Battery cases ie. Powerskin

Search This thread

kidspuddy

Mar 27, 2012
Any experience with the powerskin? Any other alternatives? I really am looking for a case with extra battery and not just extra batteries or a different back cover. I like the idea of a case/battery combo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Juicy555

Mar 9, 2011
I know some people who use it and it works for them but a lot of the reviews say it stops charging after a few months...

For the same price you can get the sedio 3800mah battery (60$ ) and then get the case for the extended battery also from sedio (20$ ) which might be a little bit more reliable..

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Iirc, the phone won't deep sleep with the powerskin. You don't even need a battery that big. Nexus extended is far more than enough. You don't need one at all. I run 24 hours plus on stock with over 5 hours screen on, gtalk and text all day, emails, fb, weather, words with friends, stream music, and more.

kidspuddy

Mar 27, 2012
With the nexus extended I'd need a new cover? If so, are there cases that accomdate for the new back cover?

bose.jhebert

Jun 25, 2010
Alaska
I had the power skin, worked great for awhile but now the USB cord on the bottom to connect to the phone stopped working. I could probably have it serviced under warranty but....yeah don't want to bother it wasn't that good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

TK 421

I am on my 4th Powerskin for my SR in less than two months. They either die and stop working or the charging port gets worn down so it only makes contact when you hold it and put pressure on it. It is realistically about an extra 75% added to your battery, but your phone uses it to stay 100% charged so none of your battery saving features work. Would recommend a larger replacement battery over a case battery. I ended up buying extra andido batteries off amazon and plan on giving that a try over this.

I bought it at AT&T so they keep giving me replacements but will not give me a refund.

Do not recommend.

preal

Dec 27, 2010
Earth
On my 2nd powerskin and it along with the 1st one stopped recharging......waste of time. Plus it makes it bulky.

pron72

Jul 31, 2007
I went through two of them. The last one overheated my phone and killed it :-( at&t gave me a new phone and I changed to an otter box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With the nexus extended I'd need a new cover? If so, are there cases that accomdate for the new back cover?

You don't need a new cover. The battery might fit great, it might bulge. definitely didn't need a new case and my cover does bulge slightly