DST Settings On/Off Switch.

Search This thread

blankulus

Jun 11, 2008
Kingston
Xiaomi Mi 10
Anybody,
Is it possible for you to include an option in the date setting to turn on/off daylight savings adjustment. I live in Jamaica and we do not adjust for daylight savings, so everytime I sync my D2 with Outlook during DST it adjusts my clock forward 1hr.
When I reset the time on my phone all my appointments are thrown off by an hour.
This is driving me CRAZY!
Help please.

Last edited:

codhunter

Nov 7, 2009
Mansfield
Try this...

use a reg editor to change the setting...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Clock\HomeDST
HomeDST=0 (disable DST)
HomeDST=1 (enable DST)

blankulus

Jun 11, 2008
Kingston
Xiaomi Mi 10
Thanks man. Just disabled auto DST switch using Advanced Config. If only I had known it were so easy. Feel a little like a Duh Duh :)

Well I guess I'll spend the rest of my evening fixing my calendar for the last time now that I got rid of that headache. :D

Thanks again

I jumped for joy too soon:(
This didn't work.
It says it's disabled in Advanced Config but as soon as the phone syncs it advances the time 1hr.

About to try the 2nd suggestion with the reg edit

I jumped for joy too soon:(
This didn't work.
It says it's disabled in Advanced Config but as soon as the phone syncs it advances the time 1hr.

About to try the 2nd suggestion with the reg edit

Your time is syncing with the internet.
You need to go to Settgins Tab\Data Services\Internet Time Sync and uncheck "Get Time From Internet"

La_Globule

Nov 6, 2007
There a registry key to enable/disable automatic DST change :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Clock\AutoDST
AutoDST=0 (disable automatic DST change)
AutoDST=1 (enable automatic DST change)

In fact, Advanced Config toggles this one.
Try and let us know.

Last edited:

edward_andrew

May 13, 2010
No solution

Hello!
I already disabled DST and auto DST from the registry to no avail.Time sync in "UMTS/GSM services" is disabled.Once in 3-4 days my phone switches back to winter time instead of keeping the standard time and screws my morning alarm and my appointments.My desktop is set to standard time so no screwing from that connection via ActiveSync.Despite the season I need to keep the standard time instead of winter time.
Any solutions?

TD2IN

May 2, 2011
DST should automatically handelled by the ROM instead of a switch I think.
I use Photon ROM and never had this issue.

During the DST changeover here the device was good and corrected times automatically. Also the calender events, alarm all invoked at correct time too.