**Bootlooping Network Problem *FIX INSIDE*

Search This thread

Sax1031

Dec 29, 2011
I think that your paranoia is ruining your experience of your phone. I'm not saying it's not justified but I hope you take my advice so you can build up more confidence in the phone and enjoy it for the reasons you purchased it. If you read my post, then you know not only how to resolve the problem but how to prevent it.

I personally don't use the LTE on/off switch anymore because I felt it was causing network issues, again maybe a coincidence, but after uninstall a lot less signal drops and 1X connections. Unlike the TBOLT, the Rezound has a setting in the network settings that will enable you to switch off LTE if you need to. Don't let your phone die, or turn off your phone if the LTE network is not checked.

So, turn your phone off and not worry about it as long as you abide by the above guidelines. If it turns out I'm wrong, then it's easy to get it back up and running. Since you're worried, go through a dry run of where to switch the LTE on and off so you'll be able to do it without frustration. Once I read the OP I knew what to do and it took me two restarts. One with the back off and then with the back on. Done!

Enjoy your phone dude! Worry about other things..... like when ICS will come to us. :D

KORM via the beast known as the Rezound.

I like the phone a lot.

I just hate worrying about the boot loop. I have no plans on getting a different phone anytime soon. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

merlin66676

Jul 16, 2010
Latest response from HTC that I got yesterday.

Thank you for your response Mike.

HTC is aware of the issue with power cycling and our developers are currently assessing this important matter. At this time I do not yet have the ETA to provide you for an update, however it is an issue of critical importance and the development team is working diligently to correct this for all users of the Rezound.

In preparation for a possible maintenance release, make sure that your phone has the most up to date software available. This will ensure that when updates are available that your phone will be able to install them immediately.

To check your ROM version and see the details of the last update please visit the official HTC web portal at http://www.htc.com/us/support/rezound-verizon/downloads/ .

I deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause Mike, and hope that an update is available for you soon to correct this troubling issue. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we help you to restore your phone to a fully functional state.

merlin66676

Jul 16, 2010
YMMV. When I reboot now I switch to LTE before rebooting and then switch back to CDMA after. Haven't had a bootloop since.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

joblabbo

Jun 11, 2010
Got my rez back from PCD warranty repair it has been almost exactly a month since I sent it out. The tech supposedly soldered a port, I am guessing the charging port. It didn't even make it through the night and started bootlooping to the white HTC screen.

This phone is cursed, I'm selling it once I get it back again.

*update
all is well! PCD replaced both mainboards and runs like a champ!

Last edited:

detroit123

Apr 13, 2008
It is incredible how DUMB these sales clowns are that work at Verizon and all Cellular Stores
I call in today and tell him I have had a Rezound since end of Dec and was he aware of the boot looping issues and he never heard of it. This is Mindboggling since people have been complaining about this for at least 4 months !
all he could say is the phone is under warranty and they could give me a new one; which doesn't solve the problem considering it is a phone issue with HTC
the only way to get any relevant info is to read the forums
the sales idiots are worthless; I had the same issue with Sprint
I called just to see if they had any more info

also, yesterday my phone just suddenly restarted on me while I was holding it; it came back on but this is also troubling

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
It is incredible how DUMB these sales clowns are that work at Verizon and all Cellular Stores
I call in today and tell him I have had a Rezound since end of Dec and was he aware of the boot looping issues and he never heard of it. This is Mindboggling since people have been complaining about this for at least 4 months !
all he could say is the phone is under warranty and they could give me a new one; which doesn't solve the problem considering it is a phone issue with HTC
the only way to get any relevant info is to read the forums
the sales idiots are worthless; I had the same issue with Sprint
I called just to see if they had any more info

also, yesterday my phone just suddenly restarted on me while I was holding it; it came back on but this is also troubling

lol in their defense, i've sold a **** ton of rezounds, and i haven't had ONE person come back in asking about the bootloop problem. despite the fact i know about it, and know how to fix it, nobody else has ever bothered to come in to complain to me about it.

sal_shawn

Feb 14, 2011
I had this problem so I did an insurance claim because my phone rooted. But the same thing happened to my new one and what I did was switch it to airplane mode right a way, let it sit for about 5 minutes and turned the radios back on, and it worked just fine.

CosMiiK

Feb 26, 2012
That same menu can be used to switch to different carriers, if you didnt know. (e.g. AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint, Boost, ect...). I actually tested this on boost with a friends SIM card and it worked fine.

joecoolinatl

May 14, 2008
Lately mine has started bootlooping when switching batteries. (after selecting power off) it's been doing it about 3/4 time for about a week or so. I've just been leaving the back off once I realize what it's doing. annoying tho. hardware rev XA 3.7v std / ext batt non rooted. completely stock. very strange.

merlin66676

Jul 16, 2010
Has anyone that has installed any of the latest leak/hboots seen this issue continue. I have the latest leak and haven't seen it happen since. My guess is they will have it fixed in the next its like they said they will.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

DLink888

Jun 20, 2011
Help!!

I get the same reboot issue as the OP with or without the back on. But the problem is, it reboots before I can get to the phone info to do this. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

snow580

Jul 9, 2010
Minnesota
I just went thru this last night and the fix posted worked perfectly!! Kinda ironic that today I received a certified like new replacement under warranty for data issues I was having.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I get the same reboot issue as the OP with or without the back on. But the problem is, it reboots before I can get to the phone info to do this. Any suggestions?

Did you ever get it working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A factory reset is NOT needed!!

---------------------------------------------
    i decided to do a fresh restart of my phone so i poewred it down, and did a battery pull after the phone was completely off. turned it back on, gets to lock screen, i unlock......sits..loading...screen goes black, and whattya know, white HTC splash screen. a few times. it's bootlooping!

Basically, with the cover off, it stopped bootlooping..therefore, it was a NETWORK ISSUE.

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following: (source http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html)

STEP 1: TAKE BATTERY COVER OFF. this will prevent the phone from trying to connect to the network.

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly.

**UPDATE** A few people are saying that along with taking off their battery cover, they have to REMOVE THEIR SIM CARD AS WELL! i did not have to do this, but some people did. take that into consideration!

(brockeverly stated:
    You may have to take your SIM out for this to work. I did even with the back off. Aside from that, this works fantastic.)

for some reason, this is what happens: under phone info, as it says, it will reset to WCDMA Preferred for NO reason whatsoever! this must have happened when i shut my phone down; other people are reporting that doing "reboot" does this frequently for them! this is the first time in my month of ownership i saw this happen, so this was new to me...but thankfully, we have a fix!

As another way of doing this, Marclile said:

"For anyone interested, you can download this app and get straight into that config menu.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.geoffreybuttercrumbs.lteswitch

I use it to switch from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)". The CDMA auto setting doesn't seem to have the reboot problem, so you should be able to put it on that if you don't want 4G turned on all the time."
    Latest response from HTC that I got yesterday.

Thank you for your response Mike.

HTC is aware of the issue with power cycling and our developers are currently assessing this important matter. At this time I do not yet have the ETA to provide you for an update, however it is an issue of critical importance and the development team is working diligently to correct this for all users of the Rezound.

In preparation for a possible maintenance release, make sure that your phone has the most up to date software available. This will ensure that when updates are available that your phone will be able to install them immediately.

To check your ROM version and see the details of the last update please visit the official HTC web portal at http://www.htc.com/us/support/rezound-verizon/downloads/ .

I deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause Mike, and hope that an update is available for you soon to correct this troubling issue. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we help you to restore your phone to a fully functional state.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following:

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly. holy hell this god damn phone just gave me a heart attack!

for some reason, this is what happens: under phone info, as it says, it will reset to WCDMA Preferred for NO reason whatsoever! this must have happened when i shut my phone down; other people are reporting that doing "reboot" does this frequently for them! this is the first time in my month of ownership i saw this happen, so this was new to me...but thankfully, we have a fix!
    For anyone interested, you can download this app and get straight into that config menu.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.geoffreybuttercrumbs.lteswitch

I use it to switch from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)". The CDMA auto setting doesn't seem to have the reboot problem, so you should be able to put it on that if you don't want 4G turned on all the time.
    You may have to take your SIM out for this to work. I did even with the back off. Aside from that, this works fantastic.