[ROM][DEV]Meizu-M9.alpha

Search This thread

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
DEV M9-Meizu DEV

hey all, we were working on this for a bit but XxDaLoWeSt1xX beat us to it...so congrats on BOOT!!! not much atm but with my patch its enough to fix everything else...all we need is signal now since its a gsm port to cdma....THIS IS NOT A DAILY DRIVER...this is DEV. the patch i made while i was working on it adds new kernel,32mb dalvic heap,usb,hardware&lighting buttons, and stops random reboot...now we just need the signal and were good...flash the patch over top of the rom. THEN begin to help if you are a DEV. thx
(once again i take no credit for boot, i tried and failed many times :( i just made the patch below)

NOTE: only dev help in this thread will warrant reply until this makes beta

DOWNLOAD M9 MEIZU HERE
(original was not signed)

DOWNLOAD FLASH PATCH HERE
Me & Rush

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
MIUI.DEV

Last edited:

hellorenauldo

Sep 3, 2010
Fernandina Bch, FL
this is like the time when I was standing out in front of best buy for 19 hours waiting for a PS3. Needless to say after the wait, I was not disappointed! Wow, it feels good to see this.

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
This is pretty awesome, i always had prefer this over miui.
Much nicer and cleaner, test it out and its deft a nice rom, good job on porting it, hopefully someone get it workin together soon.

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
This is pretty awesome, i always had prefer this over miui.
Much nicer and cleaner, test it out and its deft a nice rom, good job on porting it, hopefully someone get it workin together soon.

gotta fix it but i was geekd about this for a while...took a break a while back to keep dev stuffs fun ^_^

Nice job :)

This isn't an easy port.

now to get everything working....and yeah i know, trust me WE tried....

Reactions: geekaren

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
This is similar to MIUI right???

yeah, but im my opinion it looks more slick and professional,

simple and very clean look

this is how it looks for those who never heard of the rom.

12-18-10-meizum9ui001-1292688853.jpg

12-18-10-meizum9ui003-1292688855.jpg

check out more screenshots of the rom from ENGADGET REVIEW.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/meizu-m9-ui-screenshots/#3698882

Reactions: alongmire22

brownmc77

Apr 5, 2010
Does indeed look good, and knowing that MagnusRagnarok is working on this, its sure to be a winner. Thanks Mag.

jm5503

Sep 30, 2009
Is it possible to "kang" a few things from the miui rom to get this up and goin properly?

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
I'm surprised (pleasantly :)) that this ROM is being developed for the EVO... it is much more professional than MIUI. Unfortunately, I never use ROMs that don't have everything working (so pretty much none of them I use... LOL), but having this in development is exciting :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEV M9-Meizu DEV

hey all, we were working on this for a bit but XxDaLoWeSt1xX beat us to it...so congrats on BOOT!!! not much atm but with my patch its enough to fix everything else...all we need is signal now since its a gsm port to cdma....THIS IS NOT A DAILY DRIVER...this is DEV. the patch i made while i was working on it adds new kernel,32mb dalvic heap,usb,hardware&lighting buttons, and stops random reboot...now we just need the signal and were good...flash the patch over top of the rom. THEN begin to help if you are a DEV. thx
    (once again i take no credit for boot, i tried and failed many times :( i just made the patch below)

NOTE: only dev help in this thread will warrant reply until this makes beta

DOWNLOAD M9 MEIZU HERE
    (original was not signed)

DOWNLOAD FLASH PATCH HERE
    Me & Rush

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
    MIUI.DEV

Soooooo, anything happening with this still? Would really be disappointed if it were a loss cause. Like I said before I'm pretty savvy with Photoshop. I could make some sort of logo or splash screen for you guys, just pm me if interested.

Sent from my Evolution

not given up...more like not yet begun. the patch i made took me less than 5 mins..ive been working on other projects.i should have some time soon now. sorry about the holdup,i just wanted to get it up over here so the DEV community could take a look @ it too,getting it running properly,faster; thus achieving my goal...YET ANOTHER EVO ROM CHOICE!!!!
    Hi there everyone

I am the forum moderator at Meizu international forums. It is great to see that so many of you are interested in the Meizu M9 rom. It definatly is a beautiful rom isnt it? I can tell you that the Meizu engineers are working on making Google calender and google contact syncs work properly.

However while it is a beautiful rom, many of you who have tried the rom will find that the english translations on the rom are abit dodgy. As a result I have suggested to Meizu to update their English rom for their gingerbread release. However Meizu needs your help to make it better. I have already composed a list of 200 changes that meizu should make.

To find out how you can help Meizu and get better English/ other support, check out this: forum.meizu.com/viewthread.php?tid=5969
    I hope if many of you guys like the Meizu rom ports, then make your next phone a Meizu :)

Also, if you havent seen what its like to use a Meizu before, check out my ultimate review at forum.meizu.com/viewthread.php?tid=5905
    Nice job :)

This isn't an easy port.