[FIX][UPDATE: 19.Jan.2011][110% SAFE] 3-Button Combo FiX for Selected/ALL Firmwares

Search This thread

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
Changelog:

-NEW links added
-Heimdall Method is now better explained
-Added Italian tutorial (written by Z4kW0lf)
-Added Spanish tutorial (written by Vvaleta, Vinclar and Lorse of HTCmania, thanks guys !)
-Updated Odin3 solution to use md5 checksum - will NOT hang at boot.bin (Windows, thanks to Lorse and Intronauta of HTCmania)
-Added the latest bootloaders from Samsung, optimized for Froyo on Galaxy S
-Added the Android dumping method (BML1) for my original FiX
-Files inside RAZ_P-SBL_SGS.tar will be flashed using Heimdall (Windows & UNIX)
-Removed the EXPERIMENTAL x0 FiX (redbend_ua self-flash for x0 Firmwares).
-Initial Release

Hello FiXed World 3.0 by RazvanG .. in dedication to my beloved grandmother, Camelia Petrescu (05.SEP.1934 – 03.DEC.2010) I will always love you.

(because information should be free for all):
YOU MAY NOT, BY ANY MEANS, USE THIS SOLUTION/CODE OR PART OF IT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
DO NOT USE THIS METHOD COMMERCIALLY

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THIS METHOD IN YOUR FREE SOFTWARE WITHOUT PROPER CREDITS ADDED TO IT.
YOU SHOULD ALWAYS MENTION MY NAME AND MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR DONATIONS IN YOUR SOFTWARE IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS SBL FiX

PLEASE give credit (and donations if you can) to RazvanG for finding The Solution, writing this Tutorial and the Automated Script (PayPAL Donation)

For those of you that have donated THANKS!

01. Ghioane Gino Cristian; Romania
02. Jimmie Knutas; Sweden
03. Jose Mendoza; USA
04. Anonymous; Norway
05. Reschi85; Austria
06. Ekin Tekbiyik; Australia
07. Salman Daha; USA
08. Jamie Sidford; UK
09. Stefano Passerini; Italy
10. Fabio Verardo; Italy
11. Radu Marian Enache; Romania
12. Haanstra Sander; Netherlands
13. Rares Alin Benea Nadaban; Romania
14. Alex Curtis; UK
15. James Darley; UK
16. Boris Lulic; Croatia
17. Pietro Rossin; Italy
18. Jonathan Scarfo; Argentina
19. Karl Sever; Austria
20. Markus Kaldenbach; Ireland
21. Wong Ling Choo; Singapore

.. and a bigger THANKS to those who will donate in the future !!

//IF YOU ARE ON FROYO (ANDROID 2.2/2.2.1) OR ON ECLAIR (ANDROID 2.1) WITH A x0 FIRMWARE (OFNI x0) USE HEIMDALL METHOD OR ODIN3 (V1.7) METHOD TO REFLASH YOUR BOOTLOADERS

//UPDATE
//17.DEC.2010
//ALL FIRMWARES

Since Richthofen didn't update his Odin3 solution to use the LATEST bootloaders (03.dec.2010), there you have it.

If Samsung Drivers are properly installed for Download Mode, the flashing process is just as safe to do so with Odin3 as with Heimdall.

When the Galaxy S is connected to the PC in Download Mode, you have to see in Device Manager: USB Composite Device Samsung and Samsung Mobile Modem.

If you see this, is 100% safe to use Odin v1.3 or v1.7 to flash the bootloaders.

80533107.jpg

Preparations: Make sure you have the drivers installed (i.e Kies is recognizing the phone) and "USB Debugging" is turned on in "Settings -> Applications -> Development" menu. Type *#0228# in the dialer and check Voltage value (without USB plugged in) is atleast 3800(mV).

HEIMDALL METHOD:

01. Unplug the phone from the computer (if connected)
02. Kill all Kies related software (tray agent, etc)

// if you don't have Heimdall's Drivers installed, skip only step 3 for now, and follow the tutorial until you get to step 6, then (with the mobile still connected in Download Mode) run zadig.exe from Heimdall's Driver folder to install proper drivers. After that, continue the tutorial with step 7

03. Start Heimdall Downloader (Heimdall-frontend.exe)
04. Plug in the phone to the computer
05. Download adbDownload.zip
06. Unpack adbDownload.zip and run/double click on Download.bat
07. Download RAZ_P-SBL_SGS.tar
08. Unpack RAZ_P-SBL_SGS.tar
09. Move to Heimdall-Frontend.exe (GUI) and select boot.bin and SBL.bin.
10. Flash the bootloaders

You can get the latest Heimdall, here
Please read the instructions and README files included in the archives.

NOTE: You must have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed on your system for Heimdall to work.

ODIN3 METHOD:

1. Unplug the phone from the computer (if connected)
2. Kill all Kies related software (tray agent, etc)
3. Start Odin3 v1.3 or v1.7 Downloader
4. Plug in the phone to the computer
5. Download adbDownload.zip
6. Unpack adbDownload.zip and run/double click on Download.bat
7. Download PSbl_stockJPU.tar.md5
8. Move to Odin3 v1.3 or v1.7 Downloader and select "PSbl_stockJPU.tar.md5" as PDA file. Make sure "Phone Bootloader Update" is ticked and re-partition is unticked. Do not select any other files but "PSbl_stockJPU.tar.md5".
9. Press "Start" button to launch the update process. It will take around three seconds to complete. After the update phone will reboot automatically.

// Romanian Tutorial translated HERE
// Spanish Tutorial translated HERE
// Italian Tutorial translated HERE

//READ BELOW ONLY IF YOU ARE ON ANDROID 2.1 OR USING A CUSTOM RECOVERY MENU TO APPLY THE UPDATE.ZIP
//READ BELOW ONLY IF YOU ARE ON ANDROID 2.1 OR USING A CUSTOM RECOVERY MENU TO APPLY THE UPDATE.ZIP

Many Orange users and other Branded Galaxy S users bricked or semi-bricked their E-Fused or U3 Phones while applying various 3-Button Combo FiXes.

NOW here is a real PROPER solution ! 110% SAFE ! for Selected Firmwares. NO Odin3 required !

HOW-TO check if your mobile is compatible (Windows):

Step 1: Download the XVI32 Hex Editor

Step 2: Dump your BML1 block (rooted phone needed):

Step 2 Explained:

on ANDROID:

Install "Terminal Emulator" (Market download)
Run "Terminal Emulator" and type:

su (a superuser request will be displayed on the phone screen, accept it).
dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/bml1.dump

The dump will be copied to the root of the internal SD card.

or WINDOWS:

Open a new command prompt and type:

adb shell

Step 3: Open the bml1.dump file with XVI32.

Step 4: Search (in ASCII Mode) for OFNI.

If the block reads "!@" just follow the tutorial below starting with Step 1.

If it reads "x0" then STOP as this FiX will BRICK your phone if applied !!

HOW-TO check if your mobile is compatible (UNIX):

on UNIX, any hexdump (or od / ghex /etc...) programs will show, for what you call a bad "x0" dump:
Code:
hexdump -C bml1.dump | grep OFNI           
000053e0  4f 46 4e 49 1c 02 d7 30  44 02 d7 30 00 48 2d e9  |OFNI...0D..0.H-.|

and for the "safe" dump:
Code:
hexdump -C bml1.safedump | grep OFNI 
000053e0  4f 46 4e 49 1c 82 21 40  44 82 21 40 00 48 2d e9  |OFNI..!@D.!@.H-.|

Other output format, with od:
Code:
od -c bml1.dump | grep "O.*F" 
0051740   O   F   N   I 034 002 327   0   D 002 327   0  \0   H   - 351
od -c bml1.safedump | grep "O.*F" 
0051740   O   F   N   I 034 202   !   @   D 202   !   @  \0   H   - 351

Why is this different? How come it is 110% Safe for Selected/ALL Firmwares containing the !@ block?
Well .. it uses redbend to self-flash a proper SBL, compatible with the Primitive one found on Selected firmwares

I want to thank my sweet little girlfriend, Georgiana Coman , for making this possible by supporting the geek inside me :* and also for helping me re-pack and upload the needed files.

Also, I want to welcome baby Vlad, into this wonderful world ! (23.nov.2010)

Step 1: Download RAZ-FiX-SGS.zip
Step 1.1: Place the file to the root of the INTERNAL phone's memory and rename it to: Update.zip
Step 1.2: Make sure USB debugging is enabled (Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging)
Step 1.3: Connect the Phone to the PC

Step 2: Download adbRecovery.zip
Step 2.1: Unpack adbRecovery.zip
Step 2.2: Run Recovery.bat

//for the next step to work, you need to be on Recovery 2e (Android 2.1). It will NOT work on Froyo (Android 2.2, Recovery 3e)
//to get the proper recovery menu back, follow the guide found HERE (thank you, Reschi85)

Step 3: Select on the phone's menu: apply sdcard; update.zip and press the Home button.

After a few seconds, the phone should restart and the FiX will have been applied.
Now, just use the regular 3-Button Combo to enter Download Mode (Volume Down + H0me + Power) or Recovery !!

Enjoy .:)

Very special thanks go to..
Georgiana Coman , the girl behind the legend
Special thanks go to..
Richthofen for giving me a place to start in developing this method.
DukeForever for providing the "bad" BML1 Dump (Orange Fr)
Tyxerakias for providind the BML4 (Sbl.bin) Dump
Lorse for writing the automated x0 script and providing the info about proper driver installation.
Intronauta for re-packing the needed files for Odin3 flashing
Vvaleta and Vinclar of HTCmania for translating/writing the tutorial in Spanish
Reschi85 for writing the instructions on how to get Recovery 2e on Froyo
NicDumZ for the UNIX output
Z4kW0lf for translating/writing the tutorial in Italian

.. and a F*ck YOU goes to the Authorized Romanian Orange Care Center Service Team, especially Cristian I.

Please use my PayPal account for donations. Thank You.

Razvan Ghituleasa

Last edited:

tb5...

Oct 19, 2007
Toronto
e-fused ??

i got a bell
I9000UGJG9

will this work for me...

does the lag fix have to be removed?
and how about if it's rooted?

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
e-fused ??

i got a bell
I9000UGJG9

will this work for me...

Here is how to check if the PBL is good or not for SBL update:

Download the XVI32 Hex Editor

Dump your BML1 block (rooted phone needed):

1. adb shell
2. su (a superuser request will be displayed on the phone screen, accept it).
3. dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/bml1.dump

Open the bml1.dump file with XVI32.

Last edited:
Reactions: airf0rce

stinger32

Nov 13, 2006
Stockholm
.. just take a leap of faith and post the results :)
Hehe I wonder what the service center will say if I show up for the third time and blame Kies again they must think I'm an complete fool. The service-center didnt manage to fix it the second time, they have sent it back to Samsung so I'm waiting for it right now.

aureusz

Dec 16, 2009
Would it be possible to adapt this method to all Phones ?

Even non e-fused phones had some bricks while flashing bootloader with Odin.

I made the mistake to flash Kies update without checking first if it was "e-fused" or not and that's what might led me into trouble (tried to flash with Kies, regedit method, no way to tell now about "efused", it's not booting at all, power button not working, Download mode combo not working.)

gzus9000

Feb 6, 2009
great tool, worked flawless on my SGS, thank you RazvanG, the other methods seemed to complicated or risky for me so i decided to wait until something safe appears and here it is the safest method.

Great work, greatly appreciated!

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
Would it be possible to adapt this method to all Phones ?

Even non e-fused phones had some bricks while flashing bootloader with Odin.

I made the mistake to flash Kies update without checking first if it was "e-fused" or not and that's what might led me into trouble (tried to flash with Kies, regedit method, no way to tell now about "efused", it's not booting at all, power button not working, Download mode combo not working.)

It *should* work on any firmware (even non e-fused).. if you want to take a leap of faith, be my guest and post the results.

Reactions: airf0rce

cyberdamienb

Aug 11, 2010
Thank you man!
And do you know if there is a technical operation to unbrick those who bricked their "orange" phones using various 3-Button Combo FiXes?

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
Thank you man!
And do you know if there is a technical operation to unbrick those who bricked their "orange" phones using various 3-Button Combo FiXes?

You can force the firmware update into the phone using the JTAG port (on the PCB) or you can make a JIG Tool using a modified USB Cable (see this thread) and force the phone to enter Download Mode and then reflash using Kies or Odin3

Attachments

• (10-67)GT-I9000_How_to_enter_download_mode__rev1.0.pdf
    115.2 KB · Views: 511

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
So, what makes this safer than the original one?

It uses the same SBL as I did with the Redbend release.

The SBL is incompatible with some old PBL versions, so to make it safe it is required to update the PBL too.

This is the reason I use Odin to flash PBL & SBL.

So this is identical with my GT-I9000_SBL_RCVDL_FIX_REDBEND.7z (released 9/19/2010).

I do not recommend using either of these versions as the PBL-SBL updater (Odin method) has proven to be alot safer.

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
So, what makes this safer than the original one?

It uses the same SBL as I did with the Redbend release.

The SBL is incompatible with some old PBL versions, so to make it safe it is required to update the PBL too.

This is the reason I use Odin to flash PBL & SBL.

So this is identical with my GT-I9000_SBL_RCVDL_FIX_REDBEND.7z (released 9/19/2010).

I do not recommend using either of these versions as the PBL-SBL updater (Odin method) has proven to be alot safer.

This method is 110% safe for the eFuesed terminals (tested on many phones from Orange Romania before releasing).

The Odin3 method that you provide, updates both the PBL and the SBL, and sometimes fails resulting a brick.

<ID:0/003> Please wait..
<ID:0/003> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/003> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

You say that: If Odin gives a error it is a driver issue or you did not follow the instructions.. but a brick is a brick and the phone needs JTAG to recover or a home-made JIG (soldering skills)

I know many guys who bricked their phones using your latest (so called safer) method and had to send the phone back to Samsung for flashing. I only provided a fix for those who don't want to take that risk.

Thank you for providing at some point a SBL. It helped a lot :)

Last edited:

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
This method is 110% safe for the eFuesed terminals (tested on many phones from Orange Romania before releasing).

The Odin3 method that updates both the PBL and the SBL, sometimes fails and bricks the phone.

You say that: If Odin gives a error it is a driver issue or you did not follow the instructions.. but a brick is a brick and the phone needs JTAG to recover or a home-made JIG (soldering skills)

I know many guys who bricked their phones using your latest method and had to send the phone back to Samsung. I only provided a fix for those who don't want to take that risk.

Thank you for providing a SBL in the first place. It helped a lot :)

True, but this version of the SBL has also been producing bricks with phones with E-Fused PBL´s. I don´t know why would it be different this time.

manosv

Apr 12, 2007
Heraklion,Crete

The Odin3 method that you provide, updates both the PBL and the SBL, and sometimes fails resulting a brick.

I know many guys who bricked their phones using your latest (so called safer) method and had to send the phone back to Samsung for flashing. I only provided a fix for those who don't want to take that risk.

Thank you for providing at some point a SBL. It helped a lot :)

I am one of them

RazvanG

Aug 1, 2010
True, but this version of the SBL has also been producing bricks with phones with E-Fused PBL´s. I don´t know why would it be different this time.

I'll reconsider this FiX after someone using an eFused phone gets a brick following my tutorial, but for now .. 110% success rate :)

Thank you once again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changelog:

-NEW links added
    -Heimdall Method is now better explained
    -Added Italian tutorial (written by Z4kW0lf)
    -Added Spanish tutorial (written by Vvaleta, Vinclar and Lorse of HTCmania, thanks guys !)
    -Updated Odin3 solution to use md5 checksum - will NOT hang at boot.bin (Windows, thanks to Lorse and Intronauta of HTCmania)
    -Added the latest bootloaders from Samsung, optimized for Froyo on Galaxy S
    -Added the Android dumping method (BML1) for my original FiX
    -Files inside RAZ_P-SBL_SGS.tar will be flashed using Heimdall (Windows & UNIX)
    -Removed the EXPERIMENTAL x0 FiX (redbend_ua self-flash for x0 Firmwares).
    -Initial Release

Hello FiXed World 3.0 by RazvanG .. in dedication to my beloved grandmother, Camelia Petrescu (05.SEP.1934 – 03.DEC.2010) I will always love you.

(because information should be free for all):
    YOU MAY NOT, BY ANY MEANS, USE THIS SOLUTION/CODE OR PART OF IT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
    DO NOT USE THIS METHOD COMMERCIALLY

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THIS METHOD IN YOUR FREE SOFTWARE WITHOUT PROPER CREDITS ADDED TO IT.
    YOU SHOULD ALWAYS MENTION MY NAME AND MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR DONATIONS IN YOUR SOFTWARE IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS SBL FiX

PLEASE give credit (and donations if you can) to RazvanG for finding The Solution, writing this Tutorial and the Automated Script (PayPAL Donation)

For those of you that have donated THANKS!

01. Ghioane Gino Cristian; Romania
    02. Jimmie Knutas; Sweden
    03. Jose Mendoza; USA
    04. Anonymous; Norway
    05. Reschi85; Austria
    06. Ekin Tekbiyik; Australia
    07. Salman Daha; USA
    08. Jamie Sidford; UK
    09. Stefano Passerini; Italy
    10. Fabio Verardo; Italy
    11. Radu Marian Enache; Romania
    12. Haanstra Sander; Netherlands
    13. Rares Alin Benea Nadaban; Romania
    14. Alex Curtis; UK
    15. James Darley; UK
    16. Boris Lulic; Croatia
    17. Pietro Rossin; Italy
    18. Jonathan Scarfo; Argentina
    19. Karl Sever; Austria
    20. Markus Kaldenbach; Ireland
    21. Wong Ling Choo; Singapore

.. and a bigger THANKS to those who will donate in the future !!

//IF YOU ARE ON FROYO (ANDROID 2.2/2.2.1) OR ON ECLAIR (ANDROID 2.1) WITH A x0 FIRMWARE (OFNI x0) USE HEIMDALL METHOD OR ODIN3 (V1.7) METHOD TO REFLASH YOUR BOOTLOADERS

//UPDATE
    //17.DEC.2010
    //ALL FIRMWARES

Since Richthofen didn't update his Odin3 solution to use the LATEST bootloaders (03.dec.2010), there you have it.

If Samsung Drivers are properly installed for Download Mode, the flashing process is just as safe to do so with Odin3 as with Heimdall.

When the Galaxy S is connected to the PC in Download Mode, you have to see in Device Manager: USB Composite Device Samsung and Samsung Mobile Modem.

If you see this, is 100% safe to use Odin v1.3 or v1.7 to flash the bootloaders.

80533107.jpg

Preparations: Make sure you have the drivers installed (i.e Kies is recognizing the phone) and "USB Debugging" is turned on in "Settings -> Applications -> Development" menu. Type *#0228# in the dialer and check Voltage value (without USB plugged in) is atleast 3800(mV).

HEIMDALL METHOD:

01. Unplug the phone from the computer (if connected)
    02. Kill all Kies related software (tray agent, etc)

// if you don't have Heimdall's Drivers installed, skip only step 3 for now, and follow the tutorial until you get to step 6, then (with the mobile still connected in Download Mode) run zadig.exe from Heimdall's Driver folder to install proper drivers. After that, continue the tutorial with step 7

03. Start Heimdall Downloader (Heimdall-frontend.exe)
    04. Plug in the phone to the computer
    05. Download adbDownload.zip
    06. Unpack adbDownload.zip and run/double click on Download.bat
    08. Unpack RAZ_P-SBL_SGS.tar
    09. Move to Heimdall-Frontend.exe (GUI) and select boot.bin and SBL.bin.
    10. Flash the bootloaders

You can get the latest Heimdall, here
    Please read the instructions and README files included in the archives.

NOTE: You must have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed on your system for Heimdall to work.

ODIN3 METHOD:

1. Unplug the phone from the computer (if connected)
    2. Kill all Kies related software (tray agent, etc)
    3. Start Odin3 v1.3 or v1.7 Downloader
    4. Plug in the phone to the computer
    5. Download adbDownload.zip
    6. Unpack adbDownload.zip and run/double click on Download.bat
    7. Download PSbl_stockJPU.tar.md5
    8. Move to Odin3 v1.3 or v1.7 Downloader and select "PSbl_stockJPU.tar.md5" as PDA file. Make sure "Phone Bootloader Update" is ticked and re-partition is unticked. Do not select any other files but "PSbl_stockJPU.tar.md5".
    9. Press "Start" button to launch the update process. It will take around three seconds to complete. After the update phone will reboot automatically.

// Romanian Tutorial translated HERE
    // Spanish Tutorial translated HERE
    // Italian Tutorial translated HERE

Many Orange users and other Branded Galaxy S users bricked or semi-bricked their E-Fused or U3 Phones while applying various 3-Button Combo FiXes.

NOW here is a real PROPER solution ! 110% SAFE ! for Selected Firmwares. NO Odin3 required !

HOW-TO check if your mobile is compatible (Windows):

Step 1: Download the XVI32 Hex Editor

Step 2: Dump your BML1 block (rooted phone needed):

Step 2 Explained:

on ANDROID:

Install "Terminal Emulator" (Market download)
    Run "Terminal Emulator" and type:

or WINDOWS:

adb shell

Step 3: Open the bml1.dump file with XVI32.

Step 4: Search (in ASCII Mode) for OFNI.

If the block reads "!@" just follow the tutorial below starting with Step 1.

HOW-TO check if your mobile is compatible (UNIX):

on UNIX, any hexdump (or od / ghex /etc...) programs will show, for what you call a bad "x0" dump:
    Code:
    hexdump -C bml1.dump | grep OFNI           
    000053e0  4f 46 4e 49 1c 02 d7 30  44 02 d7 30 00 48 2d e9  |OFNI...0D..0.H-.|

and for the "safe" dump:
    Code:
    hexdump -C bml1.safedump | grep OFNI 
    000053e0  4f 46 4e 49 1c 82 21 40  44 82 21 40 00 48 2d e9  |OFNI..!@D.!@.H-.|

Other output format, with od:
    Code:
    od -c bml1.dump | grep "O.*F" 
    0051740   O   F   N   I 034 002 327   0   D 002 327   0  \0   H   - 351
    od -c bml1.safedump | grep "O.*F" 
    0051740   O   F   N   I 034 202   !   @   D 202   !   @  \0   H   - 351

Why is this different? How come it is 110% Safe for Selected/ALL Firmwares containing the !@ block?
    Well .. it uses redbend to self-flash a proper SBL, compatible with the Primitive one found on Selected firmwares

I want to thank my sweet little girlfriend, Georgiana Coman , for making this possible by supporting the geek inside me :* and also for helping me re-pack and upload the needed files.

Also, I want to welcome baby Vlad, into this wonderful world ! (23.nov.2010)

Step 1: Download RAZ-FiX-SGS.zip
    Step 1.1: Place the file to the root of the INTERNAL phone's memory and rename it to: Update.zip
    Step 1.2: Make sure USB debugging is enabled (Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging)
    Step 1.3: Connect the Phone to the PC

Step 2: Download adbRecovery.zip
    Step 2.1: Unpack adbRecovery.zip
    Step 2.2: Run Recovery.bat

//for the next step to work, you need to be on Recovery 2e (Android 2.1). It will NOT work on Froyo (Android 2.2, Recovery 3e)
    //to get the proper recovery menu back, follow the guide found HERE (thank you, Reschi85)

Step 3: Select on the phone's menu: apply sdcard; update.zip and press the Home button.

After a few seconds, the phone should restart and the FiX will have been applied.
    Now, just use the regular 3-Button Combo to enter Download Mode (Volume Down + H0me + Power) or Recovery !!

Enjoy .:)

Very special thanks go to..
    Georgiana Coman , the girl behind the legend
    Special thanks go to..
    Richthofen for giving me a place to start in developing this method.
    DukeForever for providing the "bad" BML1 Dump (Orange Fr)
    Tyxerakias for providind the BML4 (Sbl.bin) Dump
    Lorse for writing the automated x0 script and providing the info about proper driver installation.
    Intronauta for re-packing the needed files for Odin3 flashing
    Vvaleta and Vinclar of HTCmania for translating/writing the tutorial in Spanish
    Reschi85 for writing the instructions on how to get Recovery 2e on Froyo
    NicDumZ for the UNIX output
    Z4kW0lf for translating/writing the tutorial in Italian

.. and a F*ck YOU goes to the Authorized Romanian Orange Care Center Service Team, especially Cristian I.

Please use my PayPal account for donations. Thank You.

Razvan Ghituleasa
    I thought the same thing about the bootloader, but I needed to ask for confirmation. :)

If I can't go in Download and/or Recovery mode, can I just fix it with Heimdall without checking if I have the !@ in OFNI or must I first check that?

And if I have the x0??

Ps in case of !@: Once I have fixed my bootloader, will I be albe to be ok for ever??

Ps i case of x0: am I f**kt?

In any case, If I ALWAYS use Heimdall to install official/unofficial/modded roms, will I have problems with bricking my SGS??

Thank you.

The original FiX (update.zip) works ONLY on !@ Firmwares

The Heimdall FiX works on ANY firmware (!@ or x0) so if you chose to go with this one, you don't need to check the OFNI block.

Once fixed, "you will be ok for ever" :) and don't need to worry about bricking ever again.
    Another happy user here!! Worked great in my international I9000 with JM2 running!! Finally a really working fix! Many many thanks:):):):):):):)

Don't forget to hit the 'thanks' button and donate if you can.

RazvanG
    e-fused ??

i got a bell
    I9000UGJG9

will this work for me...

Here is how to check if the PBL is good or not for SBL update:

Download the XVI32 Hex Editor

Dump your BML1 block (rooted phone needed):

1. adb shell
    2. su (a superuser request will be displayed on the phone screen, accept it).
    3. dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/bml1.dump

Open the bml1.dump file with XVI32.
    Hi,
    is there anyone with a working link for:
    ?
    thanx!

I only have the file for the Odin method. Used it before on my old s1 as well as for friends. Worked great. BUT as xda attachments dont accept md5 files I took it off the end so before using make sure you rename the file and add .md5 to the end of the file name.

View attachment PSbl_stockJPU.tar

Hope it helps.