Any help on Pioneer XDP-300R bootloop ?

Search This thread

stefan999

Jul 21, 2019
Onkyo dp-x1 rom on Pioneer xdp300r.

You need to change settings in twrp not to check md5 checksum, if it doesn't work then i'll create one with checksum.

Hello

I found on the Chinese site an older version of software for onkyo dp-x1 reworked by someone from root and I managed to upload it. It worked my dap came back to life. Then the system automatically downloaded the latest software version, I made root again and everything works as it should. the difference is now the yellow font color, the onkyo player and the name in the system call dp-x1. The rest is exactly the same as the pioneer.

If someone wants I can insert a link to the page with this software. There are two versions of this software 1.26 and 1.28.
I installed the first one and everything worked without a problem.
Then you can automatically download the latest version.

greetings

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
Hello

I found on the Chinese site an older version of software for onkyo dp-x1 reworked by someone from root and I managed to upload it. It worked my dap came back to life. Then the system automatically downloaded the latest software version, I made root again and everything works as it should. the difference is now the yellow font color, the onkyo player and the name in the system call dp-x1. The rest is exactly the same as the pioneer.

If someone wants I can insert a link to the page with this software. There are two versions of this software 1.26 and 1.28.

greetings

Hi, could u give me a link to download this?
And in what method u flashed the original firmware?
Thanks

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
Hi !
Links are probably these ones, but they're not tested, so be "careful" here.

Onkyo DP-X1 Rom v1.26 OTA
Onkyo DP-X1 Rom v1.28 OTA
Onkyo DP-X1 Rom v1.37 OTA

Too bad we don't have at least the last official OTA update for the XDP-300R...

Edit : a dumb URL format for the XDP-300R would be
Code:
https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/pioneer_fuzin2r32_fuzin2r32/<hash>.signed-Pioneer_32G-ota_update.zip
...so, maybe we're only missing the hash here...?

Last edited:

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
Hello

greetings

Hi ! I managed to snatch a Service Manual for the DP-X1, and some fastboot commands are interesting :

Code:
fastboot oem data:r DestID
To which my XDP-300R answered " 1 ", and
Code:
fastboot oem data:r ModelID
... to which my XDP-300R also answered " 1 ".

(Region code is 1 for Japan, 2 for US, 3 for Europe, and I suppose that model ID is 1 for XDP-300R and 2 for XD-P1 for my original Pioneer ROM, so the good parameter could be 2 for a Onkyo ROM)
You can try to read them by using the same commands, and if values differ, change them by :

Code:
fastboot oem data:w DestID:1
and of course,
Code:
fastboot oem data:w ModelID:1
...thus maybe changing your region to japan, and model to XDP-300R

Hope this is going to be helpful in any way.

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
Hi all !

After some digging around, I've found other fastboot commands, and I will try to explain how they work.
(note that all commands are issued with this fashion : fastboot <command>)

• boot <boot/recovery> <file>
    Boot the device to a locally stored image. (eg : fastboot boot recovery.img)​
  • boot-recovery
    Boot the device's recovery image.​
  • flash <image> <file>
    Writes the specified image to the specified destination. (eg : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)​
  • erase <image>
    Erases the specified destination. (eg : fastboot erase userdata)
    CAUTION !! There's no do overs if your bootloader is locked.
  • continue
    Resumes booting processus, exits fastboot mode.​
  • reboot
    Self explainatory...​
  • reboot-bootloader
    Reboot device to Bootloader (fastboot).​
  • oem unlock <force>
    Unlocks Bootloader for flashing purposes.
    NOTE : this command is "locked" by default and won't actually work unless you unlock your bootloader while the device is still working properly thru Developper Options. If you're in a bootloop state, you HAVE to force it.
  • oem lock
    Locks Bootloader for flashing purposes.
    NOTE : this command works, you may NEVER type this !
  • oem device-info
    Outputs bootloader state.

Typical Ouput of an unlocked device :
    Code:
    (bootloader)     Device tampered: false
    (bootloader)     Device unlocked: true
    (bootloader)     FRP unlock: true
    (bootloader)     Charger screen enabled: true
    OKAY [  0.006s]
  • getvar <argument>
    Displays bootloader variables. (eg : fastboot getvar all)​
  • download <argument>
    I'm not sure right now, maybe kindo adb push file ?​
  • dump <argument>
    Not sure either, maybe kindo adb pull, but for system images ?​
  • read <argument>
    Last command where I'm not sure...​
  • oem adb_enable <1/0>
    (Volatile) Switches ADB on or off (I don't know how to access it yet)​
  • oem oemdata
    Displays infos about the model. You can read/write specific values with others commands, see below.
    Typical ouptut :
    Code:
    (bootloader)     ModelID: 1
    (bootloader)     DestID: 1
    (bootloader)     PSN: UB7ZM4XXXX
    (bootloader)     SSN: QLCI0000XXXX
    (bootloader)     BTAddr: 7C:D3:0A:0F:XX:XX
    (bootloader)     WIFIAddr: 7C:D3:0A:0F:XX:XX
    OKAY [  0.009s]
  • oem data:r <argument>
    Read OEM specific data.
    Arguments list :​
    • ModelID : Switch between Onkyo and Pioneer brands (On Pioneer ROM, 1 is for Pioneer, 2 is for Onkyo)
    • DestID : Switch between different regions. Region coding is : 1 - Japan, 2 - USA, 3 - Europe)
    • PSN : Production Serial Number
    • SSN : Series Serial Number
    • BTAddr : Bluetooth MAC Address
    • WIFIAddr : Wifi MAC Address
    • AdbEnable (read-only via oem data:w) : Is ADB enabled (I didn't figured when ADB enables, maybe while charging ?)
    • DebugLevel_Eng : Debug level for engineers, I don't know where logs are shown / saved
    • DebugLevel_Usr : Debug level for users, I don't know where logs are shown / saved
  • oem data:w <argument>:<value>
    Writes a a value based on a specific argument, see above.
    Note that there's a colon and no space between the argument and the value.

I hope all of this makes sense and will help debunking things so anyone can at last debrick a bootlocked, non booting device.

Last edited:

Yuhma_Seo2203

Jul 31, 2016
Hello

greetings

regards, what method did you use to install the dp-x1 firmware on the xdp300, thanks in advance

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
Damn, I've lost my unlocked bit by tampering my device testing things (don't know exactly what ?).

Code:
(bootloader) 	Device tampered: true
(bootloader) 	Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) 	FRP unlock: true
(bootloader) 	Charger screen enabled: true

Hopefully, I'm still able to start it via fastboot boot original_boot.img, but this is getting bad....

We need dev/hacker help here !

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
wait you bootloop without unlocking bootloader? thats amazing hahaha

Last edited:

flwjyq

Apr 18, 2020
Now I can only access port 9008. Is there any help?

Now I can only access port 9008. Is there any help?

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
At this stage, we're currently stuck unfortunately.

We don't have any help from the QPST community, we lack some informations, and mostly we lack Pioneer / Onkyo's support, while we know they have the rom bundled in a zip file with adb-fastboot tools.

Sorry for carrying such bad news for the moment...

Can you elaborate why you can only boot in EDL mode ? Maybe there's another fix ?

You can PM me if you want.

Cheers !

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
Some news :

After leaving the device as a bootlooping paperweight for 2-3 months, I picked it up, plugged it with usb, fastboot mode, and did a :

Code:
fastboot boot boot.img

... resulting the device powering up in charge mode. I've let it charge all the way, then booted it up once again with the same command : it worked just fine (boot needed to be tethered tho).

(I think the tamperer device bit is held in RAM, so as my device was fully discharged, maybe the bit got lost. It's only an assumption there.)

I then disabled and re-enabled the Unlock OEM in the dev menu, rebooted the device and successfully flashed it by :

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Now my device is fixed.

If anyone wants to try this to hopefully fix a bootlooping device, you can by grabbing the boot.img of a working device via the Gdrive link.

Don't hesitate to reply, this might be something.

Cheers !

Last edited:

Alexsampayo

May 22, 2020
Any help

Hello, first an apology since English is not my mother tongue, I have a problem with an xdp 300 r that I acquired used, one day when turning it on I no longer pass the screen of powered by Android, reading its very useful post try to bring it to life, however, I cannot do it because I never remove the oem lock, I would like to know if they have managed to solve a situation like this or if I can resign myself to having a paperweight

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
"Powered by android" screen could be either be a faulty boot.img or a faulty non-hlos.img.

You can try to fastboot boot good_boot.img (file linked in my google drive, a few pages before this post), and if succes, oem unlock, then fastboot flash boot.img.

Keep me posted :)

Alexsampayo

May 22, 2020
Fail try

"Powered by android" screen could be either be a faulty boot.img or a faulty non-hlos.img.

You can try to fastboot boot good_boot.img (file linked in my google drive, a few pages before this post), and if succes, oem unlock, then fastboot flash boot.img.

Keep me posted :)

when trying to make the flash bootloader it says "FAILED (remote: device is locked. Cannot flash images) my problem at the beginning was very similar to what you put in your original post, with the difference that my dap brick alone, and it was done a brick that was not responding when connected to the computer, following the steps they have put in this post I managed to make the bootloader recognize it but when trying to reset the operating system it always sends me that message

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
So, your device booted, right ?

If so, yes, it's normal for your pc not to see it as a fastboot device because it lefted that mode.

So, now, you have to enable developper mode (google how to), and inside it, enable oem unlock.

Once done, power off your device, then power it on in fastboot mode and make :
Fastboot oem unlock
(Should return ok, then...)
Fastboot flash boot good_boot.img

Reboot the device and it should be fixed !

Alexsampayo

May 22, 2020
some detail is wrong

So, your device booted, right ?

If so, yes, it's normal for your pc not to see it as a fastboot device because it lefted that mode.

So, now, you have to enable developper mode (google how to), and inside it, enable oem unlock.

Once done, power off your device, then power it on in fastboot mode and make :
Fastboot oem unlock
(Should return ok, then...)
Fastboot flash boot good_boot.img

Reboot the device and it should be fixed !

the device does not start, although in theory the boot was done correctly according to fastboot, the dap remains with the penguin symbol and if I restart it manually it simply stays on the Android screen

grogcw

Oct 10, 2012
Montpellier
Damn. Ok. Did you try multiples times or just once ?

What did you do to have it in this state (possibly nothing as I had this bug...) ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Onkyo dp-x1 rom on Pioneer xdp300r.

You need to change settings in twrp not to check md5 checksum, if it doesn't work then i'll create one with checksum.

Hello

greetings
    Hi !

I've attempted to deal with the devil by trying to root my Pioneer XDP-300R resulting in a bootloop problem (device is stuck on "Powered by Android" screen).

I attempted to flash a boot.img for a Onkyo DX-P1 (which is the same firmware), and still I haven't progressed.

No firmware, update or imgs are provided on Pioneer's website.

I still have access to fastboot (OEM is LOCKED, so I can't boot TWRP and such) in bootloader mode and adb push (no shell) in recovery mode.

Do you guys have any idea how to sort it out ?

Edit :
    I managed to make my device go into Qualcomm's emergency download mode.

Here's how to :
    1 - Make sure the device is completely off and unplugged from USB.
    2 - Install QPST V2.7.474 (not enough posts to share url, but I can PM it).
    3 - Install QDLoader Drivers (same as #2).
    4 - Simply press and hold the "Play" button while connecting it to your computer, the device manager should see a "Qualcomm 9008 port" listed in Ports while the player's screen stays black.
    5 - Do the Carlton (important step !)

Now, if anyone possessing a FUNCTIONAL AND ROOTED Pioneer XDP-300r is reading this and willing to help, can you get in touch with me ?

Together, we could manage to save all the other devices from soft-bricking.

All I would need from you is some time, hard disk space and patience to sort it out.

Please <insert_your_name_here>, you're my only hope !

Edit #2 :
    Thanks to minotauri's great help, we managed to get a FULL rom backup, split the partitions to files and generate all the files needed for QFIL.

ErrOzz has been given access to this, hoping that he'll try it out soon.

If that works, I'll link you the files and write the walkthrough to bring you DAP back to life.

minotauri's contributions are not in rest tho, he managed to also successfuly patch TWRP for the device, so anyone can securely flash things from there now.

For anyone reading this thread : you're not the only one who screwed things up, we did too but we might have the cure. Hang in there !
    Hi !
    From the edl / qdload 9008 state, you can't afaik.

Here's how I think you can :

1 - Unplug your device from USB and power it off from whatever state it is.
    2 - Power it on pressing Power + Previous button (keep holding, you should be "stuck" on the penguin logo).
    3 - Connect your USB.
    4 - Check that you have a Android ADB Device in your device manager (install drivers manually if you have an Unknown device).
    5 - Grab any fastboot from the internet if you don't already have it (I'll PM you my gdrive, it's there for exemple).
    6 - From CMD, go to fastboot directory. (cd <my_folder_with_fastboot>).
    7 - Type in : fastboot devices
    If fastboot sees your device, you're on the good path, else, check your driver / connection / reboot to fastboot "penguin" state.
    8 - Type in : fastboot oem device-info
    If it replies
    (bootloader) Device unlocked: true
    among others, you're in a good, good way, else, you're screwed by now, but we are working on it.
    9 - If all the precedent are fulfilled type :
    fastboot flash boot <my_boot_image.img>
    10 - Mandatory Carlton.

I hope you'll be in the right path all the way, if you're stuck somewhere or if your bootloader is locked, please let me know.

Cheers !