Samsung Galaxy S5 Demo Unit to phone with workstation?

Search This thread

Sammy11

May 7, 2012
Hi guys,

I use to build my Galaxy S3, Note2, S4, and Note3 vith live demo units (LDU). Im always get a LDU of the phone then i get a cheap SMASHED phone then a phone out of the LDU parts.

I got some S5 LDU-s and im just thinking on something: Would be possible to add the required parts (from a chines S5 or something) to the LDU to make it work? One of my friend got a very expensive profession workstation with a good lenses and control unit...

What is actually missing from there?

Any suggestion?

Cheers!
Sammy

TheDainCalleh

Nov 27, 2014
S5 LDU to Phone

Hi guys,

I use to build my Galaxy S3, Note2, S4, and Note3 vith live demo units (LDU). Im always get a LDU of the phone then i get a cheap SMASHED phone then a phone out of the LDU parts.

I got some S5 LDU-s and im just thinking on something: Would be possible to add the required parts (from a chines S5 or something) to the LDU to make it work? One of my friend got a very expensive profession workstation with a good lenses and control unit...

What is actually missing from there?

Any suggestion?

Cheers!
Sammy

Hi Sammy

The only way to do this would be to first figure out the differences between the LDU and the chinese copy. It can be done BUT IS VERY VERY DIFFICULT. You're going to have to use oscilloscopes and go through data sheet upon data sheet to really figure out the the circuitry before you can begin making the other parts work with the LDU, after which it probably won't fit back into the case. There is much reverse engineering to be done, because the chinese manufacturers probably don't use the same design templates. (The Kobo Glo and the Tolino eReaders use the same design templates. Have a look at those boards for a better idea)
If you do manage to use genuine S5 parts in the LDU, I'd like to learn more.

Remember, anything is possible.