[ROOT + CWM 6.0.1.5 or 5.5.0.4] Lenovo IdeaPad A2107A (-H)

Search This thread

csns

Feb 23, 2011
suinst.blogspot.com
The following post is just a TESTED collection of tools and procedures that were found over at XDA forum or elsewhere on the Internet.
I do not take any credit for all those nice scripts and manuals - I just put them together for the young community of IdeaPad A2107A owners.

Below you will find methods of getting root and Clockwork Mod Recovery v 6.0.1.5 on IdeaPad A2107A (I own the -H version with dual SIM and ca. 4 GB of internal memory).

All processes were tested by me and are working well but obviously you are responsible for your actions.

My device runs on ICS 4.0.3, compilation A2107A-H_S341 and has a couple of European languages (tablet bought in Poland).

What you need is installed ADB drivers so the PC can "talk" to you tablet. You will find a lot of guides on the net - just make sure Windows device manager shows Android Device - Android ADB Interface or something close to that.
I also advise to enable USB debugging and allow installing applications from unknown sources - all in your tablet's settings.

Once you make sure you have done the above you're good to go.

So let's go!

Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5o7dm16d430lwal (un7zip) and read as follows:

1 - Root
The method I chose is for patient people - the device will reboot 3 times during this process.

a) connect your tablet to the PC, open "1 - 4.03root" folder and run "root.bat"
b) just after you run the .bat the device will reboot and in the command prompt you will see "Press any key to continue . . ." - WAIT until the tablet boots up completely. When you see the lockcreen THEN hit a key in the command prompt.
c) the above will happen 2 more times - always WAIT for the tablet to boot completely.

This process will install Superuser and RootExplorer so find those apps and see if the root works.

2 - Backup the whole ROM that is on your device - will be useful with making the CWM recovery.img file.

For this you will need ca. 2GB of memory so I advise at least 4GB sdcard.
I also advise to go to the settings and in the memory tab set the "Default write disk" to "SD storage" - this makes the microSD the primary "sdcard" - makes things easier with backups etc.
ALSO in the settings set the screen to stay on for at least 10 minutes - this is how long it will take to do the full ROM dump - important to keep the script alive.
To avoid any issues turn the flight mode on so no new "data" is received by the device.

Once you're done open "2 - Backup" folder from my 7zip and copy the "gscript" folder to the root of your sdcard. Now install "GScriptLite.apk" and run it (needs root access!).
In the app hit the menu button and pick "Add Script" ->"Need SU?" must be checked -> "Load file" -> select "back_mt6575_a4_v2c.sh" -> save and click the script.
As I said - wait ca 10 minutes for the scrip to finish. Now you will have a nice backup in the SD - look for "backup_v2" folder - copy it to your PC.

3 -Mobileuncle - it's in the Google Play Store but you won't find it with our tablet - supposedly incompatible. Bull*hit!
Open "3 - Mobileuncle" folder, copy the apk to your device and install. We will come back to this later.

4 - How about the CWM? Yes!
Open "4 - CWM 6015" - you will find a PDF there - read the instructions. The subfolder "michfood" contanis all the scripts you need so you don't have to download anything else.
ATTENTION - the "recovery.img" used in this process is YOUR "recovery.img" that you dumped in step 2. So find your backup from step 2 and the original "recovery.img" from your ROM.
ATTENTION - our device is MT6575 so you pick nr 1 in the command prompt.

5 - Once you have the new "recovery.img" with CWM (it is actually smaller than the original file) copy it to the root of your sdcard.
Now open the Mobileuncle Tools you installed in step 3 and hit "Recovery Update".
There, at the very top of the screen you will see your new CWM recovery file - hit it and then confirm the update. It takes a second!
Now you will be asked to boot into recovery mode - go ahead, try it :)

If the tablet booted in CWM then you are all set!

REMEMBER - to go into the recovery mode while the device is OFF you need to:
1 - hold the power button for ca 3 seconds
2 - let it go and in the same moment press BOTH Vol + and Vol - buttons.

REMEMBER 2 - the CWM 6.0.1.5 makes backups in a bit different way than the old CWM - read here :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846446

It also appears that the key to modding our tablet is the MT6575 processor - a lot of tools just need to support this processor, the device itself is not so important.

All the best.
Mike.

P.S.
A little film how it looks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3Sdwf2i4M

------------------------------------------------- UPDATE 1 ---------------------------------------------------------

For those who are running the same compilation as I am (A2107A-H_S341):
- you can download my recovery file from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?um372gh6ayf6t6w

To use it you need to do:
1 - Root
(optional backup with GScriptLite.apk)
2 - flash the recovery file with Mobileuncle

Be careful and make sure you have a backup if you want to try this file with another compilation.

Cheers.
------------------------------------------------- UPDATE 2 ---------------------------------------------------------

Tested (by user: manwithmanypiercings) USB drivers are in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34651039&postcount=51

------------------------------------------------- UPDATE 3 ---------------------------------------------------------

I think there is even easier way than the one I originally posted above.
BUT I cannot be sure that it will work with all of you - the reason is that I made so many changes to my A2107A-H that I do not know whether this method works "just because it's universal" or because my tablet was tweaked far enough.

On the other hand when you consider it reasonably it looks like it's quite simple and there is no particular reason why it shouldn't work with a stock A2107A.

So...

What you need:
1 - this package: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fbuzi5xjofs7vgf
2 - PC running Windows 7 would be the best (7 gave me no problems at all - takes 1 minute to do it). I made it on Windows 8 as well but there is a lot more fuss to install the proper driver.

What you do:
1 - turn on USB Debugging on your tablet
2 - connect the tablet to your PC (if it's the 1st, some default drivers will install - that's ok)
3 - tap on the notifications area in the "Connect as" change to "MTP" - this is quite important !
4 - from the downloaded package run the "Flash_tool.exe"
- click "Scatter-loading" on the right and find "MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt"
- in the list in the lower part of the window you MUST have the "PRELOADER" (super important) and "RECOVERY" ticked and leading to the correct files. The PRELOADER = "preloader_lenovo75_a2_ics.bin" (in the package) and the RECOVERY is the recovery file of your choice -> there are 3 in the package - pick the one you want. You can flash them over and over so if you don't like one then try the other.
5 - click "Download" above - you will see a prompt saying that not all images were loaded - that is fine - we only want to flash the RECOVERY - so click "Yes"
6 - now the Flash tool is waiting for the tablet - press "reset" on the back - Windows will recognize a new device (and WILL NOT find the driver unless you have done it before) - no worries, you have the correct driver.
7 - open Windows "Device manager" and locate the MT65..... unrecognised device -> update / install driver -> point Windows to "USB VCOM Driver" folder from the package and pick your system. My Windows 7 found the driver on the spot but asked to confirm the install - "insecure" driver - I obviously clicked "install anyway" and so should you.
8 - once the driver is loaded the Flash tool will flash the new recovery file - you will see some colour progress bars in the program - at the end you should see a green circle.

That is it. Unplug the tablet, press reset on the back and you can now enter the recovery mode.

FUN FACT: the "reset" button on the back is not really a reset button, it's more like physical cut off button to temporarily disconnect the battery.

Last edited:

isyrider

Feb 22, 2008
I have the Lenovo A2107A under Vodafone's brand Vodafone Smart Tab II 7
It has Android version 4.0.4 and compilation: A2107A_A404_010_002_120913_VODA

Imanaged to root it and install CWM using this thread. But somehow I was not able to create the CWM modded recovery.img
I used the one provided here and it worked fine.
Thanks for this.

optical99

Nov 24, 2011
CTA
I can't connect tablet to PC

The following post is just a TESTED collection of tools and procedures that were found over at XDA forum or elsewhere on the Internet.
I do not take any credit for all those nice scripts and manuals - I just put them together for the young community of IdeaPad A2107A owners.

Below you will find methods of getting root and Clockwork Mod Recovery v 6.0.1.5 on IdeaPad A2107A (I own the -H version with dual SIM and ca. 4 GB of internal memory).

All processes were tested by me and are working well but obviously you are responsible for you actions.

My device runs on ICS 4.0.3, compilation A2107A-H_S341 and has a couple of European languages (tablet bought in Poland).

What you need is installed ADB drivers so the PC can "talk" to you tablet. You will find a lot of guides on the net - just make sure Window device manager shows Android Device - Android ADB Interface or something close to that.
I also advise to enable USB debugging and allow installing applications from unknown sources - all in your tablet's settings.

So let's go!

Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5o7dm16d430lwal (un7zip) and read as follows:

1 - Root
The method I chose is for patient people - the device will reboot 3 times during this process.

b) just after you run the .bat the device will reboot and in the command prompt you will see "Press any key to continue . . ." - WAIT until the tablet boots up completely. When you see the lockcreen THEN hit a key in the command prompt.
c) the above will happen 2 more times - always WAIT for the tablet to boot completely.

This process will install Superuser and RootExplorer so find those apps and see if the root works.

2 - Backup the whole ROM that is on your device - will be useful with making the CWM recovery.img file.

I also advise to go to the settings and in the memory tab set the "Default write disk" to "SD storage" - this makes the microSD the primary "sdcard" - makes things easier with backups etc.
ALSO in the settings set the screen to stay on for at least 10 minutes - this is how long it will take to do the full ROM dump - important to keep the script alive.

Once you're done open "2 - Backup" folder from my 7zip and copy the "gscript" folder to the root of your sdcard. Now install "GScriptLite.apk" and run it (needs root access!).
In the app hit the menu button and pick "Add Script" ->"Need SU?" must be checked -> "Load file" -> select "back_mt6575_a4_v2c.sh" -> save and click the script.
As I said - wait ca 10 minutes for the scrip to finish. Now you will have a nice backup in the SD - look for "backup_v2" folder - copy it to your PC.

3 -Mobileuncle - it's in the Google Play Store but you won't find it with our tablet - supposedly incompatible. Bull*hit!
Open "3 - Mobileuncle" folder, copy the apk to your device and install. We will come back to this later.

Open "4 - CWM 6015" - you will find a PDF there - read the instructions. The subfolder "michfood" contanis all the scripts you need so you don't have to download anything else.
ATTENTION - the "recovery.img" used in this process is YOUR "recovery.img" that you dumped in step 2. So find your backup from step 2 and the original "recovery.img" from your ROM.

5 - Once you have the new "recovery.img" with CWM (it is actually smaller than the original file) copy it to the root of your sdcard.
Now open the Mobileuncle Tools you installed in step 3 and hit "Recovery Update".
There, at the very top of the screen you will see your new CWM recovery file - hit it and then confirm the update. It takes a second!

REMEMBER 2 - the CWM 6.0.1.5 makes backups in a bit different way than the old CWM - read here :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846446

It also appears that the key to modding our tablet is the MT6575 processor - a lot of tools just need to support this processor, the device itself is not so important.

All the best.
Mike.

P.S.

------------------------------------------------- UPDATE 1 ---------------------------------------------------------

- you can download my recovery file from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?um372gh6ayf6t6w

1 - Root

Be careful and make sure you have a backup if you want to try this file with another compilation.

Cheers.

csns thanks for your guide

Unfortunately I can't connect my tablet to pc in USB debbuging mode. I tried a lot of drivers from net but without success.. Pls let me know the right way to root my tablet.

csns

Feb 23, 2011
suinst.blogspot.com
csns thanks for your guide

Unfortunately I can't connect my tablet to pc in USB debbuging mode. I tried a lot of drivers from net but without success.. Pls let me know the right way to root my tablet.

Hi there,

Try those drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/?vx2hyv7dpwlmeyy

They come from the current Android SDK but I am running a 64 bit system and I'm not sure if those drivers will work with 32 bit systems.

Fingers crossed!

optical99

Nov 24, 2011
CTA
I tried with yor recommend dirvers and with a lot of others and doesn't work. I have to unrecognised denices in Device Manager - A2107A-H and MTP.
I am very upset about Lenovo because their support doesn't exist.

manwithmanypiercings

Nov 7, 2010
Va Beach

makbro

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
First of all, a ton of thanx to csns for posting this detailed procedure along with all required scripts and tools...

I have just one question...Which Modified ROM did you install as I see you have unlocked calling feature in the video you posted???

I asked because the MOD ROM by pemergency in the other thread is for the 16 GB and creates some issues in the device...But your's is 4 GB, as is mine...

Thanx in advance

csns

Feb 23, 2011
suinst.blogspot.com
First of all, a ton of thanx to csns for posting this detailed procedure along with all required scripts and tools...

I have just one question...Which Modified ROM did you install as I see you have unlocked calling feature in the video you posted???

I asked because the MOD ROM by pemergency in the other thread is for the 16 GB and creates some issues in the device...But your's is 4 GB, as is mine...

Thanx in advance

I'm glad you find my post useful.

As for the calling feature - it's not actually working :)

You see, to have the calling app (in other words "the phone" app) in the app drawer all you need to do is change one tiny value in framework-res.apk.

This value is telling the system weather the whole device is supposed to handle voice calls or not. I just tricked the system to make the Phone.apk visible but there is a lot more do be done in order to make a real call over the cellular network.

I've just had this tablet for a week and I didn't have much time to dig into this topic. Let's see what the weekend brings :)

Be patient, I think it's just a matter of time when someone posts a user friendly guide... Or search yourself and share what you find with the community.

Take care.

Reactions: makbro

optical99

Nov 24, 2011
CTA
works fine

manwithmanypiercings

I have gained acces to tabled with PDAnet drivers...thanks a lot

csns
I followed all steps and installed CWM 6015. Very nice tutorial...I thought it's simpliest way...respect for your job

makbro

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Need help at step 4

All processes were tested by me and are working well but obviously you are responsible for your actions.

What you need is installed ADB drivers so the PC can "talk" to you tablet. You will find a lot of guides on the net - just make sure Windows device manager shows Android Device - Android ADB Interface or something close to that.

So let's go!

1 - Root

To avoid any issues turn the flight mode on so no new "data" is received by the device.

All the best.
Mike.

P.S.

1 - Root

Cheers.
------------------------------------------------- UPDATE 2 ---------------------------------------------------------

Tested (by user: manwithmanypiercings) USB drivers are in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34651039&postcount=51

Hi csns,

Sorry to bother you but when I try drag and drop my original "recovery.img" to "cwmr 6015.bat" in the "michfood" folder, I get a warning message "System cannot find the specified file "C:\users\....\recovery.img" "recovery" and the bat script exits...I have tried the following:-

1. Copy the folder and file "michfood" and my original "recovery.img" file in all possible alternate locations of my PC including desktop as shown in the pdf tutorial in "michfood" folder.

2. The permissions for both folders is "Full Control" for all users.

3. Files not hdden or protected.

4. Also turned off my antivirus and firewall.

No luck....Please help !!! Thanx in advance

csns

Feb 23, 2011
suinst.blogspot.com
Hi csns,

Sorry to bother you but when I try drag and drop my original "recovery.img" to "cwmr 6015.bat" in the "michfood" folder, I get a warning message "System cannot find the specified file "C:\users\....\recovery.img" "recovery" and the bat script exits...I have tried the following:-

1. Copy the folder and file "michfood" and my original "recovery.img" file in all possible alternate locations of my PC including desktop as shown in the pdf tutorial in "michfood" folder.

Well, this happened to me once and I think the reason was that the path was too long - I guess it may have something to do with the fact that the .bat is a simple "program" and can have some problems with handling long paths.. specially with "national" character in them.

Try finding a location as close to the root of the drive as possible, and make sure you have full R/W access. Or try with a pendrive for example.

Since you made a backup of your ROM I think you are quite safe with using the recovery I uploaded - first post -> UPDATE 1.
They seem to fit all 2107A devices. If not I will tell you how to restore the original recovery from your backup.

You can also read UPDATE 3 I just made - your choice.

makbro

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Thanx

Hello csns,

Thanx to your help, I have also got CWM recovery working on my device.

BTW I saw these two posts on a forum in Russian (I guess)...I used google translate and am pretty sure these two posts that I provide links for below have two modified ROMs with everything working, including phone and radio !!! The only draw back is that once you flash these ROMs you'll get Russian language, which can be changed to English from the language menu

I plan to fo it myself as well tomorrow,would let you know the outcome :)

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=286687&st=920 (go down to the post labelled "A2107_Foxtrot_v100")

and

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=286687&st=440 (go down to the post labelled "Прошивка Tasemart
MOD 1.1")

and of course you can also try the "Angeleas_Final" modified ROM also that I'll upload and provide links to tomorrow

Thanx again for all your help !!!

Last edited:

DETOXL001

Dec 14, 2012
I also had many trouble getting the cwm bat file to work. It is very picky about its path and arguments on Win7.
I moved the michfood folder to C: and moved my own recovery.img to C:\michfood\recovery.old
cd C:\michfood
cwmr\ 6015.bat recovery.old

That worked - otherwise it wouldnt finish the cpio stuff.
Reworking that horrible script to work on linux would have probably taken less time -_-

Anyway - thanks!

dschoni

Dec 15, 2012
Permissions problems on Windows7

Hi,

I Had the same problem.

Hi csns,

My solution:
  1. It was required to use a directory not to deep in folder structures, so the best is as short as possible like "C:\michfood".
  2. I had to add "Full Control" permissions for "everyone" to the "michfood"-directory and enable the "replicate permissions to subfolders"-option (I don't know the exact designation because I use it in german ... :confused: )
  3. I had to delete an existing "Recovery" folder inside the "michfood"-directory from earlier attempts to create the new file and for this I had to take over the ownership of the "Recovery" folder before I was able to delete it.
  4. The original Recovery.img must be in a different folder than "michfood". This can be on the desktop but for a shorter path it could be in the root directory.
  5. I had success after copying "cwmr 6015.bat" to "go.bat" (it's shorter and does not contain any space in it) and calling it from command line from its directory( C:\>cd C:\michfood ) with: "go C:\Recovery.img" ( I had Recovery.img on C:\ ).

I hope this helps ...

makbro

Nov 28, 2012
Islamabad
Thanx

Thanx for the suggestions everyone, appreciate it...I got it working in the mean time on a WinXP desktop without any problem :)

lenovo_a2107a

Dec 22, 2012
Hi, i rooted succesfuly my a2107a device and installed backup Gscript ...loading "back_mt6575_a4_v2c.sh and saving it , but when it comes to run...nothing...only the counter saying how many sec's till stop.Any ideeas why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So let's go!

1 - Root

All the best.
    Mike.

P.S.

1 - Root

Cheers.

------------------------------------------------- UPDATE 3 ---------------------------------------------------------

I think there is even easier way than the one I originally posted above.
    BUT I cannot be sure that it will work with all of you - the reason is that I made so many changes to my A2107A-H that I do not know whether this method works "just because it's universal" or because my tablet was tweaked far enough.

On the other hand when you consider it reasonably it looks like it's quite simple and there is no particular reason why it shouldn't work with a stock A2107A.

So...

What you need:
    1 - this package: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fbuzi5xjofs7vgf
    2 - PC running Windows 7 would be the best (7 gave me no problems at all - takes 1 minute to do it). I made it on Windows 8 as well but there is a lot more fuss to install the proper driver.

What you do:
    1 - turn on USB Debugging on your tablet
    2 - connect the tablet to your PC (if it's the 1st, some default drivers will install - that's ok)
    3 - tap on the notifications area in the "Connect as" change to "MTP" - this is quite important !
    4 - from the downloaded package run the "Flash_tool.exe"
    - click "Scatter-loading" on the right and find "MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt"
    - in the list in the lower part of the window you MUST have the "PRELOADER" (super important) and "RECOVERY" ticked and leading to the correct files. The PRELOADER = "preloader_lenovo75_a2_ics.bin" (in the package) and the RECOVERY is the recovery file of your choice -> there are 3 in the package - pick the one you want. You can flash them over and over so if you don't like one then try the other.
    5 - click "Download" above - you will see a prompt saying that not all images were loaded - that is fine - we only want to flash the RECOVERY - so click "Yes"
    6 - now the Flash tool is waiting for the tablet - press "reset" on the back - Windows will recognize a new device (and WILL NOT find the driver unless you have done it before) - no worries, you have the correct driver.
    7 - open Windows "Device manager" and locate the MT65..... unrecognised device -> update / install driver -> point Windows to "USB VCOM Driver" folder from the package and pick your system. My Windows 7 found the driver on the spot but asked to confirm the install - "insecure" driver - I obviously clicked "install anyway" and so should you.
    8 - once the driver is loaded the Flash tool will flash the new recovery file - you will see some colour progress bars in the program - at the end you should see a green circle.

That is it. Unplug the tablet, press reset on the back and you can now enter the recovery mode.

FUN FACT: the "reset" button on the back is not really a reset button, it's more like physical cut off button to temporarily disconnect the battery.
    hello
    im just trying to find out as much info before i try root my lenovo a2107a_a 7inch tablet with android 4.0.4 vodafone . can this be root ? is it easy or hard to root this model. what do i need in software ? i have 32gb sd card an 2gb. if i back up my tablet will that be able to help me if i bricked my tablet ? the reason to root is to change the network will this help change the vodafone network to what im using. is there a video on how to root this model.

are people finding it hard to root this model ? thank you if you reply to this

Unfortunately, I didn't write the instructions, otherwise I would have been much clearer in my phrasing, and written it from the point of view of a newbie - walking the reader through the process step by step. I will try to do that for you here, but feel free to ask me if you are in doubt about anything I write here.

The first thing to do (if you have not done this already, is to create a folder on your desktop, or somewhere you can easily find it, to download the relevant files into. Call the folder by a suitable name, eg Lenovo Stuff (or any name you like that is memorable to you. The next step is to download all the files and programs mentioned below, into your newly-created folder. Please note, that you only need to download the correct drivers for your computer at point number 5. So if your computer is Windows 7, download the Windows 7 drivers. If your computer is XP, download the XP drivers. You do not need both sets, just the set that works with your system. When you have downloaded everything, unzip each folder so you can access the files and programs that are contained inside them.

1. CWM Recovery https://hotfile.com/dl/182805290/fe4...mware.zip.html
    2. Flash Tools https://hotfile.com/dl/182820835/8dd3c06/Tools.rar.html
    3. New Flash Tool without error (replacement for the one from Tools.rar package https://hotfile.com/dl/183057140/692...05.22.zip.html
    4. Pemergency MOD custom firmware https://hotfile.com/dl/182755080/f7d...22012.rar.html
    5. USB Driver
    For windows xp https://hotfile.com/dl/182950442/360...river.zip.html
    For windows 7 https://hotfile.com/dl/182950251/0c9...river.zip.html

Connect your SD card to your computer, using an SD card reader. Once you have downloaded the relevant files and programs, as detailed above, select the unzipped Pemergency MOD folder, ready to copy to the sd card, that is in your SD card reader. Then copy the Permergency to the card, using the copy/paste commands. You can either right click to copy from the computer, then right click on the card to paste to the sd - or use the control key and x to copy, then control key and v to paste. Either will work, it is just a case of using the method you are happy with. Close the SD card file, and insert the SD card into your tablet. Don't try to boot the tablet yet, though.

The next step is a tricky part; installing the CWM recovery. To do this you will need to completely wipe your tablet, ready to start again. Connect the tablet to the computer (don't worry about the drivers at this stage, as that will be dealt with later). Open the SP Flash Tools program from the Tools folder, and run the Flash Tool.exe program. This opens up a table with various bars, ready to add information to these bars. Select the "scatter-loading" option from the right, then navigate to the CWM folder, from within the Scatter-loading box, unless it opens directly on the CWM folder. You do this by pressing the up or back button at the top of the selection, until you find the CWM recovery folder. Once you have found the CWM recovery folder, select the file called "MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt". Once you do this, the lower box will populate itself with various pieces of information, ready for you to use. Then do the following, in sequence: Select "Format", then "Format whole flash" which is in the top section called "Auto Format Nand Flash". Then press "OK" on the right of the box. Next press the reset button on the back of the device, and release it. This should install the correct drivers to allow the process to happen. It should end up with a green circle written across the SP Flash Tools screen. Close the SP Flash Tools program down, as that is finished with. At this point, you will have no recovery and no operating system on the device, so it is effectively a "dead" unit. Don't worry, as the rest of the process brings it back to life.

Next you need to open the SmartPhone MultiPoint Tool, from the Tools section. This tool is named "SP_MDT_src_v3.1216.02_A2012.05.22". You will see a Data/bin error, but you can ignore that and select "OK" to open the tool. Run the exe file named "SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe". This opens another series of boxes ready for information to be added. Do the following, in sequence: Select "File", "Open Download Agent File" and choose the file named "MTK_DATABASE.mdb" from the "SP_MDT_src_v3.1216.02_A2012.05.22" folder. Then select "Factory database", "Setup data source file" and choose the file named "MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin" from the "SP_MDT_src_v3.1216.02_A2012.05.22" folder.

Press the "Scatter File" button and choose the same scatter file from earlier, the "MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" file. Choose "Sel All" in the two columns on the left. The columns on the right should be populated as below If anything is different, change it to the correct information below, by making the relevant selections:

Type: Firmware upgrade
    Baud rate: 921600
    DA download all: High speed
    USB Port: BootRom --->DA

Then press "Start All". If the numbers in the columns start counting seconds, but nothing seems to be installing, press the reset key on the back of the tablet, and release it. This will start the process working to get CWM on the device. Please note, you will only have cwm at the end of this process, you will have no operating system. Also, be aware, that this process can appear to fail, with it appearing that files have not downloaded. This happened to me, and to my partner's device, but it did work. Close down the Smart Phone Multi Point tool.

Next you boot in to CWM Recovery:

1. Switch off the device.
    2. Hold Power Button for 3 seconds, release and hold vol+ and - together until you will boot in to recovery mode.

In CWM Recovery:

1. Choose "backup and restore".
    2. Choose "advanced restore".
    3. Choose "modpemergency/".
    4. Choose "Restore system".
    5. Choose "Yes - Restore System".

After this is done, do the following:

1. "wipe data/factory reset".
    2. "wipe cache partition".
    4. "wipe dalvik" (this is in the "advanced" menu.
    5. reboot the tablet fully into the system, not back into recovery, but as a full reboot.

Allow the tablet to boot up, then set it up as normal, with your wifi, Google account, etc. You may not get a 3g connection yet, as the IMEIs may have been wiped, but the information below should be able to help with that issue.

Now you should have both recovery and the Pemergency rom on your system, but your IMEI numbers may not show up. To restore the IMEI numbers, do the following:

1. Connect your device to the PC (device must be turned on and connected as "USB debugging" and the storage option must be set as "Media device).
    2. Start MTK Droid Tools.
    3. Press Replace IMEI (fill up IMEI 1 and IMEI 2) and save.
    4. Reboot device

The IMEI numbers are written on a label inside the rear cover, and on the box, if you still have it.

From there, you can keep the Pemergency rom, if you like it, or flash any other rom in the normal way; download the rom, put it on the sd card, still zipped, wipe data, cache dalvik, install zip from SD card, choose the rom to install, and reboot afterwards.

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************************
    Apologies for such a long posting, but it is necessary as a way of explaining each step in detail. I hope this helps you sort out your tablet, but if you have any further problems, please ask me here and I will try to help you through the process.

Thanx in advance

I'm glad you find my post useful.

As for the calling feature - it's not actually working :)

You see, to have the calling app (in other words "the phone" app) in the app drawer all you need to do is change one tiny value in framework-res.apk.

This value is telling the system weather the whole device is supposed to handle voice calls or not. I just tricked the system to make the Phone.apk visible but there is a lot more do be done in order to make a real call over the cellular network.

I've just had this tablet for a week and I didn't have much time to dig into this topic. Let's see what the weekend brings :)

Be patient, I think it's just a matter of time when someone posts a user friendly guide... Or search yourself and share what you find with the community.

Take care.
    Hi csns,

Well, this happened to me once and I think the reason was that the path was too long - I guess it may have something to do with the fact that the .bat is a simple "program" and can have some problems with handling long paths.. specially with "national" character in them.

Try finding a location as close to the root of the drive as possible, and make sure you have full R/W access. Or try with a pendrive for example.

Since you made a backup of your ROM I think you are quite safe with using the recovery I uploaded - first post -> UPDATE 1.
    They seem to fit all 2107A devices. If not I will tell you how to restore the original recovery from your backup.

You can also read UPDATE 3 I just made - your choice.
    Now that my tablet is back to life, thanks to ursalavasey, on to another problem. I tried two roms, foxtrot and tesmart. Wifi works, but it does not go on my AT&T network. I repaired my IMEI with Droidtools. Any way to fix this?

I do have the stock rom in two zip files. And I think I backed up my rom on the computer. Can I turn that into a zip and flash it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Hello Jengler77, me again - the saviour of the tablet!

I know you said you repaired your IMEI's using droidtools, but have you re-added your apn settings, or simply added the IMEI information? To add the APN settings, you need to go to settings/wireless & Networks/more/mobile networks/access point names. You will then have a screen saying APNs. Tap on the 3 dots at the top right, and select New APN. Then add the relevant APN settings, which you should be able to get directly from the AT&T website. I don't know the specific settings, as I am in the UK, but they should be easy to find on your side of the pond.

As for the stock rom and other roms, I don't know for certain, but I imagine that you can zip your rom by right-clicking and selecting Send to compressed (zipped) folder. Then from there, put it on the sd and flash via CWM, ensuring you observe all wipes (data/cache/dalvik). I have never done that, so I cannot say I have tested it, but I imagine that will work that way.