Search This thread

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
found in init.rc:
Code:
#20100720, hyeseung.ryu@lge.com, Hidden Menu: Enable/Disable Root Permission [START]
    mkdir /data/nv	
    chown system system /data/nv	
    chmod 0711 /data/nv
#20100720, hyeseung.ryu@lge.com, Hidden Menu: Enable/Disable Root Permission [END]
Does anybody know what that does?

2XHiddenMenu1.png

domi007

Feb 21, 2008
Budapest
The boot image is from a pre-sale sample.

The Hidden menu can be accessed by going to Settings--About phone--Hidden menu
You have to scroll down all the way to find it. It is enabled in my 2.2.1 testing ROM.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

cvitur1

Jan 26, 2011
Boot.img

Here is a link to a boot.img extracted using the instructions found in this thread for a Production Model Korean Optimus 2x (SU-660) (this is not a demo phone, but an actual store-bought phone). Version info:

Model Number: LG-SU660
Android version: 2.2.1 (didn't upgrade for fear of losing root)
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FRG83.star.20110119
Software Version: LG-SU660-V10g Jan 19 2011

can anyone tell me if this boot.img is signed/encrypted/anything bad? :)

Reactions: elacu

mirsalimov

Jul 25, 2006
The Hague
Boot image from optimus 2x global version.
Model Number: LG-P990
Android: 2.2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build number: FRG83G
LGE Version: LGP990-V10a

If there is no encryption, can we add support for clockworkmod?

update:
I have requested source code from LG. Now waiting for answer.

Last edited:

wapz

Jan 20, 2008

update:
I have requested source code from LG.

if this is true it would kickstart development for the 2x for sure, great news! Considering to get one if it will become well supported by dev/cm community for sure :)

scsp

Mar 8, 2011
So if i read this topic right, there is no encryption or signing of the LG optimus 2X bootloader (still i dont get the difference between locked and unlocked if in fact the signing or encryption prove to be the biggest deal).

Will it Therefore be only a matter of time (and hard work i guess) before the options arise to use custom roms on this device?

Last edited:

FISKER_Q

Feb 25, 2009
So if i read this topic right, there is no encryption or signing of the LG optimus 2X bootloader (still i dont get the difference between locked and unlocked if in fact the signing or encryption prove to be the biggest deal).

Will it Therefore be only a matter of time (and hard work i guess) before the options arise to use custom roms on this device?

The difference between locked and unlocked is that unlocked you can write to system partitions (i.e. custom roms, recoveries, and so forth)

If you can't unlock the bootloader (i.e. fastboot oem unlock) then you're basically not able to make custom roms.

However, locked bootloaders have been easier to hack than signed or encrypted bootloaders.

scsp

Mar 8, 2011
The difference between locked and unlocked is that unlocked you can write to system partitions (i.e. custom roms, recoveries, and so forth)

If you can't unlock the bootloader (i.e. fastboot oem unlock) then you're basically not able to make custom roms.

However, locked bootloaders have been easier to hack than signed or encrypted bootloaders.

thanks for the quick response, and for making things clear.
So this device's bootloader is only locked?

elacu

Jun 21, 2010
Orsa, Sweden
Boot.img

Here is a link to a boot.img extracted using the instructions found in this thread for a Production Model Korean Optimus 2x (SU-660) (this is not a demo phone, but an actual store-bought phone). Version info:

Model Number: LG-SU660
Android version: 2.2.1 (didn't upgrade for fear of losing root)
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FRG83.star.20110119
Software Version: LG-SU660-V10g Jan 19 2011

can anyone tell me if this boot.img is signed/encrypted/anything bad? :)

update:

I can not see any sign of a signature or something similar in the boot.img from the global or korean version :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So...
    - What does it take to unlock the boot-image for adding more features such as clockworkmod?
    - And do we need to full source code from LG to be able to do this?

I want to know this too.
    Can one of dev check this? i will test it on my phone, i'm not afraid of bricking my device :)

update:
    So you didn't have to use the chainloader thing that you have to use to get custom roms on the Droid 2?
    I didn't have to use the chainloder thing.
    You can flash Clockwork or SPRecovery and go from there?
    Yes.
    isn't it about fastboot?
    For me (and for these guys) "unlocked bootloader" means "fastboot enabled bootloader" which in turn means "I can boot whatever OS I want (without having to modify the firmware)". The bootloader of the Optimus One is not fastboot enabled. But once you root the phone you are free to flash custom roms, if this is what you meant.
    Sorry for sounding a bit noob, but can someone explain what a "locked bootloader" really means?!

If the bootloader is locked, does it mean that there will not be a root for the phone?

The bootloader simply instrucs the kernel to load at start. When its locked, its not possible to modify it to your own needs (like flashing your own version of Android).

The root account has nothing to do with the bootloader. You can gain access to the root account in other ways.