[Q] Consequences of rooting Note 3?

Search This thread

saldawop

Dec 2, 2009
I know that if I root my Note 3, that will trip Knox. Personally I am prepared to risk that.But reading odd bits here and there I have heard mention of e-fuse?
And that this can mess up the hardware?

Is that correct? And what triggers it?

Dahdoul

Sep 7, 2013
I know that if I root my Note 3, that will trip Knox. Personally I am prepared to risk that.But reading odd bits here and there I have heard mention of e-fuse?
And that this can mess up the hardware?

Is that correct? And what triggers it?

Nothing will affect your hardware, rooted my phone in the first day.

Just read root/rom threads for your device carefully and follow all instructions to avoid any hard or soft brick.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: saldawop

Ninimo

Jan 28, 2014
Pasay City
Also rooted my Note 3 the first day. Tripped knox and never looked back. I would also suggest to root using cf-autoroot via Odin mode. Just search for it in the forums. Worked for me every time. Also if you like to install custom ROM so that you can use your Note 3 to its full potential.

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
Use kingo root it will not trigger knox. But you cant flash a custom recovery that will trigger knox. But rooting with kingo you can still mod your phone to the fullest.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

BR7fan

Jun 18, 2013
Sioux City, IA
Use kingo root it will not trigger knox. But you cant flash a custom recovery that will trigger knox. But rooting with kingo you can still mod your phone to the fullest.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

I agree with the kingo advice. I used it and it's a one click easy root. If you want recovery I'd recommend safe strap. Neither of these recommendations will trip knox

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Kingo is suspect. Lots of talk about why it communicates data back to some mystery Chinese server

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013
I agree with the kingo advice. I used it and it's a one click easy root. If you want recovery I'd recommend safe strap. Neither of these recommendations will trip knox

BRfan whats safe trap never heard of it. is it a custom recovery that does not trip knox warrenty? on playstore it says its only for xperia tablet s??????????

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts