HTC M8 memory problem on Android 8.1 Oreo fix

Search This thread

OGdroidster

Nov 29, 2015
This is for Android Oreo 8.1 VM values that I I found that worked through my testing.

Hello, my fellow xda mates. I got irritated with pauses and memory to invasive on Android Oreo 8.1 as I run extensive apps that run alot of memory and multitasking. I therefore started playing with Virtual Memory values and it worked. I tested this on unofficial lineageos and resurrection remix and it worked like a charm. I used Kernel Auditor to change my vm settings.

Steps to take:
1. Use Kernel Auditor or a similar kernel tweaking application of your choice.
2. Open Kernel Auditor application and grant the permissions.
3. Scroll down to virtual memory and click on virtual memory.
4.There are two settings we are going to change. Min_free_kbytes and extra_free_bytes.
5.Change min_free_kbytes=3140 to min_free_kybytes=5140
6. Change extra_free_kbytes=34300 to extra_free_kbytes=54300
note: If your default values are different than what are shown just change to the changed values shown.

Last edited:

louisr21

Dec 30, 2017
I will test your configuration. Thanks. Translated with Google translator

Sent from my m8 using XDA Labs

O'seun

Jun 23, 2016
Hi, i have a error message "Files keeps stopping" whenever i try to open the files menu on htc m8 oreo rom 15.1. I've cleared file data and storage manager still not solved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for Android Oreo 8.1 VM values that I I found that worked through my testing.

Hello, my fellow xda mates. I got irritated with pauses and memory to invasive on Android Oreo 8.1 as I run extensive apps that run alot of memory and multitasking. I therefore started playing with Virtual Memory values and it worked. I tested this on unofficial lineageos and resurrection remix and it worked like a charm. I used Kernel Auditor to change my vm settings.

Steps to take:
    1. Use Kernel Auditor or a similar kernel tweaking application of your choice.
    2. Open Kernel Auditor application and grant the permissions.
    3. Scroll down to virtual memory and click on virtual memory.
    4.There are two settings we are going to change. Min_free_kbytes and extra_free_bytes.
    5.Change min_free_kbytes=3140 to min_free_kybytes=5140
    6. Change extra_free_kbytes=34300 to extra_free_kbytes=54300
    note: If your default values are different than what are shown just change to the changed values shown.