[Q] WiFi Calling?

Search This thread

TKS3

Dec 5, 2012
Does anyone know when or if we will be receiving the ability to call and send sms over WiFi? I had this feature on my Note 3 and used it all the time while on campus. Kind of sad that it is not a standard feature on our S5.

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
In due time. Sprint is sending update to more and more (recent) phones to enable this feature. Just be patient.

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
Moto X4
Google Pixel 6a
You can send sms over WiFi with google voice? Hmmmm. I never knew that.

Yes, you can... but to do that you have to allow GV to become the "middle man" of your SMS activity. This has (in my case), caused text messages to get delayed and sometimes lost on my phone. I would just use hangouts and start communicating more and more through hangouts directly (vs SMS). In time, it will be the messaging and VOIP app of choice for android users. GV is going away (once they fully integrate its features in hangouts).

TKS3

Dec 5, 2012
Yes, you can... but to do that you have to allow GV to become the "middle man" of your SMS activity. This has (in my case), caused text messages to get delayed and sometimes lost on my phone. I would just use hangouts and start communicating more and more through hangouts directly (vs SMS). In time, it will be the messaging and VOIP app of choice for android users. GV is going away (once they fully integrate its features in hangouts).

I'm definitely going to have to try out GV and see how well it works until we get an update to integrate WiFi into the GS5 natively. Now with GV do you have to do any type of switching on and off the WiFi over sms like you do on the Note 3?

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
Moto X4
Google Pixel 6a
I'm definitely going to have to try out GV and see how well it works until we get an update to integrate WiFi into the GS5 natively. Now with GV do you have to do any type of switching on and off the WiFi over sms like you do on the Note 3?

no switching required. it uses data via wifi or mobile data. this is in opposition to SMS using 1X channel.

Reactions: TKS3

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
They supposedly added it. Not sure how to enable it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

no switching required. it uses data via wifi or mobile data. this is in opposition to SMS using 1X channel.