windows 8 and intel turbo memory..sharing my findings

Search This thread

devilsrogue

Dec 3, 2010
Remember that old fail technology that was called intel turbo memory? Well I decided to take a old 1gb module I had laying around and stick it into my alienware m11x's second mini pcie slot. I installed the drivers in windows 7 compat mode and formatted the visible part that looks like a 500mb hdd as fat32. I then set it up as a dedicated ready boost drive just to see what it would do and BAM after a little bit my lappy became nearly twice as responsive and super fast to boot up with windows 8.
I dont know why it worked this good for me but it did.
I thought I would share
I do have 8gb of ram as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remember that old fail technology that was called intel turbo memory? Well I decided to take a old 1gb module I had laying around and stick it into my alienware m11x's second mini pcie slot. I installed the drivers in windows 7 compat mode and formatted the visible part that looks like a 500mb hdd as fat32. I then set it up as a dedicated ready boost drive just to see what it would do and BAM after a little bit my lappy became nearly twice as responsive and super fast to boot up with windows 8.
    I dont know why it worked this good for me but it did.
    I thought I would share
    I do have 8gb of ram as well