[KERNEL] Insecure Kernels for use with rooting

Search This thread

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
A close friend asked me to make him an insecure kernel for KE2 which I have now decided to release to the community.

I have also made KE7 which I think will be more useful to the community.

If anyone wants a specific kernel then request in this thread and I will make it when I have enough time. If you only want to root your device and then will flash back to the stock kernel then there is no need to request your specific version (use any version which is close to your current version), you only need to use a specific version if you want to run with the insecure kernel.

If you like my work, maybe you would like to say thanks by buying me a beer ;)

Post was getting large, so older versions have been moved to here GT-I9100

Insecure Kernels:-

GT-I9100_BGKF5_insecure

GT-I9100_BOKG2_insecure

GT-I9100_BUKG2_insecure

GT-I9100_BVKH2_insecure

GT-I9100_CEKI2_insecure

GT-I9100_DXKL3_insecure

GT-I9100_JPKF3_insecure
GT-I9100_JPKJ2_insecure

GT-I9100_UHKK3_insecure

GT-I9100_UMKK1_insecure

GT-I9100_XILA2_insecure

GT-I9100_XWKL1_insecure
GT-I9100_XWLA4_insecure

GT-I9100_XXKP1_insecure
GT-I9100_XXKPA_insecure
GT-I9100_XXLP6_insecure

GT-I9100_ZCKH1_insecure

GT-I9100_ZSKE7_insecure - GT-I9100_ZSKE7_insecure

GT-I9100G_DZKI1_insecure
GT-I9100G_ZCKHI4_insecure

GT-I9100M_UGKG2_insecure

GT-I9100P_BVKI2_insecure

GT-I9100T_DCKK3_insecure
GT-I9100T_DUKF2_insecure

M250K_insecure

M250L_insecure

M250S_insecure

password = odia@xda

These insecure kernels can be used with the guide here:-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1056334

or a quick method for rooting would be:-
Code:
adb shell mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /system
adb push busybox /system/xbin/
adb push su /system/xbin/
adb shell chown root.shell /system/xbin/busybox
adb shell chown root.shell /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
adb shell /system/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin
adb shell mount -o ro,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /system

and then install superuser.apk from market or adb install superuser.apk if you have it local.

I have now put a pack together to make the rooting more easy for user not comfortable using adb, all you need to do is make sure you have flashed an insecure kernel and the phone is connected in debug mode, then click root.cmd or unroot.cmd insecure-root-pack

Original Kernels:-
These can be used after rooting if you want to remove the yellow warning tri-angle on boot

GT-I9100_BGKF5_original

GT-I9100_BOKG2_original

GT-I9100_BUKG2_original

GT-I9100_BVKH2_original

GT-I9100_CEKI2_original

GT-I9100_DXKL3_original

GT-I9100_JPKF3_original
GT-I9100_JPKJ2_original

GT-I9100_UHKK3_original

GT-I9100_UMKK1_original

GT-I9100_XILA2_original

GT-I9100_XWKL1_original
GT-I9100_XWLA4_original

GT-I9100_XXKI4_original
GT-I9100_XXLP1_original
GT-I9100_XXLP2_original
GT-I9100_XXLP6_original

GT-I9100_ZCKI2_original

GT-I9100_ZSKE7_original - GT-I9100_ZSKE7_original

GT-I9100G_DZKI1_original
GT-I9100G_ZCKHI4_original

GT-I9100M_UGKG2_original

GT-I9100P_BVKI2_original

GT-I9100T_DCKK3_original
GT-I9100T_DUKF2_original

M250K_original

M250L_original

M250S_original

I have also decided to release the XWKE7 low package, this can be used to fix most issues if your phone gets in a mess, it can be used with re-partition BUT I would suggest you only use that option if you know what you are doing, I would also suggest you DO NOT tick the option to update the phone bootloader (for now), best is to leave the options in Odin as default, unless you feel the need to re-partition.

I9100XWKE7_CL215725_REV02_user_low

Please DO NOT mirror any of my files, thank you.

Last edited:

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but why do we need newer insecure kernels?

If you understand the advantages of an insecure kernel and the kernel version is correct for the OS level your running then you can use it, no need to go back to the original kernel.

But you should use an insecure kernel with caution, e.g. with adb running as root you could fux up a lot of things if you dont know what you are doing.

J

JupiterDroid

If you understand the advantages of an insecure kernel and the kernel version is correct for the OS level your running then you can use it, no need to go back to the original kernel.

But you should use an insecure kernel with caution, e.g. with adb running as root you could fux up a lot of things if you dont know what you are doing.

Odia root apps are not working with this kernel;( KE7

Just installed super one click root over the top, and now all is ok;)

Last edited:

rantzzz

Apr 29, 2011
Gosh, we need to reflash the original secure kernel over the insecure kernel after we are done rooting?! That's something new! Getting more and more confused

Can someone advise if, let's say my current fw is KE2, and I use the insecure TAR kernel file KE2 to root. When I update to KE7 fw, do I need to re-root using KE7 insecure Kernel?

sgstwo

May 12, 2011
Did you patch the kernels or did you compile them? If you compiled them, do you have the diff file?

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
Gosh, we need to reflash the original secure kernel over the insecure kernel after we are done rooting?! That's something new! Getting more and more confused

The insecure kernels above use the exact same kernel params and modules as the original kernels, so if your an advanced user, there is no real need to go back, unless you hate the yellow warning triangle on boot ;)

Can someone advise if, let's say my current fw is KE2, and I use the insecure TAR kernel file KE2 to root. When I update to KE7 fw, do I need to re-root using KE7 insecure Kernel?

Yes you would have to re-root.

Reactions: aceyez and rantzzz

rantzzz

Apr 29, 2011
The insecure kernels above use the exact same kernel params and modules as the original kernels, so if your an advanced user, there is no real need to go back, unless you hate the yellow warning triangle on boot ;)

Yes you would have to re-root.

Thanks, after reading the Root Guide thread and this thread more, I'm getting to understand the concept of Android rooting

Basically the insecure Kernel TAR file is flashed using Odin, to sorta "break" the secure kernel that comes with the official firmware. Using superoneclick installs all the root files and Super User app onto the phone thus giving us Super Access!

And then there is no need to use Odin to reflash a secure kernel viz a viz the reason given above

Correct me if I am wrong :D

urherenow

May 22, 2009
Will these 'insecure' kernels allow overclocking or is there just that one kernel available that must be used? I'm not sure what apps need a rooted phone or where to get them but since I'm a big fan of emulation, I'd sure like to overclock my phone to 1.5ghz

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
Will these 'insecure' kernels allow overclocking or is there just that one kernel available that must be used? I'm not sure what apps need a rooted phone or where to get them but since I'm a big fan of emulation, I'd sure like to overclock my phone to 1.5ghz

The insecure kernels from me are based on stock parameters, I will not tweak them because I believe Samsung know the platform better than anyone else and fuxing around can only lead to poorer battery life.

Reactions: aceyez and reg-sux

Top Liked Posts