[ROM][10-feb-13][PEN/WIFI][JellyBean/4.1.1] DextersJB

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
dextersjblogo.jpg

Screenshot_2012-07-17-22-34-12.png

about_zpsc7897eab.png

Google JellyBean(4.1.1) for Flyer only is a development of CM10, with base in RandomBlame cm10 string of android compile.
this is aroma installer based, so during install you can chose between tablet or phoneUI based use.

download_zps2efb2d09.png

v.18 download here

GoogleApps from here

Kernel source used can be downloaded here (sorry, no git)

instructions_zpsc9632d29.png

• if you used HTC Unlock and S-OFF'd using that, you ALWAYS need to flash new boot.img manually, search "fastboot flash boot boot.img" if do not already know how to use it.
  • Remember that 2 boot images exists, one with htc keys enabled(phoneUI) and one without.
  • Always believe its best and safest to WIPE/factory reset in recovery and double it with full wipe in installer too.
  • If you are on Gingerbread, you need to upgrade to HoneyComb firmware, before this works and have your Hboot S-off'd too.(Revolutionary solution preferred)
  • if you feel launcher seems laggy (as i), install another one from Play store, i feel it needs to be kept as is, so i did not replace it for another.

tested_zps7c2aa032.png

everything works except topics below

knownbugs_zps687d880e.png

- no bluetooth headset audio supported
- front camera / video recording function.
- wifi tether / wifi hotspot function
- video hardware accelerated playback

thanksto_zps50eeed93.png

iamchucky - fling correction to my pen driver.
GuestK00388 - for the work on a clean aokp compile build for our flyer with previous aokp release
randomblame - for the work on DesireHD with the jellybean development upto beta3 and recent 18.2 build used in cm10 release
barrmulio - for the 160dpi hack to support 7" devices at 1024x600 resolution.
jmztaylor - view kernel origin.
Chaosz-X and LeeDroid - Flyer kernel origin.
kamistral - a small thanks for the 3G confirmation on build v11beta2 :)
yncconsult - early release used yncconsult kernel. (no source compiled here)

Donate users: a thank you to those users that started donating on xda the last few weeks. it is appreciated and i will to support as much is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
BUG REPORTS

• display does not turn completely OFF by itself , you have to manually press powerbutton to get it all off, when you want standby.
  • Youtube HQ only works in 240dpi resolution (how to watch HD youtube is unknown for now)
  • no h/w accelerated video playback in gallery, only divx software decoding works for now. use alternative included MX player to fix this.

circle pointer hack
for those who want to get rid of circle when using pen/pointer. see this post here or download attachment directly here.

Last edited:

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
Nice, Dex! Did you see Shaky's patches for Desire and DHD? Think these may help us too?

HTC Flyer p510e

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I imagine the stylus is also not working?
True, i almost took that part as non-existing currently for new roms since we dont see it working or know how to fix the "press".

as people would say it works almost too good, since you can have 3cm from the tablet and it still thinks your moving around :) but sadly that is yet to be looked at. i personally do not prioritize it for now on this since rom is not much different from Chaosz work here.

Nice, Dex! Did you see Shaky's patches for Desire and DHD? Think these may help us too?

HTC Flyer p510e

no, ill look at it later

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
So, this leaves only 3g to be fixed and I am in.

Btw, what about scrolling?
i included MX player, and plays 720p content on my flyer fine(mkv's) .

and yes, 3G needs more testing which i do not know if i can do much about.

scrolling is just simple said vierd. has to do with density somehow although i included a 160dpi fix, which JB does not accept with 1024x600 7" normally.

Reactions: amt_vtn

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
No, scrolling has nothing to do with density. The screen reports coordinates in an obscure way, causing VelocityTracker to misbehave. A formula calculates the flingdirection, but it disbehaves on this screen.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
No, scrolling has nothing to do with density. The screen reports coordinates in an obscure way, causing VelocityTracker to misbehave. A formula calculates the flingdirection, but it disbehaves on this screen.

correct, but the same function works fine in the 240dpi oneV edition, which is strange... but actually i replaced the smali code for the StackView.smali here, but yes it actually acts less different, except the side gesture is a little bit faster now.

Chaosz-X

Jan 25, 2011
correct, but the same function works fine in the 240dpi oneV edition, which is strange... but actually i replaced the smali code for the StackView.smali here, but yes it actually acts less different, except the side gesture is a little bit faster now.

VelocityTracker probably behaves differently in that ROM, I highly doubt it's density. Sense ROMs often take a weird approach on things.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
VelocityTracker probably behaves differently in that ROM, I highly doubt it's density. Sense ROMs often take a weird approach on things.

just compared the velocitytracker smali code only minor added code, but no values or formula changes. so the formula is the same, so it comes down to the code calling velocity tracker.. ill see what i find there.
i can say with 160dpi its alot less rubber like, that working in 120dpi mode.but probably not directly related to the 240dpi but like with the other formulas, maybe it all originate in the policy values calculated.

conclusion: requires alot more testing, and many,many guesses

Last edited:

diggsnicca

Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster, Ma
ok im installing now ill also make a video preview and share it on here with you

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

never mind this doesnt even work .... just flashes htc then shuts back down ... restoring backup now

Last edited by a moderator:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
MIC seems working now, so i tried to add 3G support now as well. but headset is still an issue , same for BT.

but a small update.

ill post the update when its all validated to work with new changes done.

glad to see someone is still working on the view ...
just noticed you wrote VIEW, this is a flyer section and its a flyer release only.

Last edited:
Reactions: frank_oli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dextersjblogo.jpg

Screenshot_2012-07-17-22-34-12.png

about_zpsc7897eab.png

Google JellyBean(4.1.1) for Flyer only is a development of CM10, with base in RandomBlame cm10 string of android compile.
    this is aroma installer based, so during install you can chose between tablet or phoneUI based use.

download_zps2efb2d09.png

v.18 download here

GoogleApps from here

Kernel source used can be downloaded here (sorry, no git)

instructions_zpsc9632d29.png

• if you used HTC Unlock and S-OFF'd using that, you ALWAYS need to flash new boot.img manually, search "fastboot flash boot boot.img" if do not already know how to use it.
    • Remember that 2 boot images exists, one with htc keys enabled(phoneUI) and one without.
    • Always believe its best and safest to WIPE/factory reset in recovery and double it with full wipe in installer too.
    • If you are on Gingerbread, you need to upgrade to HoneyComb firmware, before this works and have your Hboot S-off'd too.(Revolutionary solution preferred)
    • if you feel launcher seems laggy (as i), install another one from Play store, i feel it needs to be kept as is, so i did not replace it for another.

tested_zps7c2aa032.png

everything works except topics below

knownbugs_zps687d880e.png

- no bluetooth headset audio supported
    - front camera / video recording function.
    - wifi tether / wifi hotspot function
    - video hardware accelerated playback

thanksto_zps50eeed93.png

iamchucky - fling correction to my pen driver.
    GuestK00388 - for the work on a clean aokp compile build for our flyer with previous aokp release
    randomblame - for the work on DesireHD with the jellybean development upto beta3 and recent 18.2 build used in cm10 release
    barrmulio - for the 160dpi hack to support 7" devices at 1024x600 resolution.
    jmztaylor - view kernel origin.
    Chaosz-X and LeeDroid - Flyer kernel origin.
    kamistral - a small thanks for the 3G confirmation on build v11beta2 :)
    yncconsult - early release used yncconsult kernel. (no source compiled here)

Donate users: a thank you to those users that started donating on xda the last few weeks. it is appreciated and i will to support as much is possible.
    BUG REPORTS

• display does not turn completely OFF by itself , you have to manually press powerbutton to get it all off, when you want standby.
    • Youtube HQ only works in 240dpi resolution (how to watch HD youtube is unknown for now)
    • no h/w accelerated video playback in gallery, only divx software decoding works for now. use alternative included MX player to fix this.

circle pointer hack
    for those who want to get rid of circle when using pen/pointer. see this post here or download attachment directly here.
    Hey Dexter where can I buy you a beer or where is the donation bottom. Just wanna thank you a little for you work.
    Just remember to press the THANKS button in the forum, thats all i ask for! Thanks for the personal consideration but the money should go to those needing them alot more, so charity is my best 2nd alternative :)
    If Dexter is quitting on the project, I will take over his work, upstream the kernel, recompile the ROM from new sources, and try to figure out the SD issue. Thanks to his great work I could take a few months off as well, and I just finished my exams. Thanks a lot to Dexter for continuing the project and the great work, I will do my utmost best to upstream the kernel, and fix issues I can find (including the am/pm thing in /bin which makes it impossible to debug apps from Eclipse). And who knows, perhaps if Dexter wants to spend enough time on it, we could do a collaboration? Stay tuned guys, I hope to have more info about friday I think?
    v18 uploaded, just minor changes

Post #1 has been cleaned up and i have uploaded, what i feel is the final edition.
    It works and serves most new users best, without confusion on what to do and what to install.

Thanks to all for the support and all users appreciating my work on Flyer,
    it has probably come to an end. but i will be watching my thread but do not expect additional updates or corrections to the last version 18.