[Q] Warranty for HTC Evo Shift

If you got a warranty for your phone what did you get?

• Other (What did you get?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

G.D.Carter

Nov 3, 2010
Topeka
What warranty/Insurance did you guys get on your shift if any? If you got something besides what is on this list where did you get it, what does it cover, how much did it cost?

Last edited:

yokken

Dec 29, 2010
i got the best buy protection plan since it's only $3 more/month and there's no copay/surcharge if you do need to exchange your phone, whereas sprint's insurance is what, a $100 surcharge for a new phone?

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
I got the Sprint TEP. Even though its $100 deductible it still covers more things than the bb insurance.

This was sent shifting on my EVO Shift 4G using Tapatalk

the5ifty

Jul 28, 2010
Battle Creek
i got the best buy protection plan since it's only $3 more/month and there's no copay/surcharge if you do need to exchange your phone, whereas sprint's insurance is what, a $100 surcharge for a new phone?
Ditto, my wife droped 2 palm Pres in the toilet. The second one was a free damaged out replacement, and when that one took a swim ( 2 weeks ago) it also was unpreparable so they gave her a transform..a week later she took advantage of the 30 day exchange and got a evo shift the day it came out for $30 (the difference in upgrade cost of the 2).

If we had sprint ins. After the first palm swim we would be screwed... sprint doesn't cover water damage.

BBY FTW!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

yokken

Dec 29, 2010
i'm worried about accidentally getting it wet or dropping it and ****in up the plastic or something. i'm pretty sure best buy's insurance covers those so i'm good

oboroninja

Mar 18, 2009
Ditto, my wife droped 2 palm Pres in toilet.

If we had sprint ins. After the first palm swim we would be screwed... sprint doesn't cover water damage.

BBY FTW!

#1. Your wife needs to never ever carry her phone with her anywhere near a bathroom ever again...

#2. Sprints TEP covers Physical Damage, Liquid Damage including Water(sinks,toilets,lakes,baptisms ect.), it also covers loss of phone ex: theft, loss due to drunken nights, spiteful ex's ect... Any replacement due to loss, theft, or liquid damage, are covered up to a maximum of three times within a twelve month period.

You might want to do research first.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

mikejh337

Dec 25, 2010
Sprint Warranty/Insurance

Looked into it. Sprint TEP now covers, since Oct. 24, 2010, manufacturer + loose charge ports, cracked screens, basic physical damage, within reason. The $100 deductible is only charged for lost, stolen, wet, or damaged beyond repair to the extent that the circuit board is showing/bent (i.e. run over by a truck.)

Evo Shift 4G + Sprint Total Equipment Protection!

the5ifty

Jul 28, 2010
Battle Creek
Thank you for the clarification,last time I looked into it at all was last Feb, I was unaware of the update. Sorry for the faulty info.

And by the way I have a 2year old son who likes mommy's phone...the water damage wasn't her fault lol

oboroninja

Mar 18, 2009
Thank you for the clarification,last time I looked into it at all was last Feb, I was unaware of the update. Sorry for the faulty info.

And by the way I have a 2year old son who likes mommy's phone...the water damage wasn't her fault lol

Hahaha okay having a two year old explains it all. For a while there I was wondering how someone could drop there phone in the toilet twice, without learning their lesson :p

wardfan220

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2010
Eldridge, IA
Hahaha okay having a two year old explains it all. For a while there I was wondering how someone could drop there phone in the toilet twice, without learning their lesson :p

I dropped my Hero in the toilet once (glad it was clean water, lol). Shut it off immediately, removed the battery and let it dray all day. Still works like a champ. Well, it did until I exchanged it for a refirb the same day I upgraded to the Shift. The stupid trackball was acting weird, always had really.

unityjasont

Nov 1, 2008
another "water treatment" is to put your phone in a bath of DRY rice (totally surrounded, and I would pull back off, battery out and submerge each piece individually and leave it like that for a day. The rice is supposed to absorb the water out of the phone. I luckily have never had to do this, but I know people that have and it worked for them.

EricSS619

Dec 13, 2008
San Diego
If you were ever worried about sprint not taking a water damaged phone than jsut say you lost it or it got stolen.

I mean sure you are lying, but who cares =P

I had insurance on my HTC Touch Pro and it got lost and then someone stole it. I tracked it to a house but I never called the police. (Yes I should have)

I decided to use my insurance, but when I found out I had to pay $100 deductible I said forget it. THe ended up being a waste of what.... Had the phone 13 months at $7 a month ... $91. Seems like the insurance is pretty much a rip off.

Top Liked Posts