[Q] Trying to S-OFF with Locked Sensation XE HBOOT-1.29.0000

Search This thread

purebeatz

Mar 21, 2012
Berlin
Hey All...

last week was my sensation xe broken, I've brought it to support to demand warranty. Today I get a new one back, I wanted to have s-off and permanent root again. I'm so used to custom firmware. :)

Well I found out that my new lovely phone has a HBOOT version wich i can't find @google and the bootloader is locked. I tryed to S-OFF with revelutionary, but i didn't find the correct HBOOT version at "revolutionary.io"

Mybe anyone of you should help?

The Datas are:

HTC Sensation XE
Android-Version: 4.0.3
Software-Number: 3.32.401.105
Kernel-Version: 3.0.16-gda3fdfc, htc-kernel@u18000-build-144#1, SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 17 19:24:03 CST 2012
Baseband-Version: 11.69.3504.00U_11.22.3504.07_M
Build.Number 3.32.401.105 CL309896 release-Keys

Bootloader:
***LOCKED***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.29.0000
eMMC-boot

CID: HTC_102

Does anyone of you know how to S-OFF and permanent Root this kind of HBOOT?

Dec 26, 2011
Same here

I have a similar situation with my "normal" sensation, having HBOOT version 1.27.0000. Any help in this area would be very much appreciated!

purebeatz

Mar 21, 2012
Berlin
Thanks for the adwise i gonna try this later... i'll post the results, then...
But, i'am skeptikal about to unlock the Device at HTCdev... is there any other method?

:banghead:

Yes... Of course.... But I had no other choice. It was a hardwere defect. I tried a lot to reanimate the device and then i choose that way else to throw my absolutely broken device in trash....
Thanks for the lesson ;)

Is there anyone who tried succsesfully to S-OFF HBOOT-1.29.0000 on Sensation XE with junopunutbear?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

Last edited:

purebeatz

Mar 21, 2012
Berlin
me again... :)

so... iam on to s-off my sensation

but it didn't went well... iam trying to unlock my sensation XE z715e via htcdev

...i dont know what iam doing wrong...

When i flash the Unlock_token.bin i get the error massage:
"writing 'unlocktoken'... FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)"

... yes usb-debugging is on, faststart is off and i copied the token a hundred times and it always prouced a new token...

Should this be a problem of htcdev or maybe its caused off the hboot version off my device?
any ideas?

trstn

Aug 27, 2009
When i flash the Unlock_token.bin i get the error massage:
"writing 'unlocktoken'... FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)"

I'm getting the same. From what I've discovered it's either that this 1.29 HBOOT is so new that htcdev isn't updated to affect it, or that the sensation has changed internally and this new version is no longer supported (I got a new phone so could be the case, but my bet is the new HBOOT is too new).

I've just dropped a support request via htcdev, could be worth doing the same as anything that nudges them must help a bit: http://www.htcdev.com/contact

L

LLLeeo

I'm getting the same. From what I've discovered it's either that this 1.29 HBOOT is so new that htcdev isn't updated to affect it, or that the sensation has changed internally and this new version is no longer supported (I got a new phone so could be the case, but my bet is the new HBOOT is too new).

I've just dropped a support request via htcdev, could be worth doing the same as anything that nudges them must help a bit: http://www.htcdev.com/contact
I think the new board is the reason. I sent in my sensation because of a broken volume button and dust under the screen and they did replace the mainboard too. Completly pointless

purebeatz

Mar 21, 2012
Berlin
Yesterday ganeshp told me on IRC that we should try Simon's Wildfires Utility v2 to Unlock the new HBOOT version...

I'll test it later, when i have time... I'll post the results then...

The offer to wipe my stockrom is given, if some developer is interested in an image of the new bootloader version. Maybe it's helpfull to do research of it?

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Yesterday ganeshp told me on IRC that we should try Simon's Wildfires Utility v2 to Unlock the new HBOOT version...

I'll test it later, when i have time... I'll post the results then...

The offer to wipe my stockrom is given, if some developer is interested in an image of the new bootloader version. Maybe it's helpfull to do research of it?
Dont bother trying. It won't work with the sensation

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
you've checked it dexter...i think to make it work..we need to do small/simple modification(/dev/block for system ) in the script..but haven't tried it on any other phone...

you sure it wont work ?

Apart from that, it uses tacoroot which is patched. Plus that the whole procedure won't work in newer hboots.
Im interested to take a look at the new firmware. When you get some time, join on irc

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Apart from that, it uses tacoroot which is patched. Plus that the whole procedure won't work in newer hboots.
Im interested to take a look at the new firmware. When you get some time, join on irc

ohh F*** tacoroot got pacthed after 1.18 HBOOT ??
that's why its failing when im trying lol :D
that's all there is to it then....if no tacoroot..no root...no unlock :(

Reactions: purebeatz

purebeatz

Mar 21, 2012
Berlin
I tried Simon's Wildfires Utility v2, but i didn't work. It copied some files to the device, restarted and booted into the stock recovery... nothing more happend.

Yes of course... whats the name of the channel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you've checked it dexter...i think to make it work..we need to do small/simple modification(/dev/block for system ) in the script..but haven't tried it on any other phone...

you sure it wont work ?

try juopunutbear SOFF...
    original thread here
    JB SOFF

noob proof guide here
    JB SOFF GUIDE

also for 1.29 HBOOT...just confirmed with the JB devs ....through IRC

ohh F*** tacoroot got pacthed after 1.18 HBOOT ??
    that's why its failing when im trying lol :D
    that's all there is to it then....if no tacoroot..no root...no unlock :(
    It matters. Locked Hboots don't allow access to recovery & system.
    But yes, before S Off, Hboot doesn't matter (so long as it is 1.2x)
    If HTC Dev unlocked is used, then the normal method. If not, then your amazing guide. :)
    If the S Off yields a S Off Hboot that still says locked, it is necessary to flash the boot from appropriate user friendly firmware.

once we are SOFF..we have access to every partition...so if you are soff and still has locked bootloader it doesn't matter..as we can still change recovery and system and any other partition..but the only way we can change these is via PG58IMG file way .

The only advantage the unlocked bootloader or eng-hboots (juopunutbear/revolutionary) gives you is easy access to those partitions..via fastboot flash commands (or the so called extended commands)..which makes flashing those partitions easy :D

having eng-hboot after SOFF is a luxury not a necessity :)
    yes, HTC DEV not working for my phone..
    and sorry but i downloaded all softwears(temproot, controlbear) from your atachments...
    inside your [Q] Trying to S-OFF with Locked Sensation XE HBOOT-1.29.0000 page....
    One your comment you said about via PG58IMG.zip.... maybe i need to try this, but i dont now about thiz zip..

Nope not required just download what all mentioned in the guide ..and follow that to the letter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium