[Q] NEC Medias W N-05E root? (dual screen phone)

Search This thread

bohemianRhapsody

Jan 12, 2014
Hi!

Is there a root available or in the works for the dual-screen NEC Medias W N-05E?

The question has been asked (no answer so far) at the end of a thread under the N-05D but that's a quite different model.
I'd like to create a separate thread for this model to give it more visibility. Hope that's ok!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: nguyenbuulam

bohemianRhapsody

Jan 12, 2014
Hi!

Is there a root available or in the works for the dual-screen NEC Medias W N-05E?

The question has been asked (no answer so far) at the end of a thread under the N-05D but that's a quite different model.
I'd like to create a separate thread for this model to give it more visibility. Hope that's ok!

Thanks in advance!

OK! I've made some progress on this: the japanese blogger "dupondroid" appears to say that run_root_shell (hosted at github)
successfully gives temp root. At least, that's my necessarily blurry understanding via google translate. Would any japanese readers here be able to post a better translation?

And a thread at r-2ch dot com links to the github commit in run_root_shell which made that possible: it's commit ID 811be8639aed64c158798a72a1d520a4d21e8b8b "Support N-05E"

Code:
+  { "N-05E",  "A1000311",    0xc0094430, 0xc0093ebc }

So it definitely seems temp root is possible. :D
Sorry for the lack of links but I'm a new user so can't add them for now.

Reactions: nguyenbuulam

it0

Jan 13, 2014
root is easy

OK! I've made some progress on this: the japanese blogger "dupondroid" appears to say that run_root_shell (hosted at github)
successfully gives temp root. At least, that's my necessarily blurry understanding via google translate. Would any japanese readers here be able to post a better translation?

And a thread at r-2ch dot com links to the github commit in run_root_shell which made that possible: it's commit ID 811be8639aed64c158798a72a1d520a4d21e8b8b "Support N-05E"

Code:

root is easy via a tool called impactor.

however it's only temporary, I couldn't get /system mounted for rw. so I made a new recovery image to push.
that didn't work either, although I cannot write to recovery there is no error. recoverybkp was successful.

Also I found that the code to enter in recovery mode is based on your imei.
If I remember correctly digit 2,12,13,14 of your imei.

So possible attack vectors are:
1) kernel module to unlock partitions
2) figure out how update.dat files are constructed.
3) write to recovery partition

Lukas_a_1996

Jun 6, 2013
root is easy via a tool called impactor.

however it's only temporary, I couldn't get /system mounted for rw. so I made a new recovery image to push.
that didn't work either, although I cannot write to recovery there is no error. recoverybkp was successful.

Also I found that the code to enter in recovery mode is based on your imei.
If I remember correctly digit 2,12,13,14 of your imei.

So possible attack vectors are:
1) kernel module to unlock partitions
2) figure out how update.dat files are constructed.
3) write to recovery partition

I can't seem to get anything to work i'v tried Impactor did not work just gave me errors also tried run_root_shell but had to have some device.db file with I didn't really figured out, could some one please help?

it0

Jan 13, 2014
I can't seem to get anything to work i'v tried Impactor did not work just gave me errors also tried run_root_shell but had to have some device.db file with I didn't really figured out, could some one please help?

I used impactor 0.9.14, you just hook up the phone using microusb and put the phone in usb debugging mode under development options. then selecct "# start telnetd as root on port 22" from the pulldown and click start.

Then using a tool like putty ,telnet to your phone on port 22 (make sure it's connected to you wifi network when you do).

What android version are you running ? 4.1.2 is vulnarable for this attack.

Reactions: Lukas_a_1996

Lukas_a_1996

Jun 6, 2013
I used impactor 0.9.14, you just hook up the phone using microusb and put the phone in usb debugging mode under development options. then selecct "# start telnetd as root on port 22" from the pulldown and click start.

Then using a tool like putty ,telnet to your phone on port 22 (make sure it's connected to you wifi network when you do).

Thanks for the reply :). I tried to run the command in impactor but whatever i do i get "Signature bugs unavailable" could it be that i have the wrong ADB drivers installed or is my Impactor setup wrong? :confused:

Edit: yeah im running 4.1.2 Build A1001231

it0

Jan 13, 2014
You could try if you can just get an adb connection working.

with commands like

adb devices
adb shell

If that works then the rest should work as well.

nguyenbuulam

Jan 4, 2015
How to Root Medias N05e

Dear All Pro
Does anyone show me how to root N05e? because there is very few information about that. I want to Swapfile to increase Ram size but it required N05e must be rooted.
So if anyone have any information about N05e, please share. Thanks :)

tobise

Jul 12, 2012
Hiroshima
Dear All Pro
Does anyone show me how to root N05e? because there is very few information about that. I want to Swapfile to increase Ram size but it required N05e must be rooted.
So if anyone have any information about N05e, please share. Thanks :)

There is a way for temp root N05E, basically u can use pm disable command or other su stuff. But u cannot mount system rw right now.;)

GRbit

Jul 1, 2014
Some news about rooting

If someone in doubt, temp root is 100% working with run_root_shell https://github.com/android-rooting-tools/android_run_root_shell

With this I was able to copy full system, boot and recovery image. But I can't push new boot or recovery.
More than that, almost all fuctions in standard recovery mode (available through "reboot recovery" in root shell) are protected with some code. And it's not 2,11,12,13 numbers of IMEI.
Anyone know where to get this code? Or how to write new boot, recovery image? If we do so, we can get permanent root access =)

Maybe someone have Japanese friends? Search all English web, but maybe in Japan web there are some info.

P.S. with Impactor you only can start talnetd from root, becouse Impactor can't remount /system in rw mode and ro.kernel.qemu=1 option is not working

Last edited:

bohemianRhapsody

Jan 12, 2014
How to enter recovery mode?

Despite starting this thread, in the end I never did bother to attempt rooting. :)

Anyway, unfortunately now the phone refuses to boot. Not triggered by anything obvious, haven't installed any new software recently, etc. Just hung one day and then when I removed and re-inserted the battery, it won't get any further than the "docomo" splash screen. I.e. the OS doesn't appear to be getting bootstrapped at all. The "docomo" splash screen appears and disappears then the phone sits there with both screens powered up but blank.

As it happens, I had ADB Debug enabled in the developer options at the time, so I've tried to see if I can adb shell into the device, but no luck. Not surprised as it's clearly not getting far enough into the boot for that to work.

Any other suggestions? From the way it happened I do suspect it might just be hardware failure....

Not even sure how I enter recovery mode -- what are the key combinations for this?

it0

Jan 13, 2014
Despite starting this thread, in the end I never did bother to attempt rooting. :)

Any other suggestions? From the way it happened I do suspect it might just be hardware failure....

Not even sure how I enter recovery mode -- what are the key combinations for this?

In recovery mode, clear cache, etc..

To get there hold volume down and power at the same time,then you'll see the broken android then wait/ press vol down a couple of times to see the menu.

hamishhhhs

Dec 15, 2018
Some news about rooting

If someone in doubt, temp root is 100% working with run_root_shell https://github.com/android-rooting-tools/android_run_root_shell

With this I was able to copy full system, boot and recovery image. But I can't push new boot or recovery.
More than that, almost all fuctions in standard recovery mode (available through "reboot recovery" in root shell) are protected with some code. And it's not 2,11,12,13 numbers of IMEI.
Anyone know where to get this code? Or how to write new boot, recovery image? If we do so, we can get permanent root access =)

Maybe someone have Japanese friends? Search all English web, but maybe in Japan web there are some info.

P.S. with Impactor you only can start talnetd from root, becouse Impactor can't remount /system in rw mode and ro.kernel.qemu=1 option is not working

did you ever figure out the recovery keys?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

Thanks in advance!
    Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Code: