[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread

JohnSmith4743

May 2, 2017
Does MX player support AC3 now ??

Im afraid it doesn't and it forced me to uninstall the app :( However, i have found an alternative app that supports ac3 apart from other formats. Its called PlayerXtreme and is available for free on Android.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Having trouble watching videos since the last update, I get a black screen with audio for any file format I try. Tried HW and SW decoders. Is this a known issue?

Galaxy Note 3, Resurrection Remix rom, Android 6.0.1

I can relate. I faced similar problems after updating the app. Mkv and Ac3 files don't play properly. Had to uninstall and wait for them to fix the issue. Using PlayerXtreme media player for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ujwal Agrawal

Overnice

May 13, 2017
Video playlist&autoplaythrough

Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.

Before I purchase MX Player pro I'd like to know if there is a videoplaylist screen that displays only playlists that I've created. I intend on making atleast 5. Also, is there an autoplaythrough feature that I can enable/disable?

Bhujji

Apr 26, 2017
Simple Question: Why is MX player pro on version 1.8.20 and the free version of MX player on version 1.8.21 with AC-3 Support.

Reactions: CmdrPowell

Bhujji

Apr 26, 2017
Before I purchase MX Player pro I'd like to know if there is a videoplaylist screen that displays only playlists that I've created. I intend on making atleast 5. Also, is there an autoplaythrough feature that I can enable/disable?
Try the free version first. The only difference between pro and free are the ads.

CmdrPowell

May 15, 2017
Greetings! I'd love for MXPlaywe (Pro) to have a feature I use a LOT in the Windows media player MPC-BE.
The ability to check for audio file(s) such as mp3,ogg,etc, which are in the same directory and the same filename.part as the curently playing video file, and use them as an additional audio track.

Thanks for the BEST media player for Android!! :good::good::cowboy:

Sent from my RCA 11 Maven Pro using XDA Labs

RelQM

Feb 21, 2016
How does MX Player determine which file to play next?

I play one file in a folder and I expect it to play the next one according to my folder's sorting (sort by date) but it seems like it follows a certain way.

I used Solid Explorer and Samsung's My Files file manager and both times MX Player played files a certain order, never randomly.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Simple Question: Why is MX player pro on version 1.8.20 and the free version of MX player on version 1.8.21 with AC-3 Support.

Both 1.8.20 & 1.8.21 has ac3 support.
When there is a bug fix or update specific to ad modules, We do not update Pro version as Pro version doesn't have ads.
When there a fix specific to license validation, Only Pro version will be updates as Free version doesn't need license validation.
When there is a feature or fix in Player, both versions will be updated.

So, never ever compare the Free and Pro versions by version number. Both will have identical features in general.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

How does MX Player determine which file to play next?

I play one file in a folder and I expect it to play the next one according to my folder's sorting (sort by date) but it seems like it follows a certain way.

I used Solid Explorer and Samsung's My Files file manager and both times MX Player played files a certain order, never randomly.

MX Player will use Alphabetical & numerical sorting where ever it's required. It will play in the same order as long as you have disabled the shuffle function ( Play » Shuffle while playing any media ).

Reactions: Bhujji

RelQM

Feb 21, 2016
MX Player will use Alphabetical & numerical sorting where ever it's required. It will play in the same order as long as you have disabled the shuffle function ( Play » Shuffle while playing any media ).

Is there any way to play files in date created/modified order? Like a dirty hack or something.

Sahil1990

Sep 19, 2015
Hello I want to make a feature request..
Kindly add Floating Window feature just like mobo player.. I dont want to use any video player other than mx player but due to lack of this I'm sometimes using Mobo player.
So kindly add this feature in next update.
Thanks.

RelQM

Feb 21, 2016
In MX Player Main screen open menu » view » sort by » date.
Now play any file from MX Player. It will play the videos as you have requested.

Oh that's nice. I don't usually play files from MX Player though since I use File Managers. But this should do in the meantime.

Should I submit a feature request for this or is it beyond MX Player's capability?

Apr 8, 2017
Just clear the history & reset the settings.
then import the settings attached & check again.

Edit: Just uncheck the activities while importing. Else you will get the similar behaviour on the two files mentioned in the activity.

let me know the results.

This method did not work either :(
Exported files in an attachment

It is noteworthy that on the software decoder the video plays correctly

Attachments

• mx_player_pro_1.8.16.xml
    5.4 KB · Views: 18
  • report_2017-05-15_200014.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 30

Dj Telo

Jun 3, 2010
HI!

I just purchased the pro version of the player and the srt subtitles placed in the same folder of a video file with the same name just won't load. The free version worked flawlessly but for some reason the pro version does not.

I have tried searching the forums and some users appear to have the same problem, but I haven't found any solution.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
This method did not work either :(
Exported files in an attachment

It is noteworthy that on the software decoder the video plays correctly

can you collect the logs after playing it in SW decoder?. because, in logs it's again appeared that it has played with 16:9 settings.
does it happen with other files too?
can you try to collect the logs for another file?

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

HI!

I just purchased the pro version of the player and the srt subtitles placed in the same folder of a video file with the same name just won't load. The free version worked flawlessly but for some reason the pro version does not.

I have tried searching the forums and some users appear to have the same problem, but I haven't found any solution.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

It's not possible. Both Free and Pro version are using the same codes.
does the player shows subtitle symbol in the media list screen (like SRT or SSA near to filename )?

Shiroyasha21

May 11, 2014
how to disable embed subtitle without opening video?
because when opening loading font cache is taking too long, i'm prefer using seperate subtitle.
i think this kind option is available on 1.7 but not on 1.8

Dj Telo

Jun 3, 2010
It's not possible. Both Free and Pro version are using the same codes.
does the player shows subtitle symbol in the media list screen (like SRT or SSA near to filename )?

Hi, thanks for your quick answer. Indeed, it does not seem to be a problem of the PRO version. I restored my FREE version backup and the problem is the same. I see that the "srt" logo appears if I browse my media through MX and the subtitles will correctly load if I select to play a file. However, the subtitles DO NOT load if I open the file via a file explorer like Solid Explorer.

I've been using MX player for years now and this just started happening now. I can't recall touching anything to break anything, though...

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2017
can you collect the logs after playing it in SW decoder?. because, in logs it's again appeared that it has played with 16:9 settings.
does it happen with other files too?
can you try to collect the logs for another file?
This problem with HW decoder is always. Any files.
Examples:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4L6SDz38GI6dm5XTEFJc0drdGM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4L6SDz38GI6bFdDTUF3S1QtSTA
Log after playing these clips in SW decoder in attachment
View attachment mx_player_pro_1.8.16.xml

Bhujji

Apr 26, 2017
Another doubt is there any difference in the quality of video between using hw+ player and the alternative hw+ player provided in options. Because for me the default one doesn't work but the alternative hw+ works.

D

Deleted member 8095861

I can't I control the video speed in MX player.. When I slide two fingers up or down.. A running symbol with 100% written is displayed and that's it.. Can anybody provide me an assistance??

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Another doubt is there any difference in the quality of video between using hw+ player and the alternative hw+ player provided in options. Because for me the default one doesn't work but the alternative hw+ works.

Both uses different methods of achieving hardware acceleration. Alternative HW+ decoder is available only for the devices running in android 5.0 & newer. unlike the existing HW+ which doesn't work on some custom roms, Alternative HW+ will work on the most of the devices.

I can't I control the video speed in MX player.. When I slide two fingers up or down.. A running symbol with 100% written is displayed and that's it.. Can anybody provide me an assistance??

Speed Control is not supported in HW decoder on pre marshmallow devices. Speed control will work in HW decoder only for those who are running on android 6.0 and newer.

For old devices, either user may use H/W+ (Needs to be enabled on Settings. May not work on certain devices) or may use SW. Speed control will work on HW+ & SW in most of the devices.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.