[APP][2.1+] Phone INFO ★Samsung★, Refurbishment Check, CSC Changer and more

Search This thread

0vermind

Apr 13, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
What happens if the country is changed to a language in which the phone does not have the appropriate font to display that? Will ads just show white squares or question marks? Likewise, perhaps a dummy font with all blank characters could be installed on the phone, causing ads to essentially be blank? Would be interesting.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
hi, thanks for the great app, other than the refurbishment test is there a way to find out if the phone is brand new or already used ? i want to install it before i buy a galaxy s6 edge+ but since the phone is old people are saying it has to be refurb or atleast used since older phones are super hard to find in iran. assuming if the refurb test passes, how can i check if it was used before for example "how many times the phone has been connected to the charger" based on the google play page of the app. i have a meeting in the sellers shop to check the phone and i dont know how to check if it's used before when i install the app on it... already installed it on a huawei but since the brand is not supported i couldnt tell heads or tales from it. sorry for taking your time, a reply would be greatly appreciated

Hi. Sorry for late reply.

Honestly it is hard to answer to your question.
This is not only the problem with Samsung phones but also with any other brands.
There is no reliable way to tell if the phone has been used and how long/how frequently it has been used.

This app was trying to discover as much as possible such type of information in the PERSONAL tab (e.g usage counters, Battery Discharge Cycles, Battery Health, Knox status, etc).
But unfortunately those info are not always available.
i.e it depends on the phone model, phone rooting, etc...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aug 21, 2018
965/5000 Doubt with the information of the battery discharge cycles.

Hi good day:

I sent my Samsung phone as a guarantee because I had a problem with the battery. The technical team made the diagnosis to determine the cause of the problem and they told me that the battery was damaged and had to be replaced.

After 3 days they handed me the phone, and on the diagnostic sheet they gave me, they mentioned that they changed the battery.

Check the part of the battery discharge cycle of the application after the phone was supposedly delivered "with the new battery" and shows the same battery discharge cycles it had before my phone had the supposed "new battery ".

My question is: in the application, the information that shows about the battery discharge cycles, should the battery cycle counter be zeroed because it is a new battery? o Will the meter not change despite having a new battery?

I want to make sure that they really changed my battery but the application already got me thinking and I feel that they didn't change it

billa

Mar 30, 2006
On rooted Oreo phones with the latest SuperSU v2.82R5 using both Samsung Phone Info and Shortcut Master, there's an java.lang error when trying run any RILServiceMode commands like com.sec.android.RILServiceModeApp/<android_secret_code:0011:0>
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4514309&d=1527711585

I've read on an FDroid developer changelog that the java.lang error can be ignored by the catch exexption, and it should work fine. Supposedly it's a non-fatal error.
"Ignore dumb java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException"
The app is called SuperFreezZ, and maybe you can get in touch with him to see if you could figure this issue out.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/superfreeze.tool.android/

The normal ADB "broadcast" command doesn't work either for secret_codes, nothing pops up on the phone.
adb shell am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://0011
Broadcasting: Intent { act=android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE dat=android_secret_code://0011 flg=0x400000 }
Broadcast completed: result=0

While playing around with Logcat on a rooted G930U on Oreo, I've noticed that the android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE requires permission to the com.sec.factory.permission.KEYSTRING, which might be the key enabling it on newer Androids. Interestingly if I insert a 520K test dongle into the phone and go to the dialer, it enables a lot of normally non-working secret codes directly on the keypad (including *#27663368378#, *#22745927#, *#33725327#, etc. maybe it enables the factory keystring??)
Filter #5: BroadcastFilter{ac06490}
Action: "android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE"
Scheme: "android_secret_code"
AutoVerify=false
requiredPermission=com.sec.factory.permission.KEYSTRING

Not sure if it's just me, so if anyone has any solution sending the Secret_Code over ADB successfully on Oreo or higher, please let me know.
I miss those commands so bad. :(

Last edited:

Hedayatsm

Nov 16, 2019
Hi, under battery, or even the refurbishment check, the headset and charge cycle counter says <root>. Anyway to check it without rooting the device? Thank you.

glowerita

Apr 16, 2012
Udine (Italy)
Hi to all Guys.

From the Samsung Service Center I had the Note8 battery replaced.
I can see that Your Application gives me back a number of Discharges same (equal) as before the battery replacement.
Someone Know the the reason?
Where does that number read the application? From the same battery?
The Application is wrong or... the battery is not really replaced? :(

I would really be very grateful in an your answer, I would eventually return to Assistance and report it.

Thank you in advance.

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
Google Pixel 7a
Hi to all Guys.

From the Samsung Service Center I had the Note8 battery replaced.
I can see that Your Application gives me back a number of Discharges same (equal) as before the battery replacement.
Someone Know the the reason?
Where does that number read the application? From the same battery?
The Application is wrong or... the battery is not really replaced? :(

I would really be very grateful in an your answer, I would eventually return to Assistance and report it.

Thank you in advance.

This info is safed on the Mainboard, not in the battery.
If it really was an athorized Samsung Service, then they forgot to reset battery stats.
You cant do this yourself without root, so best would be to send it in again.

Reactions: glowerita
PHONE INFO *SAMSUNG* [Version 3.8.1]
Since a couple of Days the Firmwarebrowser shows an ERROR:

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20191210-072910.jpg
    SmartSelect_20191210-072910.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 102

Grimm-reaper

Mar 21, 2018
After update to One Ui 2.0 on my S10 5g (Exynos) charging cycle counter disappeared. Is it Phone info SAM bug or missed feature? Does One Ui 2.0 still storage information about charging cycles?

toshik1

Jul 9, 2011
St.Augustine FL
Last update was in Dezember 2019.

Samsung started selling phones with Android 10 on December 5th (with letter C, there is no letter Z in this word). So it's out for 1.5 months now. I understand it's a free software but something tells me the developer might have heard of Android 10 coming out :) All recent models got 10 OTA update by now.

Program, called "phone INFO" can't show the main phone INFO, called IMEI? LOL

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    seem this app is gone, i cannot open, License check error
    and play store cannot found this app
    You can try PhoNetInfo instead: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.patrickfrei.phonetinfo.free
    [APP][2.1+] Phone INFO ★Samsung★, Refurbishment Check, CSC Changer and more

★★★ Written specifically for SAMSUNG phones ★★★

Have you ever wanted to know the Country of Origin behind the label "MADE BY SAMSUNG"? When the phone was manufactured? Then this app is for you.

Using this app you can know exactly what country your phone has been produced for. So you can choose the correct firmare to flash.
    You can known your Bootloader version so you can decide what method use to root, whether the Knox will be tripped, which firmware version can be flash over...

Features: Displays the following informations about your phone

SAMSUNG SPECIFIC INFO:

- Phone Colour (Samsung specific)
    - CSC Product Code (Samsung specific)
    - CSC Sales Code (Samsung specific)
    - Country Region (Samsung specific)
    - RIL Serial Number (Samsung specific)
    - PDA Version (Samsung specific)
    - CSC Version (Samsung specific)
    - Changelist (Samsung specific)
    - Country of Origin ★ (Samsung specific)
    - Phone Manufacturing Date ★ (Samsung specific)
    - Knox Warranty Void ★ (Samsung specific)

OTHER INFO:

- Manufacturer
    - Phone Model
    - Device Name
    - Product Name
    - IMEI
    - Serial No
    - Bootloader Version
    - Baseband Version
    - Kernel Version
    - Build Number
    - Build Description
    - Fingerprint
    - Build Date
    - Android Version
    - Mobile Operator Name/Mobile Network Code
    - Total RAM, Screen size and resolution, Battery capacity and health

DOWNLOAD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoneinfosamsung/

☆ Support multi-language:

English, العربية (Arabic), Deutsch (German), Français (French), Italiano (Italian), עברית (Hebrew), Português (Portuguese), Română (Romanian), Русский (Russian), Shqip (Albanian), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), Türkçe (Turkish), 中文 (Chinese).

Here is the text file of all phrases in the app. Please help to translate it into your native language.
    Please kindly confirm before translating to avoid duplicating the translation.

Thank you all for your support.

w7x6_px5wzmee7RUx1120g3vx8CUkG--bqRWlH2ZvBRZPrO4COG0Kj1HnoQAz7HnXM4=h900
    0CnP6sHaGpd9JTnIs8tCWwtZVN2n9_ORReA4cN6vEBTHjq4zQkBFbFS7tqBgDEMVY-o=h900
    OfIOZE2lVzZoWuPeHf48uXfcQGIbQRvfQAgR21G43m_5qC6-NBmDE4TPMMzEJyLNeszS=h900
    RRH279-GjlCw91APsdxedheJFe7x2V1IQ4p6dQLZV7HpciHmh-I5JDBrKD2rq7X6zw=h900
    Solution for "Error type 2" message

If you got the "Error type 2" message (see the attached screenshot) when trying to launch a secret code (in the 'Secret Codes' menu) or 'CSC Changer', 'CSC Verifier', 'ServiceMode MAIN MENU' (in the 'Other Tools' menu), you need to update SuperSU app to the version 2.49 (currently still Beta) or later, and also update its binaries.

Here is how:
    - Download the zip file at http://download.chainfire.eu/740/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip
    - Extract and get the Superuser.apk file from the 'common' folder inside it.
    - Install Superuser.apk, it will ask to update the binaries to the latest version. Let it update.
    - Reboot the phone.
    New update v3.4.0: Fixed and Improved the Refurbishment Check function.

Thank you all.
    Update v3.2.5:

- Added Screen Density info (DPI).
    - Added Türkçe (Turkish) language.
    - Improved the Dark theme, fixed some UI issues.
    - Fixed some translation errors.

Enjoy.
    New update v3.3.2:

- Added Sensors info in the HARDWARE tab (tap on it for a list of all sensors).
    - Improved start-up speed.
    - Fixed CPU temperature issue on some devices.
    - Updated translations.
    - Added new language: Español (Spanish).

Enjoy.