[Discussion] What text messaging app do you use on your GS5?

Which SMS app do you use on your S5

• Stock TouchWiz app

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Textra

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • GoSMS

• EvolveSMS

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 8sms

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Handcent

• Hello

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hangouts

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Hoverchat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Imriela

May 6, 2014
I'm using Hangouts. The only media I really text to people is pictures and I've always just sent 1 pic per message because of how much the pics are compressed if you send multiple pics per text. I like how simple and quick it is, and it does what I need it to. Sure I can't theme it and make it look all colourful, but my entire phone has a minimalist, simple, but effective look / setup, so it works for me.

Infoport

Aug 22, 2010
Greensboro, NC
TextSecure, need privacy over my msgs

I use TextSecure for my SMS.
However I am NOT having the issue of it not being able to mark "Read" or delete-- it does that just fine.

I am using it because it keep the msgs on my phone encrypted. I would love my main contacts to use it for end-to-end encryption, but...

My main issue with it is that it is NOT integrated in with some services, such as ability to reject a call with msg.

Infoport

nudawa

Oct 20, 2006
Tien Giang
Who even uses SMSes anymore? I've sent 3 smses in the past 3 months. We have OTAs and data network coverage all the time, people.

Imriela

May 6, 2014
Who even uses SMSes anymore? I've sent 3 smses in the past 3 months. We have OTAs and data network coverage all the time, people.

I'm only 4 days into my billing cycle and I'm already at 418 messages. Last few months I've been averaging roughly 3,000 messages a month. That's down from what I used to go through a few years ago too :p

nudawa

Oct 20, 2006
Tien Giang
I'm only 4 days into my billing cycle and I'm already at 418 messages. Last few months I've been averaging roughly 3,000 messages a month. That's down from what I used to go through a few years ago too :p

3000 smses costs around 50$ in my country. So I dont use sms anymore because its fk expensive

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

asg.srtw

May 2, 2012
Wroclaw
The main reason I don't like the stock app is that the delivery report has the same ringtone as ordinary sms, I like the way sony did it, the just put a tick beside sms if it was delivered without any special ringtone or popup. As far as i know, gosms does the same.

Mournblade

Mar 29, 2014
I see textra users but not ChompSMS - I like being able to customize how everything looks and i've never had an issue with crashes or performance.

ponydrum

May 12, 2014
I am using Textra instead of the stock app. Easy to use, just does what it needs to do.
Actually,it was recommended by a friend.

Top Liked Posts