[Q] Checking in on current status of SD card issues and 4.4.2

Search This thread

opti1

Mar 6, 2014
I put off updating to 4.4.2 because JB was working fine before a three week trip overseas and I didn't want to break anything. Now we are back and I'm ready to apply the upgrade as long as it doesn't break my external SD card functionality.

I have a stock, unrooted G Pad. I use the SD card only for storing documents (.doc, .xls, .pdf., etc.), music, photos, etc. I use the LG file manager to write to and copy from the card. I use PowerAmp Pro to play music from the card. I have no apps installed to the card nor set to write to the card.

Should I expect my SD card to continue to function as it does on JB and without random dismounts after the update to 4.4.2?

Thanks!

brian566

Jan 29, 2014
West Yorks
S D Card

I put off updating to 4.4.2 because JB was working fine before a three week trip overseas and I didn't want to break anything. Now we are back and I'm ready to apply the upgrade as long as it doesn't break my external SD card functionality.

I have a stock, unrooted G Pad. I use the SD card only for storing documents (.doc, .xls, .pdf., etc.), music, photos, etc. I use the LG file manager to write to and copy from the card. I use PowerAmp Pro to play music from the card. I have no apps installed to the card nor set to write to the card.

Should I expect my SD card to continue to function as it does on JB and without random dismounts after the update to 4.4.2?

Thanks!

I have the un mounting SD card notification and issues since upgrading I had no problem before upgrading so for me it is definitely a Kit Kat fault

jvarzim

Apr 10, 2014
Had the same problem here. After kit kat update sd card went nuts.

I followed a tip and formated the sd card on pc and then on the device.

This reduced the problem almost (almost) to zero.

Enviado do meu LG-V500 através de Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Ended up replacing the 32gb sdcard with a 64gb one that works fine.

The 32gb is on my son's memopad working great as well.

What I was wondering was if the update realy damaged the sdcard or not....???

Enviado do meu LG-V500 através de Tapatalk

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011
This has me interested. I bought I 64gb Sandisk card and I've been hesitant about putting it on due to the issue in KK.

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos

Thanks!

This has me interested. I bought I 64gb Sandisk card and I've been hesitant about putting it on due to the issue in KK.
The same question is also found in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712536 ;)

cletusarrarr

Apr 11, 2009
just factory reset your G pad without the sd card inserted in, this should fix the problem as has for many.

opti1

Mar 6, 2014

Thanks!

I installed the OTA 4.4.2 update after unmounting and removing the SD card. After the update was finished I shut down the G Pad, put the SD card back in and started it up again. It pulled down all my apps from the Play store and has been working fine since. I've accessed files from the SD card using the LG file manager and Polaris and I've played music from the SD card using PowerAmp Pro. So far no issues and I haven't done a factory reset.