[ROM] Official HTC Tattoo/Click WWE RUU ROM Links

Search This thread

B3ler3fonte

Sep 8, 2009
[ROM] Official HTC Tatto/Click ROM Links

I'm starting this thread, for all of you Click fans, as posting to other forum sections as well, in order to have the latest possible SW/ROMs for your beloving devices. This specific thread (as its name shows clearly) is especially based on any ROMs possible yet been released, regarding the HTC Tattoo (known with its code name as "Click"). I'll try to keep it as much updated as possible, but PLZ do not request, things which are beyond my duty as cooking these ROMs, which i'm not afraid to say, but yet,my knowldege is limitied in this specific section. They are just provided to you, widely with a huuuge risk of my job, so plz, have the maturity inside of you to understand what needs at most to be inderstanded.

Will come from times to times and keep this thread up-to-dated when something is available, exclusively here at xda.devs and let the DEV's then, DL'em, for you to have better cooked ROMs. I am posting also older versions of Click, including of coz the latest released, the 1.67.405.6 (24/11/2009).

Njoy mates and keep it low and slow ;)

Below are link(s) to official untouched GSM HTC Click ROMs

WWE: (World Wide English)

RUU Click HTC WWE 1.56.405.1 WWE signed NoDriver.rar
RUU Click HTC WWE 1.67.405.6 WWE release signed NoDriver.rar
RUU Click HTC WWE 1.63.405.1 WWE test signed NoDriver.rar

Pass: b3ler3fonte

Reactions: ludagad and ilnanny

BTaylor927

Oct 4, 2009
To answer the questions: This is the world wide edition, so it has:

English
French
Dutch
German
Russian
Portugese
Norwegian
Danish
Czech
Polish
Spanish
Greek

As for needing Root, you don't. You do need a goldcard though.

eTiMaGo

Jan 9, 2006
Bangkok
I bought a Tattoo here in Thailand, completely unbranded, and it comes with software version 1.67.729.8, which is higher than the links posted here.

So what gives? Different numbering progression for different areas? Or do I have some kind of super secret ROM?

eTiMaGo

Jan 9, 2006
Bangkok
Yeah, playing around with it more, it seems pretty bog standard, but with English (Thailand) and English (Philippines) as locales, and with Chinese and Thai IME pre-installed... nevermind then!

aero9

Mar 29, 2008

i bought a htc tattoo here in india. its completely unbranded, and has the version number 1.67.720.8

btw, the forums for tattoo seem really empty, is this phone not very popular? i really like it.

eldrid

Jul 17, 2006
London
www.messaggio.in
i think i may have made a mistake buying this phone...doesnt seem very popular yet..no custom roms no root access...and im already running out of phone memory. A t-mobile version of hero was available on ebay india for 22,000 and i paid 17500 for this. damn! il wait 3 months if still no root, il try selling this off and buying a htc hero.

eldrid

Jul 17, 2006
London
www.messaggio.in
yeah but it is quite expensive here. I have started saving up for it. Hopefully should own a hero within 1 month. I guess i should get a good re-sale on my tattoo as well as it will still have 11 months of warranty left on it.

Coburn64

Aug 6, 2009
Boonah
www.coburndomain.net

Interesting, there's a test signed android ROM there for HTC Click (Tattoo). This may allow us to change the keys in order to run our own custom ROMs if we sign with test keys or stuff like that. :)

Will add a reference to this thread in my resource thread.

markyd85

Sep 20, 2008
Hi all, got a tattoo this week locked on Orange UK. I've created a goldcard and flashed with RUU_Click_HTC_WWE_1.67.405.6_WWE_release_signed_ NoDriver.exe.

Bought an unlock code from htccode.com and says network unlock successfull but doesnt work with my o2 sim. I've also tried this with RUU_Click_Vodafone_UK.67.161.18_release_signed_NoDriver.exe that doesnt work either and 1.65.405.1 comes up with bootloader version error???

The links for the official roms on here are no longer working, if anyone could re-upload i would appreciate it. If anyone has already tried all these methods then please let me know if im wasting my time!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Official HTC Tatto/Click ROM Links

I'm starting this thread, for all of you Click fans, as posting to other forum sections as well, in order to have the latest possible SW/ROMs for your beloving devices. This specific thread (as its name shows clearly) is especially based on any ROMs possible yet been released, regarding the HTC Tattoo (known with its code name as "Click"). I'll try to keep it as much updated as possible, but PLZ do not request, things which are beyond my duty as cooking these ROMs, which i'm not afraid to say, but yet,my knowldege is limitied in this specific section. They are just provided to you, widely with a huuuge risk of my job, so plz, have the maturity inside of you to understand what needs at most to be inderstanded.

Will come from times to times and keep this thread up-to-dated when something is available, exclusively here at xda.devs and let the DEV's then, DL'em, for you to have better cooked ROMs. I am posting also older versions of Click, including of coz the latest released, the 1.67.405.6 (24/11/2009).

Njoy mates and keep it low and slow ;)

Below are link(s) to official untouched GSM HTC Click ROMs

WWE: (World Wide English)

RUU Click HTC WWE 1.56.405.1 WWE signed NoDriver.rar
    RUU Click HTC WWE 1.67.405.6 WWE release signed NoDriver.rar
    RUU Click HTC WWE 1.63.405.1 WWE test signed NoDriver.rar

Pass: b3ler3fonte
    Me too, it cant start bootloader. Whot to do?
    well you need to have a pc suit to connect your phone to the computer.
    When conected via pc suite back up you contacts and when back up is finished then run ruu.exe
    At least I think that is the way to do it (you can skip backing up) but my phone failed to connect to my pc suit so I could not install the official rom. So I flashed a nice costom rom that has root rights and is pretty stable. The only problem I have now is that I don't know witch video player to I stall as they all lag a little in the video....

I have HTC Sync instaled on my pc. He restart my phone and can start bootloader-
    You need USB drivers for HTC installed thats the one that comes with HTC sync. And you should have checked USB DEBUG mode on your phone. When you plug your phone into your PC via USB you check HTC sync if you are runing some of HTC Sense rom-s if not if you are useing some other ROM like i used nFinity just don't chooes USB transfer. THen when you are connected with your PC just run exe file. No need puting IMG file on your SD card or anything. Just run exe file on your PC and folow the steps. I did that even with out SD card in my phone. Just so you know puting stock RUU ROM will unroot and take off recovery from your phone. I did that to get coplete clean install of nFinity ROM.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but pepole have stoped making costom ROM's for htc tattoo?:(

Yes you are wrong. There are new custom roms. You have Thread about all custom roms here with dates when they came out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=698576 . Last one with 2.2 android is nFinity 1.13 which came out yesterday and for 1.6 is mondoROM