[Recovery] & [Root] [T211] CWM Recovery v6.0.4.9.KK Unofficial

Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

Updated to CWM v6.0.4.9.KK on 10-28-14. Now works properly with KitKat bootloader.

Now with SELinux enabled kernel for flashing roms that require it.

Click HERE for the latest version.

Compiled from source.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a kernel for CWM recovery.

Here is CWM recovery for the T211.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

It takes a few seconds longer for CWM to boot than the stock recovery, so be patient.

Credits go to:
@ketut.kumajaya for working kernels
@Jamison904 for giving us root
@hkjr for getting ketut to help
@k.aibutsu and @Unjustified Dev for there device source work
and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team

Supplied in 3 formats:
  • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
  • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
  • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for ODIN: (use T211.CWMv.....recovery.tar.zip)
1. Download ODIN on your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

Notes about ODIN
--Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
--Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly.

If it doesn't boot into recovery:
Please reboot into android (hold power until it reboots) and send me the last_kmsg. See my thread about ADB in the General section for instructions.

To get the last_kmsg with adb use: adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt

Stock T211 recovery also attached.

Instructions for recovery flashable version:

Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
Select the Install Zip option.
Find the recovery zip.
Flash.
Reboot recovery.
Enjoy your new recovery.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

DOWNLOADS

Attachments

• T211stock.recovery.tar.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 55,896
Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Unfortunately, Kernel Panic.
It tested a guy from Russian forum 4PDA. See here: http://4pda/
Please tell me where is the log?
I can send it later if you need.

I added the adb command to get last_kmsg to the OP. You have to pull it immediately after rebooting after the failure (before any secondary reboots) or it will get overwritten.

StormTrooper89

Oct 23, 2012
Sarawak
im still new with this tab. there is a universal root zip. does this means i dont have to use the other method of rooting by zidkijah?

StormTrooper89

Oct 23, 2012
Sarawak
i have dloaded the file but when i try to search for it in ODIN it didnt detect the dloaded file. i even try rename the file but still odin doesnt show up the file. any tips?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

Updated to CWM v6.0.4.9.KK on 10-28-14. Now works properly with KitKat bootloader.

Now with SELinux enabled kernel for flashing roms that require it.

Compiled from source.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a kernel for CWM recovery.

Here is CWM recovery for the T211.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

It takes a few seconds longer for CWM to boot than the stock recovery, so be patient.

Credits go to:
    @ketut.kumajaya for working kernels
    @Jamison904 for giving us root
    @hkjr for getting ketut to help
    @k.aibutsu and @Unjustified Dev for there device source work
    and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team

Supplied in 3 formats:
    • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
    • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
    • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for ODIN: (use T211.CWMv.....recovery.tar.zip)
    1. Download ODIN on your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
    7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
    10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly.

If it doesn't boot into recovery:
    Please reboot into android (hold power until it reboots) and send me the last_kmsg. See my thread about ADB in the General section for instructions.

To get the last_kmsg with adb use: adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt

Stock T211 recovery also attached.

Instructions for recovery flashable version:

Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
    Select the Install Zip option.
    Find the recovery zip.
    Flash.
    Reboot recovery.
    Enjoy your new recovery.

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

DOWNLOADS
    New version (v2) in the OP. This version corrects the touchscreen orientation. That is only important if you flash a zip with a touch interface (such as Aroma File Manager).
    Does this mean that we will be able to flash a zip file for root (of stock ROM, without using a custom ROM?).
    If so, could someone pleae link to that zip file?
    Thanks

Universal root zip added to OP (zip provided by @ketut.kumajaya).
    I added the adb command to get last_kmsg to the OP. You have to pull it immediately after rebooting after the failure (before any secondary reboots) or it will get overwritten.
    :good:
    IT WORKS!!! :D
    See http://4pda.ru

Can You make the TWRP too?