[Q] message not downloaded generic network failure htc one

Search This thread

NYLUVBUG

May 15, 2011
PA
Anyone else experience this on their M8? Group messaging worked fine last night. This morning I received (message not downloaded, generic network failure). I use the power saving feature and data connection is checked. Therefore, I'm assuming when this power feature is enabled and mms message are sent when the phone is not in use (when I'm sleeping) it causes these error and is unable to resolve itself.

I am able to send messages to other people, but not the ones I group message with. Has anyone else encountered this problem on their M8. Some of what I Google so far points to apn.

NYLUVBUG

May 15, 2011
PA
This what I get when one of my friends respond to my group text, followed by message not downloaded generic network failure

Attachments

• 1403805525213.jpg
    1403805525213.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,321

tidalwave23

Jun 26, 2014
Same issue, troubleshooting all day with htc and tmobile, think i found solution

I have been dealing with this exact situation ALL DAY. Unfortunately, google did not provide much help as it seems to be a new problem. Background information: I just bought a new HTC One M8 (T-Mobile) and received an MMS from my boyfriend within minutes of turning it on (no issue). 1 day later, I installed the "System update" and when he tried to send me an MMS, I got the same error as the thumbnail above and was unable to download. The error message "Message not downloaded - Generic Network Issue" kept coming up. I tried googling and doing my own troubleshooting, I restarted the phone multiple times, I messed with the APN, I took out and reinstalled the simcard, all to no avail. I contacted HTC via their live chat and waited in a queue of 40 people They also tried to get me to update my APN information and again, to no success. I then called T-Mobile to see if there was a network issue with the SIM card. By this point, I got a MMS from another friend which also resulted in the same error message. T-Mobile tech was super helpful, tried sending me pic messages which actually came through! I then realized, the two users who sent me pics were both iPhone users. So the T-Mobile tech grabbed an iPhone and tried sending an MMS at first to no avail. He tried again and BOOM, picture message received. Still, he couldn't understand why it was happening still when my boyfriend and friend were sending me pics. Hours later, and still befuddled (tmobile tech said he would call later to follow-up and do some research on his own in the meantime - verrrry helpful guy!), it hit me like a TON OF BRICKS..... Both my bf and friend are not only iPhone users, but are on the OLD operating system because they (like many iphone users) didn't want to update to the new iOS because it apparently changed the look of the phone/apps. They are both in the process of installing and converting their iphone 4(s) - not "S" as in model but plural to the new operating system. Unfortunately, I can't report on whether this was the issue but I imagine with a brand new phone (HTC One M8), new system update that I installed yesterday and their old phone/VERY old iOS (this is like 2 versions ago - for both of them), there is a MAJOR incompatibility.

I will report back once they have installed and tried sending a pic, but hopefully this will help someone else for now (or who has a friend or significant other that can act quicker than mine do :))

NYLUVBUG

May 15, 2011
PA
Whoa... Both of my friends have iPhone. Yeah I was on the phone with the tech this afternoon and he was unable to resolve my issue.

NYLUVBUG

May 15, 2011
PA
seems like it's working this morning. I turned off the power saving feature. I don't understand wtf is going on. ?

SmiLey497

May 7, 2009
SF, CA - NYC
Happens to me on T-Mobile too, but not all the time, definitely sucks when I'm in a group message and I only get half the texts. Majority of the time it works though. Happens with both people with iPhone's, and Android phones.

NYLUVBUG

May 15, 2011
PA
I received a follow call from T-Mobile and was told there had been network issues which in turn affected mms. ? this morning I woke up to another generic network error message, but I've had no issues so far.

esaman210

Jul 12, 2014
same issue please help

Hello, I am having the same issue! The people sending me messages do have iPhone but I can't send pic messages to anyone either. I haven't tried receiving from a non iPhone users yet. This is so annoying. I reset my apn numerous times, even talked to HTC ... I'm out of luck. My email is esaman210@Gmail.com please email me some tips/ steps idk if it is the phone, the service or what.

I have been dealing with this exact situation ALL DAY. Unfortunately, google did not provide much help as it seems to be a new problem. Background information: I just bought a new HTC One M8 (T-Mobile) and received an MMS from my boyfriend within minutes of turning it on (no issue). 1 day later, I installed the "System update" and when he tried to send me an MMS, I got the same error as the thumbnail above and was unable to download. The error message "Message not downloaded - Generic Network Issue" kept coming up. I tried googling and doing my own troubleshooting, I restarted the phone multiple times, I messed with the APN, I took out and reinstalled the simcard, all to no avail. I contacted HTC via their live chat and waited in a queue of 40 people They also tried to get me to update my APN information and again, to no success. I then called T-Mobile to see if there was a network issue with the SIM card. By this point, I got a MMS from another friend which also resulted in the same error message. T-Mobile tech was super helpful, tried sending me pic messages which actually came through! I then realized, the two users who sent me pics were both iPhone users. So the T-Mobile tech grabbed an iPhone and tried sending an MMS at first to no avail. He tried again and BOOM, picture message received. Still, he couldn't understand why it was happening still when my boyfriend and friend were sending me pics. Hours later, and still befuddled (tmobile tech said he would call later to follow-up and do some research on his own in the meantime - verrrry helpful guy!), it hit me like a TON OF BRICKS..... Both my bf and friend are not only iPhone users, but are on the OLD operating system because they (like many iphone users) didn't want to update to the new iOS because it apparently changed the look of the phone/apps. They are both in the process of installing and converting their iphone 4(s) - not "S" as in model but plural to the new operating system. Unfortunately, I can't report on whether this was the issue but I imagine with a brand new phone (HTC One M8), new system update that I installed yesterday and their old phone/VERY old iOS (this is like 2 versions ago - for both of them), there is a MAJOR incompatibility.

I will report back once they have installed and tried sending a pic, but hopefully this will help someone else for now (or who has a friend or significant other that can act quicker than mine do :))