ohad129

Jan 25, 2013
Done ! I expririence the first random reboot

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yahfar

Feb 29, 2016
I'm getting this error.

downloading 'boot.img'...
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.003s

yanleites

Dec 15, 2012
Jerusalem
@Chainfire great work ;) , but I have few issues on my N5X.
I can´t install busybox and AdAway, and I can´t write to system with TotalCommander, but I can uninstall system apps with Titanium Backup, also some other root apps can work without any issue.

If I can help you somehow more, let me know ;)

+1
Adaway can't update hosts and ES file explorer cannot reach /system

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

@Chainfire, after flashing your root, phone became ENCRYPTED and I cannot access the /system from TWRP or ES.

Reactions: Zlatty
@Chainfire, after flashing your root, phone became ENCRYPTED and I cannot access the /system from TWRP or ES.
Flashed 2.69 from TWRP 3.0.0.1 on Nexus 6 (shamu), rebooted, TiBu and double-tap to wake app successfully gained root. Rebooted back into TWRP 3.0.0.1, mounted system partition and deleted some crap from /system/app just fine thru adb shell. So it works on N6 at least. Good luck with your 5X.

Reactions: Alxoom33

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Google is getting very restrictive with N, regular apps basically can't read anything in sysfs (there are a few exceptions like sysfs_devices_system_cpu)

Of course, apps can read and write with su shell, but that's no good for non-root apps. Things in sysfs weren't writable before, and I wouldn't expect them to be, but at least they were readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All code changes needed for N Preview have been rolled into the BETA releases starting v2.71 BETA. This thread is now closed. If a new N Preview release comes out, or N Final is released, this thread may be re-opened. For now, proceed to the BETA thread!

OLD CONTENT

This thread is dedicated to SuperSU on N Preview. With the first few releases I'm not merging it directly with the BETA branch, as there have been some invasive changes under the hood regarding SELinux handling, and there should be a little bit more testing done before going there. Still, I expect this to be done within the next week or two.

I've only had the chance to test on the 5X so far, so there is some risk involved. If you're not comfortable reflashing everything due to bootloops, crashes, etc, wait for others to play the guinea pig.

RC-SuperSU-v2.70-20160314191951.zip

As this hasn't been merged with the BETA branch yet, I'm not updating the main CF-Auto-Root distribution either. But as TWRP isn't working yet on all N Preview devices either, attached are test CFAR versions.

Note that you are also welcome to flash this SuperSU version on pre-N firmwares, and report back if everything still works as expected.

If you have tried other methods of rooting, you need to at least flash back your stock boot.img before flashing SuperSU.
    Depending on how much you have played around, reflashing /system may also be a wise move.

If you came from SuperSU v2.69, you need to reflash via TWRP or CFAR. Installing just the APK and updating binaries will not fix all the issues!
    --- reserved ---
    N Preview RC BETA's have been rolled into the normal BETA releases. Continue in the BETA thread.

CLOSED
    For root app devs and interested users: N Preview: Surviving Your Trip To Mount Doom - https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/dGPQytapwe3
    --- more reserved ---