[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Search This thread

anon1135

Jan 23, 2017
What I want in a phone... Snapdragon 835, 8gb ram, minimum 64 GB internal storage, 5" 1080p ips screen, a headphone jack, microSD card slot, fm radio, stereo front facing speakers, water resistance, large heat pipe, and good developer support. ...oh and don't forget the large battery! 12 hours of heavy usage of SOT would be great... heavy usage being recording 1080p gaming videos of FPS games.

With that said, i'm pretty sure no such phone exists. So what would be the best fit?

that would be the perfect phone that everyone should get and we probably won't be seeing for a while lol. I like me some front facing speakers myself but choices are so limited because they'll be lacking in something else. not many phones have that good balance so we just try to live with it and make our moneys worth without regretting the purchase

that would be the perfect phone that everyone should get and we probably won't be seeing for a while lol. I like me some front facing speakers myself but choices are so limited because they'll be lacking in something else. not many phones have that good balance so we just try to live with it and make our moneys worth without regretting the purchase

TBH I don't think we'll ever see a phone like that. More and more OEMs are removing the headphone jack and the microSD card slot and going with fragile glass builds.

jaqjordan

Jun 29, 2009
Hi,
I have to buy phone to my company. I've selected two:
- Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Sony Xperia XA2
It can't be anything else. It has to be phone available in operator.
Advantages Mate 10 Lite:
- 4/64GB
- 18:9
Advantages Sony XA2:
- NFC
- USB-C
- Battery life
- Clean Android
- Snap 630 with QC
I'm wondering is 3GB RAM will be enough for upcoming 2 years?

narshi shukla

Jul 1, 2016
Delhi
xdaforums.com
Hi,
I have to buy phone to my company. I've selected two:
- Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Sony Xperia XA2
It can't be anything else. It has to be phone available in operator.
Advantages Mate 10 Lite:
- 4/64GB
- 18:9
Advantages Sony XA2:
- NFC
- USB-C
- Battery life
- Clean Android
- Snap 630 with QC
I'm wondering is 3GB RAM will be enough for upcoming 2 years?
As of now and with snapdragon 630 it i'll be enough for day to day tasks, web surfing can't say about gaming i doubt.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

I think everyone would buy the pro. The original redmi 5 is a fail. Just watch
But trick that Xiaomi knows that 5 is in 10 12k range whereas its first redmi reached 17k, when I bought max prime at this price, in India redmi note 5 still be hit because of its price, however competition offers better specs, consider honor 9 lite, i thinks Xiaomi will drop the price to 8 k.

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
I am trying to upgrade from an LG G3 to something newer(used). Looking to find something like my G3.

Budget: $180usd
+5.x inch screen
3GB Ram or more
32 GB+ Internal
SD card slot
Unlocked/Unlockable Boot Loader

Need suggestions as fast as possible. My phone is on its last leg so I need to order it ASAP. Probably buy from Swappa as usual.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I am trying to upgrade from an LG G3 to something newer(used). Looking to find something like my G3.

+5.x inch screen
3GB Ram or more
32 GB+ Internal
SD card slot

Need suggestions as fast as possible. My phone is on its last leg so I need to order it ASAP. Probably buy from Swappa as usual.

Be careful with Swappa. Many have been scammed as of late. Ever since they allowed companies to use their site.

Hello everyone. I am currently using an lg stylo 3 plus, wife has a htc desire 530. I am about to buy us new phones. She wants whatever I get. I'm not really sure what I want to get and am looking for some suggestions. We are looking to spend about 250-300 per phone. I want something with lots of dev support. I'm a custom romaholic. I'll change roms 3 times a day to play around. Needs to have a decent camera. I like the camera on my stylo 3 plus so would like something similar or better. Must have sd slot. Run games smoothly like gta:sa. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
Yes they have never had an sd slot unfortunately. One drawback to google devices, one i have learned to live with however

sent from my Pixel 2 XL or Note FE
I might just be a little old school still but I like having an SD Cards.

Phone needs to be Straight Talk(AT&T) compatible.

+5.x inch screen
3GB Ram or more
32 GB+ Internal
SD card slot

Psyvhward

Jan 25, 2018
I dropped my s5 not once but twice spidering it x2.... So I decided I needed an upgrade
I don't have a whole lotta cash to spend but about 200-250 usd
Mainly use it for a hotspot
Bigger screen
4glte is a must (Verizon)
Perf SD card
I run custom mods
I tinker with it so a larger community would be helpful as well .
(Straight talk Verizon towers)
Thanks

Howdy... Help me make my mind up...

Best phone I ever had, LG G flex 2. Never had a single issue with it except when I tried to play video games on it in the Oklahoma summer heat... Rooted it had some really cool abilities. It finally bricked on me with a 9008.

I've played with quiet a few phones and I am now shopping for a phone for Boost mobile since I have 2 months free and 15/mo for 6 months afterwards. Here is what I would like the have in a phone

Qualcomm 821 or faster CPU
6gb or more rams
64 gb min storage
expandable storage
dual band wifi
1080 screen is from but obviously more is better right?
rootable
medium sized screen, dont NEED a phablet but oh well if I end up with gigantor

Finally it needs to be boost compatible but I would like to find a cheaper service so eventually I would be getting it unlocked

bigo72

Jan 29, 2012
Dese

+5.x inch screen
3GB Ram or more
32 GB+ Internal
SD card slot

Oneplus 3T, listen to me. The most "XDA-Friendly", in my opinion. I'm very very happy with it. And I think you can find it used at the price you wish.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Got the Edge 30 Ultra for 430€ - it was a long search, but its a very good choice for that money in Europe/AT.

Hello, I need some advice for a new phone.I was fine with my old g6 play until he broke(charging iusses).
    I need it for 3 usage:
    -daily driver
    -my app development and debug( not published on the store so I don't care about android version).
    -I want to try to build my own ROM as described in some tutorials here on xda.
    So main feature that I'm looking:
    - easy unlockable bootloader
    -better if the it's not exotic so maybe it will be easy to port lineage os or others.
    -Not too big (5 inch g6 play was fine, but I won't 7 inch display in my pocket!!)
    -decent photo, speed and battery usage.
    -compass
    -I don't care about software update etc.
    -price: I hope under 250€

What about the Moto G84?

You can get it for 200€, nice SOC, its not a no-name brand - pure Android,
    Qualcomm SoC - so there will be a lot custom ROMs.

Help me choose between budget Samsung and older Xperia

I always tended to buy second hand devices and really liked Xperias, my last phone was XA2 which I was able to utilise for long thanks to LineageOS. But since my banking app and NFC payments stopped working, and I don't have inclination anymore to tinker endlessly with safetynet etc., I decided to get a new device.

So first I went looking for something usable for around $100 (I know, pretty low budget, but that's me haha), and since I had bought previously a Samsung A14 for my girlriend and she's happy with it, I went for one too (4G version, new). After using it for a few weeks, I'm quite impressed with One UI over stock Android, and it's good to know there will be updates (I think it's going to get Android 15). What I'm not sure about is the size, I'm used to small phones, but then again having a big screen is nice as well. I don't watch much youtube on phone though. The phone has only 4GB RAM though and does lag sometimes. I'm fairly basic user overall, just need phone for messages and calls, ocassional photos and yt. Also I noticed. for some reason the smart lock (exten unlock) is kind of unreliable, which is annoying. Also sound quality is lacking, even after installing third party equalizer.

So I kept thinking, maybe I should get somehing second-hand with better specs, andI really like small phones, so I went looking on ebay and ended up getting an Xperia 10 III at good price. I like the specs better - OLED, 6GB RAM, feels more snappy, but it runs on Android 13 (I was suprised not to see much customisation from Sony like in older Xperias). Still fairly recent. Weird form factor though, I think it's 21:9, but I like it.

So now I'm stuck with these 2 phones and can't decide which to keep. Which one in the long run will be more reliable and less headache? Any recommendations? (edit: I'm not planning to use them for longer than say 2 years).

You can buy the G42 for about 115€ - maybe you should look into that phone:

And for about 155€ you can get the G72:

Mostly pure Android, no ads, will serve you well.
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Any hint how I can obtain physical access to a device that I don't own yet in order to install this certainly great app for the suggested check?
    G53 is a low end phone - G42 is a better choice.
    Amoled, FHD, better SoC etc

Xperia 10 III is as good as G42, with more RAM, but an older phone and cost more:
    Before you buy an used phone, check it with this app:

See how many charging cycles it has.
    500+ and you know the battery is on way down.
    Thanks. Won't work on my phone as it's for Android 14, but am looking for another app to check number of cycles.

Its a bit older phone, but still nice.
    Bit smaller screen size, smaller battery, less RAM, but a better camera, OTG support, and should get Android 14 too.

If the price is right, lower than G84, and you like the phone, go for it.

If the price is the same, and the camera is not in your focus, then get the G84 because it has an amasing battery life, microSD expansion is very nice too.
    mines is either galaxy s3 or galaxy note for t-mobile

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium App
    For sure Samsung Galaxy S3

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
    Asus Padfone for me!
    Not sure yet, but seeing as my HTC has had its life dramatically extended by HTC unlocking bootloader for thier devices and so making it much easier to root and mod I am finding it difficult to find a complelling reason to move from HTC
    Probably the Galaxy S3. Hopefully we'll see an updated Note later in the year.