell your device's name, and the rom+kernel you are using

for quick search, use ctrl+f and enter keyword, you should find an answer to your question :)

1/ I can’t see incoming call number, what can I do ?
    Change CM Settings -> Lockscreen -> Style options -> Incoming call style choose sliding tabs

2/ my LED is not blinking properly :( is there any way to change that?
    If you’re using miniCM 2.0.5 you must delete delete /system/lib/hw/lights.x10mini.so
    If you’re using miniCM 2.0.6 & 2.0.7, 2.1.0,2.1.1, 2.1.2or2.1.3 you must delete /system/lib/hw/lights.robyn.so with rootexplorer or any other file manager that allows you to explore and modify root files
    handcent led settings does not work properly with lights.robyn.so :)
    then : After the restart, go to CyanogenMod settings/Interface/LED notifications/Advanced make sure everything is unchecked, select Reset and then reboot again.
    also try this : go to CyanogenMod settings/Interface/LED notifications/Advanced then tick and untick "random colors" this may solve everything :) if not :
    By ticking and unticking everything a few times randomly, I probably triggered the random flag to update correctly, thus fixing the blinking color. Now I can select a color and have it blink normally.

you can"t delete the file? see q33/ ;)

REDELETE AFTER EACH UPDATE if you have the same problem SINCE THE FILE IS REWRITTEN;)

this Q/A2 is also True for all builds of MiniCM9 and 10

3/I want SE stock keyboard on this ROM !!
    Just long press on any txt you’re typing on, “choose input method” then choose default input

4/ I’m already running an older version on miniCM7 (2.0.4 for example) do I have to perform a factory reset/ full wipe ?
    There’s no need to factory reset in that case
    you may have to perform this to avoid performance issue : here

5/ I’m already running an older version on miniCM6 (1.0.2 for example) do I have to perform a factory reset/ full wipe ?
    Yes, absolutely, same as if you were under gingerDX, SE stock rom or any other non miniCM7 based. you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved

q4/ and q5/ : to upgrade from any version of miniCM below 2.1.X you need an unlocked bootloader, and to flash nAa's kernel !
    all is explain in the first lines of this post ;)

6/ how can I activate overclock or undervolt ?
    Open CMsettings/performances/CPUsettings/ then tick overclock OR undervolt, undervolt is automatically activated with overclock.
    for miniCM7 2.0.6 you also need to flash the module hotfix to see overclock/undervolt working :)
    no need to install that for 2.0.7, see Q 16/ :)

for nAa07+ and miniCM7-2.1.6+, Open CMsettings/performances/CPUsettings/,
    Since OC is now embedded in kernel, no module to enable (so OC option disappeared!), if you want to OC only, just choose the freq, if you want to undervolt too, tick undervolt option !

7/ i'm actually using Xrecovery can i install miniCM7 directly ?
    no, you can't, you first need to install clockworkmod recovery from the link given in the first post (put in on the root of your sd card, then reboot to recovery, "install custom zip", reboot : cwm recovery is now installed, you can flash this ROM :) )

8/ i can't download some apps from the market :(
    download 'market enabler' and select T-mobile Usa as fake provider, then retry to search and download them. that should work

9/ random problems that are unknown for anyody?
    • reflash the rom, i.e. reinstall the rom zip trough recovery
      &/or
    • first backup, then do a factory reset, or restart from the beginning, it could solve lots of problem (you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved)
    • you may have to perform this to avoid performance issue : here

10/ i own a X10miniPRO (u20i) does this ROM suites to this phone?
    NO,No, and No this ROM is ONLY for X10mini (e10i/e10a) not for any other phone [a version is also available for X8, in the X8 section.]
    edit : there is a version for minPRO available here so the ROM suites to X10mini, X8 and X10miniPRO in their respective version :)

11/ my battery is draining so fast ... what should i do ?
    first calibrate your battery by fully charging your phone, then reboot into recovery, select Advanced/Wipe Battery Stats and then unplug and reboot
    if there's no improvement so far
    - see if there's app running always in the background
    - look in CyanogenMod settings/Interface/LED notifications/Advanced make sure radom is not ticked

12/ i have installed minicm7 when i power on the phone it stuck on cyanogen 7 logo. what should i do.
    does your phone comply to the conditions of the first post ?
    if yes and if you can access to CWMrecovery, then reflash the rom and/or factory reset (you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved)

if not or if you can't access to CWM use Sony Ericsson Update Service to recover your phone as if it was out of the box (you will loose ALL your data that are on phone memory (sms/mms, contacts, calendar...) if you're sync to a google account, your contacts and calendar should be preserved)

13/ in the default input method, when i scroll down/up the "-,?,!,@,_ ..." & emoticons menu until it stops itself, the keyboard remains froozen
    rotate your screen and this will be fixed, and don't scroll this violently ;)

14/ app2SD and other features aren't working with 2.0.6, why is that?
    for miniCM7 2.0.6 you also need to flash the module hotfix to see all the modules working (oc; uv; app2sd...) :)

15/

The radio starts playing on speaker instead of on handsfree.
    you may first need to choose speaker, and then handfree to route radio correctly (may happen each tile the radio is started...)

16/ i want to install 2.0.7, do I have to install hotfix from 2.0.6?
    no you don't : each hotfix is specific of each version
    "module hotfix" was for 2.0.6 not 2.0.7 :)

17/ where are market, gmail and other google apps ????
    you seem not have read carefully the first post : you need to flash gapps via CWM after flashing the ROM in order to use google services!

18/
    With CM7 I need a ext partition? I have a standard 2GB card with the X10 MINI and I did not do anything with partitions, is that ok?
    nAa's first post!!! said:
    App2sd / Dalvik2sd compatible with 2.1 app2sd (storing to ext2/3/4 pre-existing partition is detected and mounted as such)
    Gingerbread's native App2sd (storing to fat)
    there is an app2sd storing to FAT feature.
    so you don't need any ext partition
    but if you have an ext partition on your SD, then it should be used automatically.

19/
    Hi folks!

I have tried to find in this thread info on how to enable the sonyericsson version of android market, but i with no luck.
    I reply to myself after getting help from matmutant.

I was looking for two different things: Getting the Sony Ericsson menu to the market, and enabling the Road Sync app that's free for SonyEricsson X10 mini users

To enable the SonyEricsson market, you need to edit the /system/build.prop file. Please be careful when you edit the file. If you mess up the file, you might get a phone that you can't boot (this can be fixed, cause i messed up a couple fo times ;) I explain this later).

You can either just change the keys, or do like below: comment the old values with a # as the first char on the row, and write the new below.
    Code:
    #ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sonyericsson
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-sonyericsson
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-sonyericsson
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.vs=android-sonyericsson
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-sonyericsson

For enabling the RoadSync app (or i guess any other app that want's to verify that it's running on a real SE-phone), then do these changes:

Code:
    #ro.product.model=X10mini
    #ro.product.brand=SE
    #ro.product.name=robyn
    #ro.product.device=robyn
    #ro.product.board=robyn
    ro.product.model=E10i
    ro.product.brand=SEMC
    ro.product.name=E10i_1237-0392
    ro.product.device=SonyEricssonE10i
    ro.product.board=delta

#ro.product.manufacturer=SE
    ro.product.manufacturer=Sony Ericsson

As I mentioned earlier, i messed up the /system/build.prop file at one point. To get this fixed, i just rebootet into recoverymode, and mounted /system. After this i could use adb (found in the android-sdk) to copy back an corrected build.prop (./adb push build.prop /system/build.prop)

I had also an other issue with the android-market app. It crashed and got stuck a couple of times, so i fixed this by uninstalling the recent update from manage applications->All->Market.

I hope my changes don't break anything for the CM7, so please if you know that CM7 needs any of these keys i changed in build.prop, then please inform me :)

20/ i can't pull off the notification menu by pressing the bottom of the screen after opening notifications... only for 2.0.7 and previous builds!
    it is somewhat hard to close notifications like this (sometime easy sometimes not.) just press back button and all would be fine ;)

regarding 2.1.0+ and custom kernel :

my phone is laggy with 2.1.0 and crashes when screen goes off

it seems that on some phones, lockscreen is related to phone crash:
    waiting for a fix,DustArma found a workaround :
    To everyone who has the lockscreen crashing problem, just disable it.

Go to Menu > Settings > CM Settings > Tablet tweaks > Disable lockscreen.

Now it won't freeze, but of course you won't have a lockscreen, that could be fixed by downloading a custom lockscreen from market though
    I can confirm that replacement Lockscreens from the market, such as WidgetLocker and Simply Lockscreen will work, so just follow my instructions to disable the lockscreen and then download a replacement one from the market, this will be a good enough workaround until nAa fixes the lockscreen reboot issue some of us are having.

---> reported to work. the phone won't freeze anymore, nor need reboots ;)

BETTER WAY : flash miniCM7-2.1.1 that seems to fix the lock screen problem with carrier.

21/ I notced weird behaviour of CWM recovery tool.

In some options, e.g wipe cache/factory data or install zip from sdcard i receive otpions like this:

- No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - No
    - Yes
    - No
    - No

Could You fix it please ;)
    This is normal with CWM 4.x, this is to avoid that by mistake you choose YES if it have only 2 options!?!

That way, if you really want to apply YES it will be because you really want.... :p

22/ on 2.1.0 & 2.1.1 nAa kernel 02&03, at boot i don't have sony ericsson logo but a blue distorted image instead, is this normal?

attachment.php

Hi,
    I've been loocking in the forum this problem but I can not find it.
    >>> answered 2000 times, even after the answer being added here.
    After unlock the bootloader, when the phone startup show a worng image with blue lines before show the boot animation.

yes it is normal, this is a kernel bug, don't worry about that :) it has been fixed since nAa_kernel 04
    when you see that thing it's time to press back button if you want to access recovery :)

23/ offline charging doesn't work, and my phone boots instead when i plug it to charge, why?

for 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3,2.1.4 & 2.1.5 there is no offline charging due to kernel+cwm (not implemented yet ?), as a result, the phone boots up
    fixed with nAa kernel07+miniCM7-2.1.6 ! :)

24/ "portable wi-fi hotspot" works fine.
    while Charging it keeps connected.
    However, when not on charge, the phone turns to sleep and disconnects

Is there a way not to make it keeping connected when idle ?
    Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > Click the left button and choose advanced > Wifi sleep policy > choose never ( i think u chose never when plugged in )
    waiting for a better answer... this one doesn't change anything since wifi hotspot and wifi are unrelated
    for now there is no good answer, this issue should be fixed later

25/ where can i find themes for my mini? (theme chooser themes...)

sony blue
    sony green
    CM9 like theme : by ronaldvalles

flashable theme : black HTC --> WARNING : this destroys stocktheme of CM and takes place instead !!

26/ i'have some problem for sending mms (data enabled) --> with CM7 you just CANT send mms without data enabled
    in that case :
    I think that this is a common issue with CM7 and not just MiniCM7 (I experienced it on my DHD too).
    Here is a small workaround for now:
    Before sending the mms, disable data traffic, then enable it again and then send your mms.
    You have to do it every time, before an mms but it is working for me.

Regards, D_d

27/ i need to delete chargemon to boot up to the right recovery but :
    i deleted chargemon but cwm 4.x can't mount sdcard!!!! please help!!!!!!

--> reboot normally and press back button, do not use the software way of booting to recovery
    also try to reboot with the hardware combination : power+back , and then back multipress :)

each reboot rebuild the chargemon
    so each time it fails you need to redelete it ;)

28/ for ext issue, read that :
    It is failing to mount sd-ext, script /etc/init.d/05mountsd is failing with:

I/mountsd ( 1160): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 7 seconds...
    I/mountsd ( 1164): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 6 seconds...
    I/mountsd ( 1168): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 5 seconds...
    I/mountsd ( 1172): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 4 seconds...
    I/mountsd ( 1176): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 3 seconds...
    I/mountsd ( 1180): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 2 seconds...
    I/mountsd ( 1184): /dev/block/mmcblk0 not ready, waiting 1 seconds...
    E/mountsd ( 1189): SD not found (/dev/block/mmcblk0)

I added the following mknod lines to /etc/init.d/05mountsd:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    #
    # mount ext[234] partition from sd card

mknod /dev/block/mmcblk0 b 179 0
    mknod /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 b 179 1
    mknod /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 b 179 2

BB="logwrapper busybox";

and it is working now
    i modified the script and pushed it into the phone with adb: now everything is fixed!!!
    this is a small guide:

download android sdk
    download the fixed script and unzip it then copy it into the sdcard
    launch a command line and To start the SDK Manager, please execute the program "tools/android"

./android

from the graphic menu install the platform tools
    after the installal,go in the platform-tool directory and give theese commands

./adb remount
    ./adb shell

cp /sdcard 05mountsd /etc/init.d/05mountsd

then reboot the phone
    now all apps in sd-ext partition are back!

here is the file >> direct link
    here is the flashable zip (EASY INSTALL)
    original fix
    go there to thank them :

rogeliodh's post
    chicco's post
    maxadamo

29/ strange output while unlocking bootloader?

read this ;) (may help you :) )

30/ after unlocking the BL, my no more recognize the SIM card... What should i do?
    DarkestPriest said:
    first, if you are not using stock ROM reflash stock ROM&kernel with SEUS then relock, re root etc ...

31/ CM native Screenshot doesnt work what can i do?
    reboot once or twice :)
    alternative (not validated for now)
    with a root explorer app go to /system/app find CMScreenshot.apk ,
    choose Install (replace) ,
    system says trough a box: "APP not installed",
    then Reboot and voila working again :D

32/ about miniCM7-2.1.2+ :
    Guys I don't see the MIUI battery bar change...how do I apply it???

cm settings>interface>status bar tweaks>battery style? option "status bar".

33/ how to edit/delete stuff in /system using rootexplorer?
    in the top of rootexplorer there is a button (mount r/w)
    touch it, then it will say the /system is mounted as read/write and the button becomes (mount r/o) or something like that
    you now can edit the files :)

34/ if you disabled the bootanimation, the first boot after applying update will seem to be VERY VERY VERY long with a black screen. don't be afraid ;)
    for 2.1.6+, when bootanimation is disabled, the kernel bootlogo is displayed instead, after a purple led blinking once :)

35/ can i apply update 2.1.3 without flashing nAa kernel05 ?
    you shouldn't try, 2.1.3 is dependent to kernel05 !

36/ how do i enable USB tether?
    settings > wireless and network > network sharing

37/ i've got an issue with SDcard : i can't install the rom since CWMrecovery says that sdcard cannot be mounted !
    download sdcard formatter from here and format the sd
    then copy/paste update and CWMrecovery should mount sd and install update successfully ;)
    (thx to r95)

37b/
    Linkinsoldier said:
    hi,
    my wifi stopped working and i couldn't scan for any wifi!
    Linkinsoldier said:
    i removed my existing network and re-adding them solved the problem!

NEXT QUESTIONS ARE POST : #6

POST #3 : useful links, tweaks & thks

... read all this, again and again, ;)
    I MADE THIS ONLY FOR X10mini, THIS MAY BE COMPATIBLE WITH X8/X10miniPRO BUT NO TESTS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED YET

1somes usefull links will be added here :

flashtool (use 0.2.9.1)
    Flastool last version
    SEUS found in MIN thread by dr.norton
    optimal config & supercharger (thread by Pedrocel85)
    unlock how to
    unlock how to 2
    what is the use of priority for settings in setcpu?
    summary for x10mini/pro
    debrick your mini
    last chance debrick
    miniCM wallpaper by D_d
    SD formatter
    flashplayer for X10 mini (use the download link for armv6) use it at you OWN risk.
    [how to] change X10mini battery
    IMPORTANT GUIDE FOR USERS WITH PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS. >>> and here !
    Stock kernel for X10 mini ! (not pro)
    denoobing, reference and help for x10miniPRO (mimmi) thx to static28

sony blue
    sony green

(nearly)-Safe to remove apps :

here is my list:
    (these first ones thanks to pedrocel and his optimal config thread)
    DSP Manager
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Latitude
    FOTA KILL (gOOGLE OVER THE AIR UPDATES)
    Pico TTS (text to speech program/interface - if ypu arent blind u dont need it)
    Voice Dial
    Voice Search
    (these others thanks to bojler in lets free up some memory thread)
    androidian - 4MB - useless theme for me, which even isnt ldpi
    browser - 320 kb - really bad browser, i use dolphin browser
    calculator - i use realcalc
    cmstats
    cmupdatenotify useful if you want to be notified fr coming updates
    cmwallpapers - 2,5MB
    cyanbread - 3,6 MB also useless theme
    dspmanager - always drains battery in background, and i really havent see any difference in playing music with it
    email -1,5 MB - there are better alternatives
    file manager - i use rootexplorer
    latinime - 13 MB - i dont use this keyboard, its really too hard to use it on our devices, when you delete it, automatically is used standard multitap sony keyboard
    livewallpapers - 3,8 MB if you dont use them you can delete this too
    livewallpaperspicker you need it if you don't use quickpick ...
    orangehaze - 1,7 MB - also, i don't use this theme
    protips - that annoying android guy what is providing you tips on first boot after flashing
    quicksearchbox 1,0 MB - i also dont use this, on mini pro, when opening keyboard on launcher, that search box launches.
    soundrecorder - also, i use different apps for this purpose
    genie widget
    google books
    weather and news (or newspapers, i dont remember the exact name)
    an app called car home or something like that...

I think that's all :)

some tests about my config :

Dithering is enabled (wiki) so my performance may be lower than yours ;)

values are reall unstable for each test;
    if someone has some time to loose, he can make 10 tests for each settings :p

theses test have been made with an old version of miniCM7, will be updated later :)
    ondemand
    @ max691MHz
    7.9MFLOPS
    1659 antutu score

@ max600Hz (no UV, no OC)
    7.6MFLOPS
    1606 antutu score

smartass(v2)
    @ max691MHz
    8.1MFLOPS

1643 antutu score

@ max614MHz :
    7.1MFLOPS
    1517 antutu score

@ max600MHz (no OC, no UV)
    7.5MFLOPS
    1618 antutu score

interactiveX --> this cpu usage policy seems to be the best ratio atm

@ max691 MHz
    7.1MFLOPS
    1586 antutu score

@ max600MHz (no UV, no OC)
    7.5MFLOPS
    1550 antutu score

scary : with miniCM7 2.1.3
    max CPU clock @691MHz
    min CPU clock @122MHz
    scary CPU governor
    compcache disabled
    JIT enabled
    dithering enabled
    transparency 16bits enabled
    purging of assets (bitmap) diabled
    home in RAm disabled
    SMS/MMS in RAM disabled
    VM heap size 32m
    SDcard cache size 128kB

no tweaks like supercharged, OOM fixes, compache or anything else enabled

average score : 1782 (using antutu benchmark 2.4.1)

UPDATE:
    antutu score : 2000!!@768MHz ondemand
    (with no optimization add-on, all animations enabled, dithering, many apps installed and so on : this is not the optimal config for benchmarks...)
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

some more cool pics :
    screenshot-1327342189281.png
    screenshot-1327342321847.png

screenshot-1327342812868.png
    screenshot-1327343187188.png

for more info : follow me on twitter ;)

for battery life i use interactiveX@691MHz, undervolt enabled!

you want to switch quickly between a battery saving mode and performance??
    here is a somewhat simple solution >>>> CPU/governor easy and quick switching
    it allows you to switch min/max CPUclock, CPU governor and enabling disabling undervolt just by pressing one widget

supercharger optimization that can be usefull ;) :

before updating to newer miniCM,
    • unsupercharge,
    • delete supercharger backups and
    • update to the new miniCM,
    • then resupercharge if you want
    if you don't do that, you may experience some tricky problems if unsupercharging newer miniCM !

if you didn't, ofc don't complain about performance problem

SuperCharger v6 update9-RC1 ONLY for SuperCharger v6 update9 6.2.2 see the middle/end of this post!

first optimization:

• 2 Go to this thread and download SuPERCHARGER SCRIPT 6 update9-RC1
    • in program dialog, type "1(fast)" and "enter"
    • 4 answer properly to asked questions by the script !!
    • 5 In main Dialog, type "4" "super UL (aggressive)" and "enter"
    • 8 reboot

another one that seems to be better for our phone (since miniCM7-2.1.3) :

another opti : (i tested and approve this to be somewhat working ;) )
    After many tests, I've found the best setting for my phone!
    Use only grouping fixes OOM + bulletproof launcher script v6 supercharger, compcache kickasskernelizer standard 18% and tweaks!
    The CPU is 600MHz!
    I confess that I never had my phone as fast and as stable at the moment!
    Back to share more news ...

• 2 Go to this thread and download SuPERCHARGER SCRIPT 6 update9
    • 4 in program dialog, type "1(fast)" and "enter"
    • 5 In main Dialog, type "13" "OOM grouping fixes + bullet proof launcher" and "enter"
    • 8 reboot
    then settings > CMsettings > performance > compcache > 18% ; reboot

do NOT use the two at the same time, i recommend the second for better results (at least it is better on my phone)

if you want to undo theses opti :

• 1 run the script
    • 2 choose 1 (fast)
    • 3 choose 15 (UnSuperCharger)
    • 5 wait
    • 8 reboot
    • 9 now your phone uses no more supercharger.

of course, if you have any comment about the tweaks, better tweaks or anything else (e.g comments about the way of introducing the process...), please tell me

____

third opti that yo may want to try :

Good combination with:
    Spare Parts program:
    Windows Animations FAST
    Transition Animations FAST and this script http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111145
    Compcache 18%

delete the languages that you dont need.
    system/usr/keyboard-config-languages-delete all languages that you dont need...
    /system/fonts delete arabic(1.1mb)fallback(3.47mb)japannese(1.12mb)
    /system/media/audio-delete all the sounds that you dont need..

Feel free to ask me about adding new answers, or anything that could be useful for users.
    this thread is made for this ;)

for my FAQ, i need to say thanks especially to :

Blagus
    ChavitoArg
    chicco
    Dark_dog
    Dettofatto
    Doixanh
    dr.norton
    FrenchKoR
    Gustavo RD78
    Gx3
    Linkinsoldier
    maxadamo
    Maxfron
    Mrakoris/
    NobodyAtall
    Pedrocel85
    pollob666
    r3drogo
    rogeliodh
    ronaldvalles
    Rooterdam
    SpyderX
    The_Laser
    Yenkazu
    yomiguy

for their help, their knowledge, or anything else they did that helped me to create this FAQ :)
    and many many others that i can't remember (if i forget some names please notify ;) )

FAQ second part since there's a max number of letters(...) per posts

38/
    The Sound icon on the Taskbar does not switch on and off the sound - it doesn't change the phone's state to silent, only vibrating, ringing or ringing with vibration. The other 3 icons work well - the BT, Wi-Fi and the GPS switch on and off with no problem, but the Sound and vibration... Why is that?
    • settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Interface > Notification widget status bar i.e option 2 ("gestion de alimentation" in French) , > widget buttons (i.e option7),
    • scroll nearly to the end to find sound (ring) modes,
    • tick the options you need, then accept
    • now it should work :)
    if you have problem with any widget button try a similar solving way ;)

39/ if you have any problem with flashing using flashtool, theses posts may help you :
    original explanation by hakanyildiz
    rephrased by alex_gm

40/ why do i have an annoying pop up asking for unlock key when i boot up my phone?
    after little talk with one my friend we figure it out why in some provider is asking this code and in some not( like my case)
    The reason is: This ROM is not legal I mean the original one from the Sony who before opening to users in theirs regions firs will be sent to operators , operators check it and then when you use for example Vodafone.de Vodafone.de if aprove the Sony ROM send a notification to users for a update is ON. When users updates their phone with the operator passed ROM they can be ''seen'' by the operator what type of phone with what type ot Android they are use and can send them auto setings like the APN MMS and etc.

If you want see the truelles of this just call your operator and ask them for auto APN . Try it if you have x10 mini with stock rom and with x10 mini with this one ;)
    In firs one operator say you : Ok i see in system you are using x10 mini vith android 2.1 i will send you the setings . But with this room she/he ask you what type of phone do you use bicoz I cant see it on system.
    This is same wit the automated operator menus too : when you pres 4 (for example ) in voice menu and ask for a auto internet setings the autovoice say sorry we not support you phone yet will try again later.
    This is not big deal for now bicoz the most of operators APN is already configuret but if you use operator who is not includet you cant use mobile data bicoz you not have APNs.

That is wy this code is asking for when you put some of providers sim some of them make theirs system in that way ... its more easy for them but for us is just annoing popup window :D
    >>> thk him for this please :)

41/ how can i disable the network lock dialog after pin input? (miniCM7-2.1.5)
    to disable the network lock dialog after pin input, add this line at the end of your build.prop (/system/build.prop)
    Code:
    ro.telephony.ril_skip_locked=true
    then reboot
    to re-enable change the value to "false", or delete the line :)

how to : use rootexplorer,
    go to the right place,
    then long press on the file,
    choose "open in text editor" in the scrolling menu

and add the line at the end of the file​

42/
    ETA: Estimated Time of Arrival i.e. when something is expected to arrive/be finished. :)

43/
    BééHach said:
    i can't find my wifi network but some other are discovered by the phone, how to fix it?
    Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings and press the menu button.
    Choose 'Advanced' and in the 'Regulatory domain' option, change the number of channels from 11 to 14.

44/ you feel wrong with autobrightness ?

maybe this can help you (i did not try, i prefer not to :p but instead of flashing blindly, open it and see what has changed :))

45/ problem with google precache?
    Hi to denlille and all others,

to get Google Maps Precache working with x10mini / e10i
    edit your /system/build.prop and add
    Code:
    ro.opengles.version=131072

I added that line above ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1
    - reboot after editing and maybe
    - delete app data of maps

Here is the link of the thread i found it:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1158183

46/ if you have a instable connection, you may read the following :)
    Hi everyone, my 3g conection was really unstable and i delete this lines in build.prop:

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Now my data start inmediatly and the conection is stable again.
    Ps: it may not work for all, because my 3g works on other freq bands.

47/ What is exactly WLOD? :?

it is the led that turns on in white when a kernel panic happens (unix's BSOD [Blue Screen Of Death that happens on windows when a critical hard/software error happens and needs the system to freeze to prevent a data loss)

White Led Of Death is meant to help to see from where comes the bug (i.e. if it comes from kernel : white led!)

some more precisions about the LED : here !

48/ concerning wifi, if it stops working at all, first try to delete wpa_supplicant.conf in data/misc/wifi or read Qs 24, 37b and 43

49/
    Dualtouch:

If you want to enable the fake DT by dx (instead of andrej456's which is the default), you have to insert the following line in the /system/etc/hw_config.sh file:

insmod /system/lib/modules/synaptics_i2c_rmi4_dt.ko​

If you want to remove the fake DT altogether, insert the following line in the /system/etc/hw_config.sh file:

insmod /system/lib/modules/synaptics_i2c_rmi4_no_dt.ko​

50/ Hmm... So the new a2sd is essentially data2ext? Will I have problems upgrading as I'm on ext2, which is not supported?

Sent from my E10i using XDA App

Here's a brief explanation for A2SD/DC2SD/Swap:

A2SD/DC2SD only makes sense if you have /data that is over 200MB i.e. many apps.
    Swap is useful if you need to run memory-hungry apps or wanna have more apps loaded in memory.

Any size for swap should be good depending on your needs (e.g. 128MB). To verify a2sd is loaded, run df via adb shell. It should show /data/app and /data/app-private mounted in /sd-ext.
    Also /data/dalvik-cache should be mounted to /sd-ext/dalvik-cache if DC2SD is chosen.
    To verify swap is used, try the command 'free' via adb shell.

None of the above are for the everyday/novice users. You have to know what you are doing.

51/ A2SD, WTF? (bis)

explanation of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22505939#post22505939 for dummies:

A2SD

What is a2sd?

It's other metod to save applications in SD.

How prepare your SD?
    In Windows: Use http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html or other tool partition. Create a ext4 partition in your SD.
    In Ubuntu: Use gparted for create ext4 partition

How activate? (thanks to ferotakis)
    1. Format SD and partiton it with CWM on phone make yor ext part and swap if yo want swap ig not live it 0
    2. Install minicm7
    3. Go to CM seting under performance put the a2sd (first show none till reboot)
    4. Go to CM then hit apps and tick the "allow app moving to external "
    5. Open terminal and type free
    6. Go to CM again then performance again then to a2sd and chek there must no say NONE and must be a2sd
    7. Install some apps then rootexplorer and browse in root dir on your phone you will saw ext folder open it and look your apps will be there
    8. Thanks again if you missed to NAa
    9. Learn some Linux
    10. Go outside and show your fr and bbf your amazing phone
    if this wont be stickied, I will lose hope in mankind :)
    ashifr5 said:
    THANKS for this amazing kernel :D

but the problem is when i am using this with minicmpro v21 or minicm 7 2.1 the sensor which turns off the screen during call doesnt work! the screen keeps staying awake and whn it gets pressed with the cheek it turns mute/speaker

any help??

Use this fix in the CWM (flashing)... ;)