[BACKPORT][6.0.1+] Pixel Launcher P-4275643 from Google Pixel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012

So... Here we are again, the title says it all.
This is a quick (I spent 3 hours on it) backport of the Pixel Launcher P-4275643, extracted from the Pixel 2 images. I'ved tested it on my SHIELD Tablet, and as it wasn't working, I modded it so that it'd work just fine on any Android 6.0.1+ devices.

I have implemented the Google's signature verification patch, as according to this thread so that the application doesn't Force Close on launch, as well as all the goodies from the Pixel Launcher OMR1-4113793 v4 backport.

I've tested the application in my SHIELD Tablet running official LineageOS 13.0 nightlies, as well as in my Wileyfox Swift 2 with Android 7.1.2, and seems to be working like a charm when there's no substratum overlays enabled with latest Google Play Services installed.
However, like last time I'd like to roll call all of you to please, test it and report back with any issue you find.

DOWNLOAD LINK
SMALI MODIFICATIONS

NOTE:
- DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES, please.
- The background color of the App Drawer won't look blue in Samsung devices, like last times, as I fixed it to look white.
- The apk, like last time, has been signed with my own key, so uninstall any previous versions before installing this one ;)
- Bloggers! YouTubers! If you post links to this backport PLEASE, be sure NOT to make mirrors of it, and, it'd be awesome if you mentioned the original author in your blog posts.
- ¡Bloggeros! ¡YouTubers! Si posteais enlaces de éste backport, POR FAVOR, NO lo resubais, y, estaría genial si mencionárais quién es el autor del mismo.
- Do you want to get Android O emojis? Check this out.
- No, still no reflection.engine crashes :laugh:

Screenshots:

PBff90F.jpg

fVP4cr2.jpg

5kEOuCc.jpg

Special thanks to P4Block for having to hear me screaming when the code doesn't work, and Jose (in case you read this, <3)

Last edited:

xitopodo

Jun 26, 2014
Jaén
First of all, thanks for the port!! Finally it works for Android 6 ??

I tried in my Blackview R6 (Mediatek chip), and it works good, but sometimes, the launcher crashes doing actions like making a folder in the main screen.

But I'm sure next updates will solve this problem (or maybe it's just me ??).... Thanks so much!

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
First of all, thanks for the port!! Finally it works for Android 6

I tried in my Blackview R6 (Mediatek chip), and it works good, but sometimes, the launcher crashes doing actions like making a folder in the main screen.

But I'm sure next updates will solve this problem (or maybe it's just me ??).... Thanks so much!

Thanks for your kind comment.
I know why this happens (notice that it only crashes when the pop-up menu that handles the DeepLinks hasn't fully opened yet), and I'm already working on bringing a fix to it.
Please, be patient! ;)

injectx

Nov 4, 2010
Thank you very much, was waiting for someone to fix the blue folder background on Samsung devices.
Only thing that doesn't work is the weather at the top (and yes, I enabled location permissions).

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Thank you very much, was waiting for someone to fix the blue folder background on Samsung devices.
Only thing that doesn't work is the weather at the top (and yes, I enabled location permissions).

I supposed it was my device's fault since I don't have the Google app installed. But, it's probably related to this:

linuxct said:
I have implemented the Google's signature verification patch, as according to this thread so that the application doesn't Force Close on launch

I'll need to investigate if it can get fixed.

Indashio

Oct 24, 2014
Widget not working good Don't show date only weather But when click in empty place show calendar but not showing like on Nougat version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171015-000805.jpg
    Screenshot_20171015-000805.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2,812

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Widget not working good Don't show date only weather But when click in empty place show calendar but not showing like on Nougat version

Thanks for bringing that up. But as commented:

I supposed it was my device's fault since I don't have the Google app installed. But, it's probably related to this:

___

One more problem When I want moved icon launcher has stopped Xperia Z2

Read:
I know why this happens (notice that it only crashes when the pop-up menu that handles the DeepLinks hasn't fully opened yet), and I'm already working on bringing a fix to it.
Please, be patient! ;)

Reactions: mike9976

Aresdfgh

Oct 15, 2017
Hi, launcher is working well for me :D
However, at a glance and the google now doesnt work for me :(
Galaxy A9 os6.0

Feb 27, 2015

Im having the same exact issue on my LG G Stylo. The clock widget looks like yours missing the time and date. I have stock 6.0 for android and funny enough the version made for 7.0+ works fine but also has the same issue with the click widget. I also notice in both that one the app tray is flicked open, smoothness goes out the door.. pretty choppy. I read in the other forum people with the Galaxy S8 were getting some choppy animations with the app tray open.

Reactions: MikeTheDude

Son-j

Jul 24, 2014
Found a bug: in my home screen, if I click an app icon and move it immediately (before the vibration, indicating that I'm moving that app), I return to my previously used launcher and that designation of my default launcher gets reset. Also no Google Now :)

Otherwise, it's working well. :)

I'm using Redmi Note 4 MTK, Android 6. Thanks for developing such a lightweight launcher :)

Reactions: midhun.ko

febry_valdy

Dec 14, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
It lookzs good with navigation bar but the opposite without navbar (looks ugly to me).

Btw, still i appreciate ur work dude, keep it up.
788f12ce442b72d0c601387d0d6d6d59.jpg
6f274f397af5171e53843bdd3860ddf2.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So... Here we are again, the title says it all.
    This is a quick (I spent 3 hours on it) backport of the Pixel Launcher P-4275643, extracted from the Pixel 2 images. I'ved tested it on my SHIELD Tablet, and as it wasn't working, I modded it so that it'd work just fine on any Android 6.0.1+ devices.

I have implemented the Google's signature verification patch, as according to this thread so that the application doesn't Force Close on launch, as well as all the goodies from the Pixel Launcher OMR1-4113793 v4 backport.

I've tested the application in my SHIELD Tablet running official LineageOS 13.0 nightlies, as well as in my Wileyfox Swift 2 with Android 7.1.2, and seems to be working like a charm when there's no substratum overlays enabled with latest Google Play Services installed.
    However, like last time I'd like to roll call all of you to please, test it and report back with any issue you find.

DOWNLOAD LINK
    SMALI MODIFICATIONS

NOTE:
    - DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES, please.
    - The background color of the App Drawer won't look blue in Samsung devices, like last times, as I fixed it to look white.
    - The apk, like last time, has been signed with my own key, so uninstall any previous versions before installing this one ;)
    - Bloggers! YouTubers! If you post links to this backport PLEASE, be sure NOT to make mirrors of it, and, it'd be awesome if you mentioned the original author in your blog posts.
    - ¡Bloggeros! ¡YouTubers! Si posteais enlaces de éste backport, POR FAVOR, NO lo resubais, y, estaría genial si mencionárais quién es el autor del mismo.
    - Do you want to get Android O emojis? Check this out.
    - No, still no reflection.engine crashes :laugh:

Screenshots:

PBff90F.jpg

fVP4cr2.jpg

5kEOuCc.jpg

Special thanks to P4Block for having to hear me screaming when the code doesn't work, and Jose (in case you read this, <3)
    I got tired of this. This port is supposed to stay as close to the original as possible, and not adding extra functionality or whatever else. I started doing this since Oreo Developer Preview 1, because I wanted it for myself and so that I was able to use it on my SHIELD Tablet running LineageOS 13. And then I decides to share it with the community for those who may want to give it a try, as many people in the APKMirror comment section were asking for it, that's it.

All that being said, thread closed. It's a non-sense to keep it open.
    First of all, thanks for the port!! Finally it works for Android 6

Thanks for your kind comment.
    Please, be patient! ;)

linuxct said:
    I have implemented the Google's signature verification patch, as according to this thread so that the application doesn't Force Close on launch

One more problem When I want moved icon launcher has stopped ? Xperia Z2